21. Purplrks3647
22. Samantha14
23. SpaceGoat
24. Thirteenth
25. Upstairs

Old 04-11-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Afternoon check in....

My AV has been whispering today so I am staying close. I spent 3 hours paying bills (YUCK) so that was probably my trigger. BLAH!

PR: I am glad you are starting to feel better! My oldest son is sick right now and my daughter was sick last week. I am hoping it doesnt hit me! Hmmmm.....Easter.....I will probably just do a few gift cards (I have 3 teenagers), some candy, gum etc. Nothing fancy. Funny about your labor dream. I have had a TON of dreams like that! If my dreams were real life I would have 25 children! haha. Yeah...and WHERE IS KAYAK? Has anyone sent him a PM?

Bobbie: Thanks for the updated list. I had a few people you didn't have and you had a few I didn't have. I agree on the $150! WOW! Crazy!!! And I do NOT remember the toilet discussion. Enlighten me!

Upstairs: Hola! 400 days!!! Holy cow! How do you feel?

AppleKat: Did you spend $150.00 per basket too?

Purp: Enjoy your picnic! It was gorgeous here over the weekend and now it's cloudy and rainy. I love your motivational quote!

Well.....Gotta head to my kids track meet. See you all later!
Old 04-11-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Wow Phoenix. I just read your post. You are one of the STRONGEST people I have ever encountered in my life! I am praying for you and you should seriously write a book! I would buy it for sure!

Love you!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Phoenix - you give so much to the people here on SR, I see your posts of support in many threads.
Let us give back to you
Old 04-11-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Kiki I most definitely did NOT spend that on Easter baskets. Dollar store and Target $1 spot. Stick close!!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Kayak's last post was in January and he was still going strong.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

Am I missing anyone???

Day 33
Mish hasn't checked in this class since I've been back but she's been pretty active in the March 17 thread. Once a March 16er, always a March 16er--right?

Congrats on 400 days, Upstairs! Very inspiring.

Big ups on 40 days, Ladybug2!

On a short break from work, heading back in a few. Eating my new favorite grilled cheese sandwich now--extra sharp cheddar and havarti on sourdough with three different kinds of pickles on the side.

Watched the new season premiere of Better Call Saul before work this morning. Amazing as always.

Good morning, Aussies!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I took my kids to see the easter bunny. There was a little girl there who saw the bunny, screamed at the top of her lungs and ran for the door. It was absolutely hilarious!
Old 04-11-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Once a March 16er, always a March 16er--right?
Absolutely! I didn't mean to leave her off. And Caramel. Sorry about that. I took my list from a post I had made a little bit ago.

You can't leave us even if you want to!
Old 04-11-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

hello Marchites. Thankyou each and every for the support- it means a lot to me.
The lists is a great thing to do. The fact we all turn up here- and just post stuff. Like a 24/7 meeting. In some ways more realistic. People at meetings tend to summarise- or launch into histories. SMART meeting focus on the here and now- but SR peoples write about big and little stuff. Like Lego Ringo- sheesh, mind probably sings better. Or stress at the kid's sports event. The small stuff- which we deal with all the time- that lead into big stuff.
The important stuff- our sobriety- connected with life- families, self esteem blah.
B- yesterday was a KRAP agenda day. If we all live on a yellow submarine- I can see you with Charlie's Angel hair, captain's cap pushed up for effect, shouting out 'you have the con!'
What is next gentle souls- Lego crucifixion and nativity sets?
A not such a bad idea could be world leader lego sets- where lego Jesus tells them all to stop being arseholes and play nice.
Have to go and make another call to THAT govt agency soon, which I predict will mean a hour waiting. 0708 Wed here- winter is coming.

Jeez- doctors being dragged off friendly skies flights because staff need a seat? You could not make that stuff up.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Yeah kicking him off the flight was pretty ridiculous but his behavior was even more ridiculous. I read today that he got caught trading sex for prescriptions ewwww

I seem to have misplaced my motivation, if anyone finds it please send it back. Hmmm I wonder if my husband would object to almond butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner
Old 04-11-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I remember the toilet water discussion! haha

Phoenix I hope things get easier for you soon, I really do think you're amazing.

