Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 433

Old 02-27-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Afternoon all. Sorry but not signed in for the past few days. But I am still sober. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean. Thanks for keeping me on the list Suze. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering and struggling.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Fantastic news Goose!! I remember when you first posted about your wife's diagnosis and you shared with us the positivity messages you stuck each day to the mirror. I loved that. And I love how you always take interest in looking at the moon and the planets. You remind me of the kind of person I want to be. Strong, positive and present in the moment. So happy for you and your wife. That news has made my day.
And I'm having an awesome day already ..... But that news just made it even better.
I love Bruges. Seriously love it. It's amazing. And since arriving here I've had a bit of a spiritual awakening. Which is always nice. Last night we went out for dinner and as Bruges is famous for it's beer, my husband had a glass of local beer. The waiter spent ages talking him through the different choices of beer before my husband made his choice. I had a diet coke and we had a wonderful meal. Afterwards we felt tired after a day of travelling and sight seeing and so we headed back to our hotel where we watched a movie and fell asleep. This morning after a fantastic 9 hours sleep we headed downstairs where I had probably the best breakfast I have ever eaten. Belgium waffles. Divine. Then we headed out for a 4 hour walking tour of the city. So when did the spiritual awakening happen? Earlier today when I thought about my husband having one beer last night and then heading back to the hotel to sleep. And this led to me thinking how different this trip would be if I was drinking. Firstly, I never drank just one drink. Ever. I would have drunk a few glasses of wine in the restaurant and then I would have demanded we find a bar so I could continue. My husband would probably have said that he felt tired after a day of travelling and sight seeing and I would probably have called him boring and headed off to a bar. With drunkenness overriding my tiredness I would continue to drink until I approached oblivion and at some point I'd start picking fights with my husband and say things that never even cross my mind when sober. This morning after hours of broken sleep I would have been too sick and hungover to even face breakfast and the atmosphere between myself and my husband would be awful. I'd probably feel too ill to go on the walking tour so he'd leave me in the hotel room to explore the city alone. I'd then start to hate him for leaving me, surrender to self pity and wonder when I could start to drink. In a nutshell, it would be a very different trip.
When I first stopped drinking, I decided that alcohol was evil and I wished it could be obliterated off the face of the Earth. However, seeing the waiter talk last night with such pride about the local beers and seeing my husband drink one beer and one beer only makes me reassess. Why should moderate drinkers be deprived of the occasional glass of alcohol just because I'm an addict? Just because I'm unable to moderate my drinking doesn't mean I can't be more moderate in my thinking. Our tour today ended up with a tour round a brewery. At the end, everyone got to sample some beer. When it was offered to me, I politely declined and no one even seemed to notice. Standing in the historic brewery, surrounded by people sampling beer, I realised I felt completely at ease with absolutely no desire to drink. That feeling, for me, is the definition of freedom.
And guess what else Bruges is famous for? Chocolate!! I seriously love it here.
Love to everyone ❣️ and 24 more for me please xxx
Old 02-27-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I don't find alcohol evil either, have no desire for normies to have to suffer because of me....and gosh kent, awesome post girl....so happy you are having a lovely time and we need photos at the chocolate factory.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

24 needed at 1206 pm. Starting to come down with something

Goose, so pleased for you and your wife. That is extremely good news.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

9:25 am in CA. I'm in for 24!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

24 more please
Old 02-27-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

My pretty pink (one of three actually) crown of thorn plants are coming back to life....the most incredible thing about these flowers is that they grow out of each other....one becomes two becomes four becomes eight.....just the most amazing thing I have ever seen in the flower world.....I had a red one in Melbourne and I thought one of these was red...but all pink so far.

I am growing myself.....and I am watching the reflection in my plants....it is magic. ♥♥
Old 02-27-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Goose I am soooo happy for you, what beautiful, wonderful news ❤️

Fabulous post Kenton!

Yours too Suze, your beautiful flowers unfolding, paralleling a beautiful person’s life

24 more for me please
Old 02-27-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Iam here kids and beans a little worse for wear and tear. have a great Eddie Lee that has stepped in to keep me safe.. we have a great lawyer that sat down and screamed at a bunch of people.. we have the working video from the store and it shows so much..

why do we drink.. let me count the reasons why .

why do we not drink .. to show you the reasons why its not smart..

Iam in for another 24 and counting for more. if God is Willing..love ardy
Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thank you Willow darling....love you so very much.

Glad you are OK ish after the accident dear ardy.....gosh....what a big frightening situation....sending more love and so glad your husband is taking care of you.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:22 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like another day sober please.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Another 24 needed here, please.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hevyn I love your signature ❤️
“You are so much more than the worst thing you've ever done”. Fr. Greg Boyle
Old 02-27-2019, 02:58 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

24 please. 2300hrs from uk
Old 02-27-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Love and goodnight dear Paperbag
Old 02-27-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

A very late check in from me but I'll take another 24 anyway. Much love to you all. xx
Old 02-27-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Nite love.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

24 more please
Old 02-27-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

24 more for me please.

Sweet dreams and mornings.

Xx

Red