Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 50

Old 12-25-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
And to you VC, hope you enjoyed your first Christmas in the U.S.. I find it all a little crazy. You celebrate the birth of your savior by becoming a crazy, rude lunatic and spending money on things people don't need and you can't afford, LOL. Tis the season!

Hope you and Nick got some nice, quiet time together.
That's exactly what we did...we spent most of the day with his boys yesterday and today we have just relaxed. I am actually still in my PJs as we sit here eating Chocolate pudding and ice cream. Nice huh? And thank you love. ♥

By the way my Aussie beauties....I ordered Green's self-saucing chocolate pudding online...couldn't get White Wings....I think Nick is in heaven right now....I have never seen anyone clean a dessert plate so fast. (Ok, bowl but it didn't sound as good ).
Old 12-26-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds delicious Suze.

Hiya Lulu,.

I had a restful day yesterday and today come to think of it. I’m totally relaxed.

I do wonder about all the madness we can get caught up in but, not being so well this holiday, I’ve took a step back and it’s nice.

Have a lovely day my friends.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful VC and Mags. I am still off work today, just woke up and the real temperature out is -1, wind chill is -23, I won't be leaving the house. Last year I was so drunk I had to call in to work all the way through New Years so this is an improvement! My dd seemed to enjoy her numerous gifts. She actually loved a few of them, said it was nice she didn't ever have to tell me what to get because I just know her. There was nothing she expected (except socks, underwear, Christmas PJs and Fanny May candy which are all tradition) but she seemed to really enjoy the rest. Didn't get a lot of time with her but made us a nice breakfast yesterday. Always feel badly for her, and every one, who has to work outside in this weather. Even too cold for my dogs and they are a Newfoundland and a half St. Bernard!

Hope every one has a great day.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

But you made them all cookies dear LuLu.
Do the dogs get any by the way?

It's the coldest temperature I have ever known right now and it is going to get way colder....I am afraid to be honest.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

My sore shoulder was fine as soon as I stopped chopping (though the burning fingers lasted a couple of days!).

It’s great to see you, LuLu! St. Bernard and Newfoundland are two of my favorite breeds! I would get either one in a heartbeat!
Old 12-26-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

VC, it will definitely get colder and I understand the scared part. You will survive, most likely hate it, but survive. The part I hate the most is the way it takes your breath away when you walk outside. The dogs do not get the human cookies but, trust me, they are spoiled. They got Christmas toys and special cookies and bones from The Barkery, I love that name.

Gilmer, glad the shoulder is feeling better. I am feeling better as well except for my back. Have a couple of herniated discs and all that standing, oh well, it will just take a few days. Newfs and St. Bernards are great. The Newf is a purebred and the St. Bernard is half St. Bernard and half collie. He is very '"special." The Newf is a giant, stubborn, love bug. She weighs in at 160 pounds. She's a Landseer so the black and white type. I love them dearly, walking them together can be a challenge. If they see a squirrel it's game over, 255 pounds of dogs charging is more than I can handle. Learned my lesson the hard way when I tried to hang on and ended up skitching on my stomach across the neighbors lawn. He still calls me twinkle toes, LOL.

Going to crawl in my nice warm bed and read for awhile, then probably nap.

Good day to all!
Old 12-26-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

OMG 160 pounds....lordy.....and both dogs at once? By yourself? My you must be strong love. I worked at a major animal shelter for years (The Lost Dogs' Home) and I saw a lot of very big dogs, but the dogs here are MUCH bigger....really...Snoozy love your eyes would pop out of your head. I need to start taking photos (of the dogs). I just cannot believe it.

Anyway.....I love dogs LuLu...yours sound wonderful. Especially the one that is 'special'. I had Border Collies....may as well have had kids.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

If I could figure out how to insert a picture I would post of the dogs. Also have a third one here some of the time which is the dd's. He is a pain in the butt!
Old 12-26-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

The French Bulldog in my avatar, Wilbur, died in October. We were all devastated.

My daughter had him cremated and buried most of his ashes in the mountains; but she reserved some and had them placed within a beautiful lamp glass bead for my sobriety bracelet.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I know honey....I am hoping there will be another little Wilbur puppy with your family soon.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Cold here as well. It's 9 deg out there.
The Sib husky in my avatar Leah had no issues with the cold. Miss that girl.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay warm everyone

D
Old 12-26-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Same temp here Bob....about to have a hot shower and go to bed.
Huge hugs for you and you too Dee. s

I made a silly meme.....

Old 12-26-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

for everyone ♥
Old 12-26-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Do your best

Popped in yesterday to see how everyone's christmas went but lost a post, so I hope everyone had a nice christmas
Old 12-27-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hello wolfie love and Happy New Year to you and Mrs wolfie...so much love. s ♥♥
Old 12-27-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I think I am going to end being one of those women who have stuffed animals everywhere...no....obviously the need for a real-life four paws is getting to me...this is my latest addition.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Feeling lazy. All I've done today is watch movies, stoke the stove and eat stuff I shouldn't. It's even too cold to go for a walk.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Feeling a little the same here Bob....well, a bit lazy and too cold to do anything so I have started moving....housework is good for that....I will probably end up running up and down the stairs about 20 times.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:03 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Do your best

Bit of ice & frost on the rooftops of houses today but a relatively mild start to winter -

Going out for a bit more sale shopping, between black friday, boxing day & january sales we have smashed the bargains

Spk later Julyers