Notices

Class of September 2018 Part Two

Old 11-15-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

I'm feeling really positive these days and thankfully no desire to return to the madness of drinking. My house mate has decided to move back home in April, and finding a replacement is going to be challenging. She doesn't drink and is kind-of a home body like me, which has been a great help for my sobriety. Good roommates are hard to find...better start looking early!!

Have a great day all, and stay strong, the holidays are coming
Old 11-15-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Great to hear about your positivity Wildflower. Thats great to hear.

I don't know what to say about your better half Final. I guess she may be scared and so its easier to deny the seriousness than embrace it? She'd find a few on here (me included!) who understood that

The picture is not from my patio, alas, it is the hill at one end of our village (a small town really) that overlooks the valley where I live. I walked up there yesterday because it was a nice evening.

I'm up early tomorrow and a full on day until 4pm, then I'm off to London with my family for the weekend. We're all staying together in a hotel room and have got various London-y things planned, I don't fear drinking as I'll have plenty of other stuff going on

Have a good day evening all
Old 11-15-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Sounds like a fun weekend ben. Enjoy.

I'm also feeling more positive lately. With the ups and downs of everyday life, it's manageable for me now. My head is clear to handle it all.

Roommates? That can be tough. Haven't gone through that in a long time. Of the many I had, there was only 1 that was a good fit. Good luck wildflower. Any chance to do it alone?
Old 11-15-2018, 08:58 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Morning all. Early start again...have a great day!
Old 11-15-2018, 10:42 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

A sober Bumboid on hitting up the dating scene! Watch out world....

Good luck mate, I can only imagine how much better and more attentive you will be sober than pissed up.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:27 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Good work mate. Knock em dead!!

what you describe is me - but in a long term relationship. I think that makes it worse 😥😥

Actually, You describes what I used to be like . No more!!
Old 11-16-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone....

Yea Finalround, I could do it alone. However, after many, many years of doing it alone I have decided that a good roommate is so much better!

I get to save the extra income for traveling or retirement
I have a built in pet sitter when I travel
I enjoy having someone to say "good morning" to
Sharing a meal from time to time keeps me from getting lonely
I like the feeling of knowing someone that I trust is there...

This is the second roommate I have had in the past 8 years, and both have proved to be valuable for my health and well-being. I will take my time and choose wisely! (without them, I would have fallen much further down the rabbit hole)

Today I am grateful for my roommate: She is kind and supportive, especially in my sobriety. She is proud of my accomplishments and helps me to believe that I can achieve great things!!

Have a blessed day
Old 11-16-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

8" of snow this morning. More appointments to make today than time to do them. Can't wait until the end of the day. Probably have to work tomorrow too. Ugh.

50 days sober though. Hooray for me.

Have a good time tonight and on your date Bumboid. I like your plan for a first day. Find out right away if their is a real connection. Enjoy.

Have a nice sober weekend everyone.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Excellent work on 50 days final. If you’re anything like me that was unthinkable even six months ago.

Ill provide a quick cautionary tale...I relapsed on 51 days in September. I was doing so well, not really thinking about drinking and BANG! I regret that so much, today could/should have been day 115. I put myself thru so much unneeded heart ache. It’s so hard to start again.

Dont do that final 👍 You don’t need that in your life.

Tomorrow I’m getting up leisurely, then sightseeing about London to include lots of food. I thought about drinking on the way up and played forward how that would ruin the weekend for all of us. Not me, not this weekend

Have a good weekend people, if I don’t check in as regular as normal for 58 hours fear ye not, I’ll iust be busy ❤️
Old 11-16-2018, 01:50 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-3-a.html (Class of September 2018 Part 3)

D