Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 289

Old 09-03-2017, 09:13 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
I found that what is most important is to have faith in yourself. That takes time. Its like rebuilding a lego sculpture. Piece by piece, slowly and gradually you will get there. My view is that having an external faith or HP is designed to remove the obsession around alcohol and problems which overwhelm you. Its good to have but you cant force it ! I discovered an external faith about 3-4 months after getting sober. I didnt expect it. Be patient and let sobriety unfold a path for you. In the meanwhile, reach out for help such as SR. Always here to help.
Bump ♥

Guys ~ Pebbles, Neoo....we believe in you. Let us do that....all you need to do is not pick up a drink one day at a time.

As Kane said, faith comes....and feeling good comes.....all of it takes time. Time you guys deserve to give yourselves.

I promise that it's worth it. ♥♥
Old 09-03-2017, 09:17 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
(((Neoo)))
(((Jo)))
(((Kris)))

My husband was diagnosed with an untreatable disease and we've spent the better part of this summer worrying about the future. This disease will eventually kill him and from all accounts, the time before his death will be fairly awful. I've been wondering if I'm up to the task of caring for him while still maintaining my sobriety and working on my recovery. In my mind, the two are different. I can stay sober by not drinking but must continue to work on why I drank as part of my long term recovery.

Yesterday I prayed and prayed and prayed and then I gave it up to God. Today I woke with a sense of peace and calm. I can take off my cape. I don't have to save the world. Living one day at a time will get us through. From this thread I've learned that 24 hours at a time will do. Planning for the future is necessary....worrying about it is not.

So, 24 more grateful hours for me please! Hugs, peace, strength and love to all.....xxxx
I just love you so much bandi....
Old 09-03-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Pebbles and Neoo just remember that if you give and go back to using it will eventually kill you! I know this sounds pretty hollow coming from me considering that I'm only on day three or four but, I know from experience that it will kill you. I've seen a few people who died from either drinking or drugging. It wasn't a pretty sight. It wasn't a graceful death.

Post, shout, scream. Do whatever it takes. Just don't pick up. The two of you have come s long ways do, don't give it up. Please!
Bump ♥

Thank you for this post love.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:23 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by auxilio View Post
Checking in for day 2. I fell off last Tuesday and binged for 4 days. It comes like lightening. I can't have one drink. I never have been able to have one drink; ever since my first drink as a teenager, I could not stop drinking until I passed out. I believe this is the definition of an alcoholic.
Oh yeah. 100% true for me, that's for sure.
SO glad you are back with us love.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
I feel I shouldn't be here. Everyone has faith. Or believes in a higher power. I don't even believe in me.
Some days I want to send prayers to you all. But that would make me a hypocrite. Why is today such a struggle for us all ?? Xxxx I'll just send some love. Xxx P.
I certainly don't expect everyone to believe in a god or a Higher Power pebbles.

The wonderful thing about SR is we see there are many many ways up the mountain - your experience and your testimony are just as important as mine, or anyone elses

Both you and Neoo and anyone else reading this is a valued and important part of the SR family.

That membership doesn't come with conditions - although as a friend I hope to see both you guys recommitting to recovery as usual tomorrow

D
Old 09-03-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bandi - thanks for sharing that - incredibly powerful post that helped me today.

we're all in your corner

D
Old 09-03-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to you too Auxillio

New thread new start - come and join us
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-290-a.html

D