Notices

Class of March 2016 part 62

Old 12-26-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Good afternoon everyone. Hubby let me sleep in this morning but holy cow did I have funky dreams, I had magic powers that a stole from some chick and she and her crazy mother were after me 😂 I stepped on broken glass and my big toe deflated like a balloon and a few others that are even more bizarre.

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas! I have a ton of laundry to do 😮 Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-26-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Have you been watching cartoons by any chance love?
Old 12-26-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hello day after boxing day peeps. Summer is definitely here today. A still, dry- baking heat. Keep posting 13 and Purp. Every one is important here.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Thank you all for putting up with my whining. More importantly, thank you for your kindness and help. I often feel undeserving but that probably has more to do with the drink than anything.

There is no magic, it’s all there for the taking and especially the doing. That is what I fail to grasp again and again.
Babe Ruth held the home run record in professional baseball for 34 years. His strikeouts were 1,330 for a career total. That was the Major League record for 30 years
Old 12-26-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Good morning lovelies. Congratulations on winning the non-aussie 26th December Casey. Winner winner chicken dinner. Love you guys.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hello friends ~ Thanks again for all your support.....having a lazy evening w/ some comfort food, hoping to get a good night's rest and be on a better track tomorrow....So glad to be here with you all

And if anyone is curious where I get my smartass attitude from, this is the Christmas card I got from my Dad.....

Inside the card says: "Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a new year filled with peace and happiness"

Then in Dad's handwriting: "Blah, blah, blah. Merry Stinkin' Christmas"

Old 12-26-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hola all! I hope everyone is recovering from the holidays, but I guess we have a week to go yet. Myself, I am eager to get back to the office just to get out the house if nothing else. I’m glad to see you guys didn’t leave us thirteenth and purps! Take care all!
Old 12-26-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hola Upstairs
Old 12-26-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Gonna' put on my PJ's and see if I can get to sleep early tonight. Gettin' up as late as I did this morning just ruined my daily schedule.

Nitey night friends. Thanks for keeping me sober today!
Old 12-26-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I'm gonna try to get some sleep too....

I've been going over in my head what happened Sunday.....I let myself get triggered by someone at work....on my way home I had decided to drink that night. There was no negotiating; my mind was made up. It's like I was just looking for an "excuse."

Anyway, Thanks again everyone for keeping me sober today....
Old 12-26-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Purp I have read that a relapse can have beginnings days or even weeks prior to the event. I have had relapses like the one you just had. No negotiating. Mind made up! I feel there had to be some things in the days past that lead to the relapse. Perhaps that's what happened in your case too!
Old 12-26-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Good night my favorite adult people. I just spent the evening with my favorite little people.

Have a great day/night.

You guys are awesome!
Old 12-26-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Goodnight sweetie....sleep well....off to bed here as well.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:33 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Re-Member

14 hours later, I'm home from work. Yuck. Glad I'm off tomorrow. I was initially going to pick up a shift tomorrow night but after today's long day, I cancelled that pickup. Thank goodness our managers had been too lazy to get online and approve it before then.

Going to put on my PJs and eat a piece of chocolate and maybe play a video game for a bit. Then I'm gonna sleep in. I don't WANT to win tomorrow's wakeup race and am going to be irked at myself if I do.

I didn't drink today. That's a good thing.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been going over in my head what happened Sunday.....I let myself get triggered by someone at work....on my way home I had decided to drink that Night. There was no negotiating; my mind was made up. It's like I was just looking for an "excuse."
maybe you can use what happened as a exercise in working out what else you could have done purps?

I don't think there's ever nothing we can do.

There will be times you'll be hit by a trigger. There'll be other times where you just want to drink and you';; convince yourself you don't care about the consequences.

A good plan - and a good support network - is about working out strategies to combat all those kinds of things. and stay sober.

D
Old 12-27-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Morning all. Had a really great Christmas and Boxing Day. I’m off now until Saturday so I guess today will be cleaning up and getting the house back to some normalcy. Meh.

Well I’ll be back later. I won’t be drinking today.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Morning all....may I say that -15 Celsius is very very challenging for this little Aussie cat. Lordy. God help me.

I am not going to drink today either. I can do anything sober, and I will. One step at a time. I will even learn to deal with the deep freeze....trying to work out how on earth I can keep my face warm outside short of wearing a balaclava.

I wanted to add something after reading Dee's post...

Not just triggers, not just wanting to drink and not caring about the consequences in that moment.....there is another scenario that I prepare for at this time of year. Nick tells me it isn't an issue here, but I beg to differ. I am very observant....

What am I talking about? Freebies.

In Aus, at this time of year, you walk into the supermarket and there might just be a lovely smiling elf (company rep) standing just inside the doorway of the bottle shop....which is right there when you walk into the 2 big supermarket chains....offering you lovely samples....

Would you like to try our new boutique beer?
May I offer you a taste of our exquisite new chardonnay?

Nick was shocked when I told him....he said it isn't legal here.
Well, technically they (the reps) have to stay inside of the bottle shop, but as long as the people they offer samples to are clearly of age they are fine.

Two Christmases ago I froze in place when I saw these far-too-attractive little home beer kegs....and of course it was supposed to be some new fantastic fangeld-dangled beer. I literally stood there and stared at it, found myself walking into the bottlo and contemplating....contemplating.....and then I came out of my daze.

Far out....that's all it might take. No intention, no craving, program in place and yet still...

So I am prepared. Even if it doesn't happen here. Maybe my neighbour will knock on the door and give me a bottle of champagne for new year and to thank me for the little gift I left him....who knows? How many of you received bottles of something for Christmas? These things can just hit us out of nowhere.

I go out at this time of year staying in contact with Nick or one of you.
Nick does the same...we make sure we are safe.

Sorry, what a diatribe....
Old 12-27-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Re-Member

My plan to sleep in did not work. Drats. Now I have a new plan to nap later.

I am sore all over from working so long yesterday. It's freezing here, supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow. (That's 800 degrees celsius for you Australian Canadians.) Gotta love that West Texas weather. I have my saluting finger ready.

About to make myself go to the grocery store for some essentials. Then I ain't leaving the house again today.

I will not take that first drink today. That way I don't have to worry about the second or third or tenth one.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

Hey PR, those were definitely some crazy dreams. I usually enjoy my dreams, but sometimes there is so much going on in them that I wake up totally exhausted! Ha. I've got a bunch of laundry to get caught up on as well.

V - That is very cold - yikes! I have seen freebies in a few places here in the U.S. - it might be a state-by-state thing. Definitely an obstacle, but if I don't go into the liquor store to begin with it won't be an issue!

Casey, heck of a shift - glad you have today off - hope you get a nap in.

Good morning Sam!

I'm a little sore today as well. I have been telling myself for the last few years that I need to get back into some kind of very modest running shape - just enough to complete a 5k in a not too embarrassing time. So yesterday I decided it's time to stop thinking about it and just start doing it - ran/walked 2.5k - it's a start! Just as important, I have a goal to work toward and help keep me away from the other bad things.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-27-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I have my fitness goal firmly in place again too MITA.
I have a rowing machine on the way that Nick and I are both really excited about...I prefer them to treadmills, and when it is above 0C I will walk.

I don't run. Nah uh.