Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 335

Old 01-06-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Gearing up for my first parkrun! Happy sober Saturday everyone...I could never have done this whilst drinking

Blue ribbons for you today, Martina! Congrats and run with it!
Old 01-06-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Count me in, please.

Love to all

Leigh❤️
Old 01-06-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Be back later! ❤️
Old 01-06-2018, 06:23 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
God has given me 2 hands that have all 'green thumbs'!
Gardening is cheaper than therapy!
Absolutely! One of the best tools for depression. At least for me.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

6:18 am in California and checking in fir another 24. It is back to wo k for me today. I am attending g the final session if a Women in Leadership. It has been a great learning and networking experience, and I am glad my district sent me.

Tomorrow I am sleeping in a little, then church,nand then Hamilton! Then, Monday is back to a regular routine, I need to make sure to stick with my exercise routine from break, and need to add in strength training.

Congrats to all celebrating s milestone today, and also welcome to anyone new to the thread!!

Happy Saturday!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-06-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Checking in at 9:32 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
I will never make the same mistake again and in a strange way it has been a wake up call I needed...
I'm sorry the meeting was so stressful Neoo, but this statement right here is such a positive one. You are doing fantastic, just a few wwwks and you will be able to put this behind you, and continue to rock your sobriety.

❤️Delilah
Old 01-06-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I'm sorry the meeting was so stressful Neoo, but this statement right here is such a positive one. You are doing fantastic, just a few wwwks and you will be able to put this behind you, and continue to rock your sobriety.

❤️Delilah
Thank you Delilah think he was just making me understand how much worse it could have been...
Old 01-06-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Shutting down the day and really wishing I had made it through without yelling, tears and anxiety attacks.
We met with our new therapist the other day and he said something that stood out to me and made me feel better- I was talking about how I go through phases of being positive, spiritual and on the right track and he equated it to "tuning in to" a certain frequency which I totally agree with. Then when I mentioned my life long depression he said that when you are clinically depressed, it sometimes isn't your own hand that does the tuning. And all this time I beat myself up about my emotions, my reactions, the way I feel. I think it's time to accept that this isn't all my fault. Yes, I can choose happiness when that dial is tuned into the right frequency but there are days where I literally feel like I have no control over that.
Anyway, not sure why I wanted to share that. Maybe someone else out there will relate.
I spend a lot of time in our basement today, hiding out. And I haven't been "on track" with my eating for what feels like weeks. I am in a bad place emotionally and I just want to feel better than this.

But- I am sober. 8 months and 2 days sober and I will take that any day over numbing the anxiety and depression through the bottle.
Did he suggest anything for the depression Sunny?
Old 01-06-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I would like 24 more please on day 56

Thank you Sunflowerlife, Venuscat, and others for posting about the difficult times you have been going through. I'm sorry things have been rough for you, but sometimes its good to hear relatable stories like this, as I know I and I think many others share some of these experiences and when we hear others share the same things it helps us feel at home here

And yes, I think the vitamin D helps too. I was taking it pretty regularly and stopped taking it for a couple of weeks and noticed my mood drop. Since I started taking it regularly again the last week or so it feels like its been getting better. This time of year can be rough for many of us who live in the more northern places
Old 01-06-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

24 more for me and I hope you all have a sober and great Saturday.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
My Lord, but there's some real healing and mega recovery going on on this thread today.

I love you all.

We are so BRAVE to face all the fear and be doing it anyway.

I just feel such a rush of overwhelming love for you all right this minute.

I was thinking the same thing, this is an awesome place, no matter how we're feeling whether it be hi or low, The SR family is here for us. This is what it's all about, being here for each other and helping ourself and others in not only soberity but in life challenges
Old 01-06-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

And yes I'm all in for 24 more hours of sobriety
Old 01-06-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Checking in now

because tonight's gonna suck lol

Old 01-06-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WaterOx View Post
because tonight's gonna suck lol

How come WaterOx? For me Sundays nights when my daughter goes back with her mother is one of my biggest trigger days. I will need to keep myself busy and maybe just hang out on here to keep my mind busy.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

(((Donnie))) & (((WaterOx)))

Saturday nights can be really tough....stick close WaterOx.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Shutting down the day and really wishing I had made it through without yelling, tears and anxiety attacks.
We met with our new therapist the other day and he said something that stood out to me and made me feel better- I was talking about how I go through phases of being positive, spiritual and on the right track and he equated it to "tuning in to" a certain frequency which I totally agree with. Then when I mentioned my life long depression he said that when you are clinically depressed, it sometimes isn't your own hand that does the tuning. And all this time I beat myself up about my emotions, my reactions, the way I feel. I think it's time to accept that this isn't all my fault. Yes, I can choose happiness when that dial is tuned into the right frequency but there are days where I literally feel like I have no control over that.
Anyway, not sure why I wanted to share that. Maybe someone else out there will relate.
I spend a lot of time in our basement today, hiding out. And I haven't been "on track" with my eating for what feels like weeks. I am in a bad place emotionally and I just want to feel better than this.

But- I am sober. 8 months and 2 days sober and I will take that any day over numbing the anxiety and depression through the bottle.
Thank you for sharing I have depression anyway thanks
Old 01-06-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Good morning peeps

Ready for work. Last night went I was in bad the thought of drinking came to mind
For couple of minutes I entertained but but here I’m hangover free
Let’s keep going with another 24 hrs. More

Thought for the Day

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing. Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

Meditation for the Day

I will discipline myself. I will do this disciplining now. I will turn out all useless thoughts. I know that the goodness of my life is a necessary foundation for its usefulness. I will welcome this training, for without it, God cannot give me His power. I believe that this power is a mighty power when it is used in the right way.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may face and accept whatever discipline is necessary. I pray that I may be fit to receive God's power in my life.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles555 View Post
Thank you bandi.... and Jojo...and Suze... and everyone.
Perhaps I underestimated how much I need you all...??
Got complacent.... and narrow minded... I fully intend to embrace ALL beliefs and opinions. Love is all that matters.

Neoo...... get sending me those metal links !!!

All joking aside... love and strength to you all. xxxxxx
Hey Pebs, it's Kenton. I can't log in as Kenton anymore so now I'm called Starryskye, after my dog. Yes, my dog is called Starryskye... how his dog buddies, Rex, Toby and Max laugh.

I don't think there's anything narrow-minded about taking a stand and/or taking a break. We're all on the same journey but our paths are different and as long as we're staying sober, I reckon we're all moving in the right direction. Love you Pebs xxxx
Old 01-06-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starryskye View Post
Hey Pebs, it's Kenton. I can't log in as Kenton anymore so now I'm called Starryskye, after my dog. Yes, my dog is called Starryskye... how his dog buddies, Rex, Toby and Max laugh.

I don't think there's anything narrow-minded about taking a stand and/or taking a break. We're all on the same journey but our paths are different and as long as we're staying sober, I reckon we're all moving in the right direction. Love you Pebs xxxx
Hi Kenton or Starry good to see you...