Easter basket guys - my parents were the best at magic on a budget. when I was a kid some of my friends got bikes and games and stuff, it was crazy! but I have magical memories of easter, no one in the family is religious so no church or anything, but I'd wake up to a trail of mini eggs leading out from my room all around the house and garden, and at the end of little trails would be bigger eggs hidden in bushes or behind the couch. I remember loving it more than my birthday, and I know my parents didn't spend that much - just cheap chocolate from the dollar store and a cute basket I used every year. I always ended up with too much chocolate and I didn't have the biggest sweet tooth so I'd just share it at school I think. It was just so much fun though. Thanks for the reminder, I love those memories!

PR your description of the kid screaming at the easter bunny just made me snort
Old 04-11-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

PJ - thank you for continuing to share your journey with us. Your never give up-ness has surely kept others going around SR. I hope you find as much support here as you give. Because you give A LOT.

Upstairs - congrats on 400!! Great milestone.

LB - keep kicking AV's butt!

AK - I hear you on gifting on every single freaking holiday. I know people that gift their kids for St. Patty's Day, and Valentine's Day too. With Christmas in December, and DD's birthday in February, that would be four straight month's of gifts. Not going to happen. I try to keep her Easter Basket simple...some chocolate, jelly beans, maybe a movie and a stuffed animal. And I try to keep the candy to a minimum (her dad makes up for my skimping).

DD is feeling better today. After I gave her some fever reducer last night her fever started to come down. Was 102.5 overnight and has bounced between 99 and 100.6 today. She woke up at 2 am crying hysterically from a dream that she was in a car accident and all of her friends were killed. I'm blaming the fever. She had trouble going back to sleep so I had a not so good night too. I kept her home today and remoted in to my work computer (isn't technology cool?). Bit of a stressful day on the work front, especially since I decided to take most of yesterday off of work. I was foolishly thinking one day wouldn't make a big difference, but when it's one thing after another, it can pile up quickly. The work stress today woke up the toddler version of AV who started throwing a tantrum. I went to the store for some things, but ignored the liquor aisle. Felt tempted briefly, but I'm too dang tired to even consider drinking and being hungover on top of the work stress I know will await me tomorrow. A good night's sleep is all that I really need.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Aw, PhoenixJ...I'm sad that you're sad. I wish I could I give you a hug.
It's a bad day, not a bad life. You have a bright future. One minute at a time. Can you put on some cozy pajamas and climb into bed and rest, listen to calming music, have some tea? I'm sorry for your difficult day.

Thanks for the updated lists, ladies!

Congrats on 400 days Upstairs!

Have a good time on your vacation, AK

I hope everyone's kiddos start feeling better. Mine is actually healthy right now, amazing! (Hope it didn't jinx us)

Much love to you all!

AL
Old 04-11-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

My apologies for not posting today! I've been here. Well in and out. I've been so absorbed with my new hobby. Got a lot accomplished today. Mostly learning!!! LOL
Old 04-11-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

AL- PJ has changed out of PJ's 9I have been waiting for that one). 0915 Wed, here. Beautiful autumn day.

PR- motivation sent. Imagine what social media would do to anyone at random if something goes viral like that doctor thing. No stone unturned in pursuit of the hype.

Just spent the last hour dealing with faceless govt men. Everything from confirm my identity with voice recognition- to verify my address, to confirm my ID- because they need to check if my address has been confirmed. That a bit of vital paperwork I sent 4 times (which they said I have yet to provide) had been found- along with the week ago sent email from me about where they put the vital paper work. Only 2 of the 4 sent.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Immri thanks for the sweet Easter memories!

PJ you're right the small stuff can steamroll into bigger stuff. I'm glad we have a safe place to talk about it all. All different phases of our lives, wisdom to share.

CH technology is pretty awesome and I totally would have let my kiddo stay home after that night, boo!

AL fingers crossed you didn't jinx anything! (I always do that!)

I think the United situation is just awful! Poor guy. And now getting his past dragged into it.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hello, darlings! Still here, thank goodness!

PR are you on Pinterest? I've been on there lately & it helps a lot if you're looking for motivational quotes.

Trying not to focus on frustrations from my jobs, but instead use it as a motivator to create my own path. If I get too comfortable it'll never happen, right?!?

Where do we go when we just don't know
And how do we relight the flame when it's cold
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing
And when will we learn to control

("Serenity" by Godsmack)
Old 04-11-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Oh yeah PJ silly me, how did I forget you're just beginning Wednesday! Lol. Well I'm glad PJ has gotten out of his PJs and into some clothes
Old 04-11-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Nitey night Marchers. It's BBT time.

Thanks for keeping me sober today!