Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 388

Old 06-04-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 06-04-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hi all, I’ve been missing in action but I’m still completely sober. The last few weeks have been the toughest yet as my current treatment can’t be continued. I’ve had a lot of serious reactions to it, and although the docs have adjusted the dose etc, it’s causing cardiac problems. There are still other options out there but I’m having my 4th chemo round on Monday then no treatment until after my CT in early July.
I’m still hopeful and adjusting to the hand I’ve been dealt. Obviously my first priority are my beautiful boys
Thanks so much to suze for keeping me on the list, and I apologise to anyone whose messages I haven’t responded to on here or on fb messenger. I’ll try touching base properly soon x
It’s after Midnight here so I better try and get some sleep
Old 06-04-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

24 More is the Plan of the Day!

Feeling GREAT!

One Year and 6 months into my new lifestyle! Glad to be on today’s list with some fine folks!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Ok boys and girls....so here it is...4th June. Today is my 6 month anniversary!! Let's rattle those pots and pans Leigh...we need some cake.

. Congrats, soberista.

Cake is coming right up!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Hi all, I’ve been missing in action but I’m still completely sober. The last few weeks have been the toughest yet as my current treatment can’t be continued. I’ve had a lot of serious reactions to it, and although the docs have adjusted the dose etc, it’s causing cardiac problems. There are still other options out there but I’m having my 4th chemo round on Monday then no treatment until after my CT in early July.
I’m still hopeful and adjusting to the hand I’ve been dealt. Obviously my first priority are my beautiful boys
Thanks so much to suze for keeping me on the list, and I apologise to anyone whose messages I haven’t responded to on here or on fb messenger. I’ll try touching base properly soon x
More love my darling. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 06-04-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CeeFarro View Post
My husband just showed up after being MIA since Friday morning. No call or message all weekend and he’s still drunk. I wanted to drink a million times this weekend, but I didn’t. Thank goodness he leaves back to work in California in a few days. 30 days today and I’m not going to blow it over this. Trying to have compassion instead of anger. I know all too well how alcohol can come before everyone and everything that is important to me. It is hard to watch. Grateful for SR ❤️
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YCDT2 View Post
11:50 AM. Day 3.
You got this YCDT2!!!
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
More love my darling. ♥♥♥♥♥
I’ll catch up with you properly tomorrow maybe xx
Old 06-04-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
I am glad you are keeping hopeful Nicola- I have been thinking of you a lot and wondering how you were doing. Hope you get some rest tonight. So much love goes out to you right now and always...
Old 06-04-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

June 4, 2018

BrandNewDay11 ~ 1 week!
Free2bme888 ~ 1 week!
Snufkin ~ 3 weeks!
goodbyeevan ~ 3 months!
julietUK ~ 5 months!
soberista ~ 5 months!
quitter62 ~ 1 year & 6 months!!
SoberLeigh ~ 6 years & 6 months!!

Old 06-04-2018, 09:17 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
Good Morning friends,

24 hours for me, please.

I almost caved over the weekend and drank from a "F-IT" attitude. I didn't care then, but I knew I'd care later, and I spent most of the weekend just thinking about drinking, and not actually doing it.

Congrats to all our magnificent milestones today!

Have a great day, be safe.
Boy do I remember those weekends- It is so wonderful that you pushed through those feelings and thoughts and what I assume was fantasies about drinking. Each time you do this your sobriety muscles get even stronger. Really proud of you!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:17 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Time to celebrate our Milestoners!!!

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy, all!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goose333 View Post
Good morning all.
Sorry I haven't checked in lately. My life is crazy right now and I forget to do many things.

Today is the first day of treatment for my wife. It will last 6 weeks and we really don't know how bad the side-effects will be. What we do know is that at the other end she will be cured. So we will hold on to that fact while we endure.

Today's quote taped to the mirror...

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne

Today I need 24 please
6:13 am EDT
It's a big day for you and your wife Goose and I am wishing you ease and comfort and serenity through it all!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Hi hon. We are 5 months today. Its great, my life has changed so much in that short time. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Juliet
Old 06-04-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Question

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Thank you Venus!

Wow, amazing milestones - congrats everyone!
Congrats to YOU, Snuf!
Old 06-04-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CeeFarro View Post
My husband just showed up after being MIA since Friday morning. No call or message all weekend and he’s still drunk. I wanted to drink a million times this weekend, but I didn’t. Thank goodness he leaves back to work in California in a few days. 30 days today and I’m not going to blow it over this. Trying to have compassion instead of anger. I know all too well how alcohol can come before everyone and everything that is important to me. It is hard to watch. Grateful for SR ❤️
Wow, so much drama to have to deal with CF- I'm glad he's safe and home but I can only imagine the stress you felt and the mixed emotions you must be having now that he's back. It's really, truly, UTTERLY amazing that you stayed strong over the weekend and didn't drink. You really should be proud of yourself.

And finding that compassion is a huge deal- you inspire me a lot. As much as I talk about having compassion for others (especially our partners who can be quite triggering) it's my biggest challenge right now as well. The fact that you can see things from his side and from the side of the disease is really something else. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goose333 View Post
Good morning all.
Sorry I haven't checked in lately. My life is crazy right now and I forget to do many things.

Today is the first day of treatment for my wife. It will last 6 weeks and we really don't know how bad the side-effects will be. What we do know is that at the other end she will be cured. So we will hold on to that fact while we endure.

Today's quote taped to the mirror...

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne

Today I need 24 please
6:13 am EDT
(((((goose))))). Many thoughts and prayers for both of you.

That John Wayne quote is fabulous.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrandNewDay11 View Post
Good morning, Day 7 since my reboot and I'm so grateful for sobriety. Another 24 for me!
Well done, BrandNewDay
Old 06-04-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Sunflowerlife;6916790]Wow, so much drama to have to deal with CF- I'm glad he's safe and home but I can only imagine the stress you felt and the mixed emotions you must be having now that he's back. It's really, truly, UTTERLY amazing that you stayed strong over the weekend and didn't drink. You really should be proud of yourself.

And finding that compassion is a huge deal- you inspire me a lot. As much as I talk about having compassion for others (especially our partners who can be quite triggering) it's my biggest challenge right now as well. The fact that you can see things from his side and from the side of the disease is really something else. Thank you for sharing that with us.

[/QUOTE Trust me. I’m still angry but I also want to stay sober. Me making an attempt at the high road is completely self serving. I think all of this time out in the middle of nowhere with very slow internet has given be more time for introspection! Lol! Also, thank you for the kind words.❤️
Old 06-04-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Venuscat-

Thank you, and GM to all my sober friends!

Yes, today is day 7. (Last time for this milestone)

My daughter was a passenger in a car last night and was almost impaled by a tree limb-her boyfriend crashed the car.

After I completed my virgin (I didn’t have alcohol At a party for first time in YEARS)pizza party, I got the text to pick her up.

She’s ok.

Just I have s 35 year old daughter with brain injury who was almost killed 17 years ago. I can only have one brain injured kid per lifetime.😞

Def could have been a trigger.

I appreciate all of you and wish you a wonderful, peaceful, guilt free day😎

Free
Oh, Free, what a truly frightening experience. So glad that your daughter is okay.

Thank God for sobriety that you were able to be there and clear headed.

I am so sorry to hear about your older daughter. You have certainly had more than the usual parental challenges; you are a strong woman.