Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 50

Old 01-10-2018, 07:43 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaneK View Post
24 more for one sober alcoholic in Houston.
You may want to repost in the 24 Hour thread, too, so that Suze catches your check-in!!!! ❤️
Old 01-11-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good day, Julyers! ❤️
Old 01-11-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers,
Bob, glad to hear your Father is doing ok after his procedure. You are a kind and thoughtful Son to be so attentive to his needs...

Hi Snooze, thanks for the sweet words and the update on Angie. You are a really good friend, and I know she appreciates you. You are definitely a very caring daughter too!

Hello Mags, Gilmer, Lovely Leigh, Suze, Nick, and everybody else my tired old brain can’t remember at the moment... I hate it when I can’t remember everyone!

All is quiet on the home front. I am praying DS2 doesn’t have a hard time finding a new job. He is really in shock about being let go..
I tell you Kids, you just never know what tomorrow will bring....

Looking forward to Spring. This Winter has been a hard one...a change is needed.
Love and support to each and every one of you.
Croutie
Old 01-11-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

((((Croutie))))
Old 01-11-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Bad turn of events: my tenant’s mom slipped on our stairs and has most likely broken her foot on her second day here!

She was in such pain that she couldn’t move at all, so my tenant called the ambulance to take her to the emergency room. She went with her in the ambulance, so I’m watching the kids. The little daughter was beside herself with grief at seeing her Nannie in such great pain.

I figured I’d divert them with popcorn, a special treat that is always a crowd pleaser. We first watched “Cars,” then “Frozen.”

Their mom had provided chicken stew and a baguette for dinner for the kids. They totally rejected the stew and wanted practically the whole baguette with butter! I did manage to get a banana into each of them.

Then my reinforcement came and I was relieved of duty.

Meanwhile, my friend from Sydney definitely has a broken foot and will certainly need a plaster cast—now the question is if she’ll require surgery!

What a miserable thing on her second day in the States!

Update: she does need surgery.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:42 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Administrator

oh what bad luck Gilmer.

D
Old 01-11-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

That's unfortunate Gilmer.
Your friend will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Oh no Gilmer love.
I hope they can put a walking brace on...sometimes they can.....praying that she is OK and that you are too love.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Thank you guys.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croutie View Post
Hi Julyers,
Bob, glad to hear your Father is doing ok after his procedure. You are a kind and thoughtful Son to be so attentive to his needs...

Hi Snooze, thanks for the sweet words and the update on Angie. You are a really good friend, and I know she appreciates you. You are definitely a very caring daughter too!

Hello Mags, Gilmer, Lovely Leigh, Suze, Nick, and everybody else my tired old brain can’t remember at the moment... I hate it when I can’t remember everyone!

All is quiet on the home front. I am praying DS2 doesn’t have a hard time finding a new job. He is really in shock about being let go..
I tell you Kids, you just never know what tomorrow will bring....

Looking forward to Spring. This Winter has been a hard one...a change is needed.
Love and support to each and every one of you.
Croutie
((((dear Croutie)))). Prayers your way.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Bad turn of events: my tenant’s mom slipped on our stairs and has most likely broken her foot on her second day here!

She was in such pain that she couldn’t move at all, so my tenant called the ambulance to take her to the emergency room. She went with her in the ambulance, so I’m watching the kids. The little daughter was beside herself with grief at seeing her Nannie in such great pain.

I figured I’d divert them with popcorn, a special treat that is always a crowd pleaser. We first watched “Cars,” then “Frozen.”

Their mom had provided chicken stew and a baguette for dinner for the kids. They totally rejected the stew and wanted practically the whole baguette with butter! I did manage to get a banana into each of them.

Then my reinforcement came and I was relieved of duty.

Meanwhile, my friend from Sydney definitely has a broken foot and will certainly need a plaster cast—now the question is if she’ll require surgery!

What a miserable thing on her second day in the States!

Update: she does need surgery.
Oh no! What an unfortunate thing to happen, Gilmer!

I hope that the surgery goes wells .

Prayers her way and your way, too. ❤️
Old 01-12-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

A lovely day/peaceful night to all! ❤️
Old 01-12-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Be back later!
Old 01-12-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

I visited with our guest today.

