Notices

A Different Path Part 12

Old 12-06-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

I don’t care for shopping at all, either. I never frequent a Mall unless there is a Costco where I do ‘bulk’ shopping. Online shopping is wonderful.

Love to you, Kathy, and to the Gilmerites.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hoping Kathy and the Gilmerites are having a wonderful day!
It is great the young man you're writing to is enjoying the letters and the seminary papers. What a kind thing you're doing. ♥
I hope you're feeling well today and having a good day.
All my love, hugs, and prayers. xxoo
Old 12-06-2018, 10:28 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kathy, your papers sound so informative and interesting, I’m sure the young man will relish them...
.I always liked proverbs too, so many words of wisdom.xx
Old 12-06-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello k,
I was just reading down through the page and was going to suggest trying some antihistamines anti allergy molecules to help you sleep. Then I saw page 1 of 18. So I will say glad to be able to be back with you. Bisous. Vinny.
PS : gilmerites
​​​​
Old 12-06-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Mood gorning (here)Gilly. Another day of baked heat....hopefully no fires.

Seeing a struggling friend for coffee this am. Seems to be one of those 'seem incapable of getting and STAYING sober'. My friend tries, s I support, they also do not intentionally hurt others. All I can do is listen and be there- this person has a Master's degree, so has the smarts to understand- but like many of us...sigh/ I just know it is the right thing for me to do to support (besides- there is coffee here).
Old 12-06-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

You’re a good guy, PJ. Are you doing it out of your abundance, or is this a carefully-measured “must-not-isolate” day?

Either way, I’m sure your friend will be blessed. And it’ll be just that much longer that he doesn’t drink.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Kathy, , PJ it’s so sad what addiction can do to us.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I had some apprehension today. Every two Thursdays we host a church community group in our home. Traditionally I have liked the singing and the group discussion Q and A, but I never have been comfortable with the meet and greet for the first 45 minutes till the real discussion starts at 8.

It’s gotten harder for me to stand since the cancer has been ramping up. For the last two times I had my husband send me up snacks and text me when the meeting proper began!

Then today my husband excused me from the whole thing. No cleaning, no obligation to attend the meeting at all.

I greeted some people before he came downstairs, but only spent about ten minutes, then went upstairs.

It feels so good to be released from the commitment.

Now that I’m no longer involved in any kind of preparation, I have let go of resentment.

My husband still feels that he is called to lead these meetings and care for these families and singles. I have not felt called in awhile—I don’t know what it is, but I can hardly stand even going to church on Sundays. Not that I don’t love everybody—but I ‘ve turned into a perpetual Scrooge as far as my standard social life goes.

There for awhile I wanted my husband to give up community groups altogether and think of me (as if he doesn’t every waking minute!).

But tonight I am totally at peace. We had a great turnout. Everyone likes and respects my husband; he’s the kind of guy other guys can count on for solid advice.

Why on earth should he have to step down if his group still has confidence in him?

He has resisted having me totally step down to this point; but it has become impossible to avoid that I’m failing.

I thought it was just that I gained some weight between Thanksgiving and now—too much salty pub mix, too much summer sausage, salami, and cheese. I can hardly zip my coat, and I can’t even dream of shoehorning my ugly stepsister feet into my chic black boots.

On my left foot I can barely even flex my toes!

But though it’s true I’ve overeaten, I have suddenly developed real liver pain since Thanksgiving. I have sudden and severe shortness of breath. Edema is a common beginning symptom.

My husband has noticed a real downturn just between last week and today.

He has gotten super kindly and solicitous in seeing that I’m cared for. I am very grateful. I have to make sure I thank him enough and not take hostilities out on him.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Kathy,

You are so beautiful!
Old 12-06-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Tomorrow a friend from Florida (another friend from Florida!) will be at a ski resort nearby and will travel a couple hours to visit me.

She is the one that I parted rather badly from—neither of us was at our best—in 2011. She found out I was terminal and was frightened but eager to reconcile with me. I was very glad to reconcile with her, too.

But tomorrow is the big day. I’m nervous! I have to have something to offer her!

Maybe I can ask her to pick up a couple of Starbucks coffee with snacks.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Don't worry, Kathy. She will be so glad just to see you! Every thing else will fall into place. The superficial things don't matter. ♥♥♥
Old 12-06-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kathy, I'm sorry that you are feeling poorly. It's impressive to me that you are able to continue 'scanning' your day and deciding what you want to do and what you don't want to do. That's just as it should be.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I know you are having some challenging symptoms right now...but I think you are going to be able to continue to get on top of them.....one by one. Because you have strength and faith and love and all of the right medical care.....and us.

Goodnight honey.....oh, and something is on the way to you tomorrow..... ♥♥

Old 12-06-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Sleep well, love.
Prayers, love, and hugs. xxoo

Old 12-06-2018, 06:53 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys! I’ll be lovingly awaiting it, Suze!

Love the graphic!
Old 12-06-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Kathy how wonderful you are connecting with your friend's son and sending him all this material. It sounds very interesting as well as thought provoking. God is certainly using you to do good works and touch others.
I'm sorry you are feeling the pains and retaining fluid. Is there nothing the nurses can do for this? I have no idea if you could take Lasix or another med to help stop the water retention. I just read where another person had terrible edema due to cancer and she was taking something natural to help and it did for awhile. I can find out if you like.
Glad you feel comfortable going upstairs and allowing your husband to do his hosting. I do not find you to be a scrooge at all. I find you to be loving, kind and thoughtful.
I think your meeting with your friend will be a wonderful reunion.
Prayers for you to feel the love and peace of Jesus upon you tonight and you wake up feeling better. Love you Kathy! XO
Old 12-06-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Thanks, NAB.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

A little part of our loungeroom right now....

Old 12-06-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

As ever, your words show your acceptance and ways to find balance do you credit Gilly.

Abundance?
Humaning- not isolating?

Dunno- all I know is I wish some people were there when I crashed and burnt (actual and metaphorical). I will not rescue, or become a carer- but I will not abandon people- as I thought had happened to me (please note - 'I thought')
All I know is it is the right thing to do.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Suze, that room is beautiful!

I stand my ground, PJ: you are a really good guy!