Notices

One Year & Over Part 49

Old 04-15-2017, 12:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Magsie

I'm not surprised! I sometimes wish we could live by our own body clocks, instead of the system we live in. Go to sleep when it's dark, wake up when it's light and so on. I guess that's a bit antiquated these days with all the technology we are forced to live by. X

You must be due to go back very soon Suze.x
Old 04-15-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Tomorrow morning love.
Plane leaves just after 9am.
Watching Criminal Minds and then a quick pack and an early night.

I know this sounds weird after such a short time, but I want to get home to Nick.
We had a month to make our home lovely, go through some really tough stuff and then work our way into our life together....I am kind of amazed at how well we did. I fell down, Nick fell down, but in the end we made sure that we were standing together. Corny but true.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Quick hello to say what great news Andy. Will come back later when I've more time
Old 04-15-2017, 12:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Suze- the criminal minds guys- I watch that. The experts flying around in a leer jet- quoting wise things from dead people to each other.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs family.

Lovely sunny morning here, Happy Egster to everyone.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ghosting an O-L-D movie- ;'Written in the Wind' with Rock H and Lauren B. The chief from Get Smart is there too. I am not sure- but I think Rock is hiding a dark secret....
Old 04-15-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

LOL PJ ~ you crack me up.

Enjoy....watching more Criminal Minds here. I really want to watch Scandal, but Nick loves it now as well, so I am saving the latest episode for us to watch together when I get home.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Suze- it is okay, everything is alright. Rock (steady as0 was implied in the feath of a wealthy oilman. BUT the oilman WAS AN ALCOHOLIC! Case closed. Rock as we live- is driving into the celluloid sunset in his open top caddy with his dame (?).- while the sister of the deceased strokes the model of an oil rig.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a great weekend, gang!
Old 04-15-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Plan to check in later - gotta run!

Old 04-15-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Have a good day, Sass!
Old 04-15-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

How you doin', g?
Old 04-15-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Andy--GOOD GOOD GOOD. So happy for you.

It's a drizzly West Coast morning, complete with clouds drifting over the mountains, fog and blossoms everywhere smelling amazing. I just went for a little jog in my new neighbourhood and it's pretty great, it's so quiet and pretty, it's really a nice spot on the top of a mountain overlooking the water and a great view of the mountains. Also it's cherry blossom time in Vancouver which is pretty special, people come from all over the world to see it, check it out:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=vanco...w=1205&bih=642

Mags, there is a little town in BC called Revelstoke which I swear is like your granddad's Cleethorpe, it has the BEST air, better than anywhere else I've been. It must be that particular forest and that particular altitude....or I could just be crazy.
SW I must say that sometimes your UK accent comes through in your writing and it is so charming. Makes me smile every time.
On that subject, Mags--"he's a one," I love it. My grandpa was a "one", too.
PJ, I didn't know what POETS day was either, until I think Sassy started saying it on this thread! I thought for awhile it was some kind of poet's holiday! Did you know that when you wrote that poem back there? Ha.
Aries, yes breathe! I had a moment this morning when I realized that the fact that I just decided to move somewhere, chose a place and had the freedom and money to move myself there with really no consequences, AND I just bought myself a new CAR, and as a WOMAN no less.....I am basically living in Luxury Paradise Fantasyland in the eyes of much of the world. So maybe think about that when I'm whining whining whining.
On that note, have a lovely Saturday. I'm going to Easter brunch at my brother's in a bit. I'm taking a fruit salad.
Oh, garden gurus I need help! I want to plant herbs and wildflowers. What is the difference between planting seeds as opposed to planting little seedlings? And can herbs and flowers grow together?
Old 04-15-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fruit salad sounds yummy IP & Thank you x Hope you have a great time
Old 04-15-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

IP...seeds versus seedlings...the big differences are time and failure rate, depending on the plant and your weather. If you have a run of wet cold weather most seeds won't germinate, but little seedlings are pretty vulnerable, too. But if seedlings survive, you'll have actual plants and flowers a couple of months faster.

I've never had any cross-pollination problems with herbs and flowers. Just don't plant squash and cucumbers too close together...I had inedible mutants as a result!

I envy you...we won't be in planting mode for a year and I've so missed the gardening climate here in the PNW!
Old 04-15-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy Easter to anyone celebrating it

Im off to bed been reading my new Oliver Sacks book (The Mind's Eye)

Mags did you see BGT there was an act called DNA I was trying to figure out how they done it & the best theory I think is Hand Signals & Morse Code ?

I like how they nicked the change clothes trick from Apollo Robbins Ted Talk

Sorry if this makes no sense

Goodnight all
Old 04-15-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning
Old 04-15-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad that you finally got some good news Andy!

Safe travels back to the US Suze.

Aries, sorry the moving adventure has become such an adventure! Good job staying sober with all of the stress moving entails.

Happy Easter to those that celebrate.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Wolfie, yes I watched it. I think DNA used specifics words, very clever and their shirts that changed colour, heat change. Did you notice that one of them had to look at what the judges wrote, then gave their 'message' to the other one. Very convincing though. I didn't see the Ted talk, Apollo Robbins, will have to watch it, though I have a mug that changes colour slowly when you add hot water. Lol

Nice morning so far in north Lincolnshire though reports of rain to come.

Have a good day overs.x
Old 04-16-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

HI
I think your Winnie the pooh (in your signature) is guilty of "overthinking" .... happy easter.