She was very frustrated with the treatment she got in our American emergency room.

She was in excruciating pain. The ambulance crew was extremely nice and competent, but it seemed that they got stuck at every red light between here and there, and the wait seemed interminable.

Also, she was appalled that the crew did not give her anything for pain. She said that in Oz first responders everywhere give injured people a “whistle” to swallow first thing, and it is just enough to relieve the pain until professional medical help arrives, at which time they give suffering patients all the pain relief they need.

Here, though, they are so paranoid about doctor shopping and prescription fraud with opioids that they deny humane help to those who are clearly in agony.

Not only did she have three broken bones, but she had dislocated her ankle. When they discovered this, they grabbed her leg and tried to wrench it back into joint—and she screamed and screamed and smacked them away from her. She has had four kids, and she says the pain was worse than labor!

Finally they gave her an IV for pain.

She has a metal brace on right now and is back here. She does have a prescription for codeine. They are just waiting for her swelling to go down, then they’ll take her in for surgery. She has been loaned a scooter to get around: she stands behind it and walks with her good leg, resting the other one on a cushioned “seat.”

She Is able to go up and down stairs by bouncing on her butt: the only assistance she needs is standing up at the top of the stairs.

She was in amazingly good and positive spirits today when I visited (though very disappointed in the American health care system). I told here about the opioid crisis here and the terror of law-abiding doctors of being prosecuted for overprescribing.

Now at least, though, her pain is being managed effectively.

I hope she sleeps well tonight. She really hasn’t rested well since she left Oz.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

I can’t imagine how you could swallow a whistle!

The American and Australian whistle must be two different things! When I think of “whistle,” I think of this:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-12-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Administrator

never used one but I can't see anyone swallowing them

https://www.techly.com.au/2015/05/16...t-sell-europe/
Old 01-12-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. Makes perfect sense now, LOL!

I guess she must have meant “inhale!”
Old 01-12-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Yes. but they don't always give pain meds straight away, especially if you are not a native of the country.....they tend to wait to let the doctor evaluate....any kind of meds at all could be on board that they don't know about....they mostly don't want to kill anybody.

I'm so sorry it was so awful for your friend....I've been in emergency here and although I had to prove I could pay, they were great. It's just different than Aus is all....different procedures, and that can be scary I think.

Hoping your friend continues to improve.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

She definitely said that the dislocation was the worst part!

How are you doing today, Suze?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I visited with our guest today.

She was very frustrated with the treatment she got in our American emergency room.

She was in excruciating pain. The ambulance crew was extremely nice and competent, but it seemed that they got stuck at every red light between here and there, and the wait seemed interminable.

Also, she was appalled that the crew did not give her anything for pain. She said that in Oz first responders everywhere give injured people a “whistle” to swallow first thing, and it is just enough to relieve the pain until professional medical help arrives, at which time they give suffering patients all the pain relief they need.

Here, though, they are so paranoid about doctor shopping and prescription fraud with opioids that they deny humane help to those who are clearly in agony.

Not only did she have three broken bones, but she had dislocated her ankle. When they discovered this, they grabbed her leg and tried to wrench it back into joint—and she screamed and screamed and smacked them away from her. She has had four kids, and she says the pain was worse than labor!

Finally they gave her an IV for pain.

She has a metal brace on right now and is back here. She does have a prescription for codeine. They are just waiting for her swelling to go down, then they’ll take her in for surgery. She has been loaned a scooter to get around: she stands behind it and walks with her good leg, resting the other one on a cushioned “seat.”

She Is able to go up and down stairs by bouncing on her butt: the only assistance she needs is standing up at the top of the stairs.

She was in amazingly good and positive spirits today when I visited (though very disappointed in the American health care system). I told here about the opioid crisis here and the terror of law-abiding doctors of being prosecuted for overprescribing.

Now at least, though, her pain is being managed effectively.

I hope she sleeps well tonight. She really hasn’t rested well since she left Oz.
I am sorry that your friend has had such a painful and difficult time, Gilmer.

Prayers continue.