Cheers for Venuscat Part Two

Old 04-13-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Goodnight Leigh
Nite-nite, dear Goat.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi Suze: It's past two A.M. on a Friday morning and I still can't get to sleep, even using temporary sleep aids prescribed by my doctor.For awhile I thought the medications I take might be accounting for my nightmares recently but doubt this since on previous occasions over many years when I have followed his advice I have had no nightmares and, needless to say, no dependency. I would always reject any dose increases.
So I figure my nightmares, which have been several and severely upsetting in recent times, are anxiety related, primarily to my wife's possible cancer and occasional confusion which,I hope,does not suggest developing dementia. I do so much admire the heroic help you gave your mom over a two year period.Shows how tough you are!
My thoughts are with you for a safe trip back to your welcoming new home. America is proud and privileged to have folks like Nick and you!

Fondly- Forever!

Bill and Boswell
Old 04-14-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

How are you two lovebirds today?
Old 04-14-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

We are both smiling because I just did the online check-in for the long flight from Melbourne to LA tomorrow....it feels good to be able to see the piece of paper confirming that I am on that flight.

Interestingly, I woke up on Thursday morning knowing something was wrong....I had booked my seat on the flight, and actually paid for a better seat ages ago, and I just knew something was wrong. Qantas have had a few issues in the past week, two planes hit by lightning and a near-stall which injured 15 odd people (not sure how ~ they were still in the air). Anyway, it would appear that they have had to make some changes (the flight attendants were telling me this the other day), as some of their planes are not currently available.

So, what happened was the seat I booked no longer existed (different type of plane, I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true. Ask Nick, we both were pretty surprised by all of this, but could see on the seat diagram that the options had completely changed).

I got lucky ~ there was one decent seat left for me to upgrade to. I literally got the last good seat on the plane. Otherwise tomorrow would have been horrendous. I cannot do the sardine thing for such a long flight.

Too much information?

Love to all of you, and thank you so much for caring. ♥
Old 04-14-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
We are both smiling because I just did the online check-in for the long flight from Melbourne to LA tomorrow....it feels good to be able to see the piece of paper confirming that I am on that flight.

Interestingly, I woke up on Thursday morning knowing something was wrong....I had booked my seat on the flight, and actually paid for a better seat ages ago, and I just knew something was wrong. Qantas have had a few issues in the past week, two planes hit by lightning and a near-stall which injured 15 odd people (not sure how ~ they were still in the air). Anyway, it would appear that they have had to make some changes (the flight attendants were telling me this the other day), as some of their planes are not currently available.

So, what happened was the seat I booked no longer existed (different type of plane, I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true. Ask Nick, we both were pretty surprised by all of this, but could see on the seat diagram that the options had completely changed).

I got lucky ~ there was one decent seat left for me to upgrade to. I literally got the last good seat on the plane. Otherwise tomorrow would have been horrendous. I cannot do the sardine thing for such a long flight.

Too much information?

Love to all of you, and thank you so much for caring. ♥
So happy to hear that you were able to upgrade your seat, Suze.

Thank goodness

I've done that sardine seating on trans-Atlantic flights and it's beyond miserable.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Suze & Nick, I've just been catching up on your posts and I am so, so glad that you are both doing an awesome job with this relationship stuff.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hey Suze:I was just thinking of you as I have been all day. So glad you got the upgrade. I pray that you may have a safe and comfortable journey. Incidentally, while waiting for the plane or on it, if you can get on SR there is a very fine thread by sober wolf on use of language with a few disruptive and hopefully outrageous comments by yours truly. Easy does it and the best way to get over the bumps is to have a hoot now and then. Take care, bloke, mate, etc.

Fondly,

Bill.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Suze, glad you got the last good seat. It won't be long now til you and Nick are together again.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Safe travels, sweet Suze. You will soon, and once again, fall into Love's arms.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hey Suze!: I just put up another post on Soberwolf's thread. I've got to stop doing this. Like the bloke who wrote with lipstick on the mirror "Stop me before I kill again!" Seriously with your vegetarian sympathies I think you would be immensely entertained by viewing the movie, "The Road to Wellville" An incredibly funny satire of the Kellogg Health Sanitarium (Battle Creek, Michigan) popular at the close of the Victorian period. The Fletcherites would somehow manage to sing their theme song while Fletcherizing:"Chew! Chew! Chew! That is the Thing We Do!" Maybe you can download the movie on your iPad during the flight and also get Nick to Fletcherize a bit after you land. Teach Willow to Fletcherize! Fletcher said chew each mouthful 100 times before swallowing. Thus he was called "The Great Masticator"!

Thinking of You! Chew! Chew! Chew!

Bill. (That's Who) (No I'm not drunk!)
Old 04-14-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Suze,

Glad you got the upgraded seat. Makes all the difference!
Old 04-14-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hey Suze!
Guess you'll be starting on your way back HOME in only a few hours. You're going to make it back O.K. and we all admire you so much for your strength, stamina and courage, your love for Nick (the lucky bloke!) and all our admiration to him for his love for you, making you so happy. . All the happiness and good fortune in the world to you both.
Bon Voyage!

Fondly, forever

Bill and Boswell.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:01 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Suze & Nick, I've just been catching up on your posts and I am so, so glad that you are both doing an awesome job with this relationship stuff.
Thank you so much dearest Anna.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Not leaving until tomorrow morning Bill.
It's 3pm here at the moment.

Not sure if I can get on SR at the airport: I usually can't for some reason, even if I have internet. I will try though.

Huge hugs. ♥
Old 04-14-2017, 10:53 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Not leaving until tomorrow morning Bill.
It's 3pm here at the moment.

Not sure if I can get on SR at the airport: I usually can't for some reason, even if I have internet. I will try though.

Huge hugs. ♥
Am confused. It's 3:00 p.m. your time and it's now Saturday your time. By "leaving tomorrow" does that mean then that you don't leave on Saturday your time but on Sunday, Easter Day, your time. That happens to be Easter the 16th in the U.S. I had been informed that you were leaving on the 15th (your Saturday) and arriving a little after 5: 00 p.m. on our (Columbus) Easter afternoon. You might clarify this simply by saying whether you will be arriving in Columbus on Easter afternoon (Columbus Easter) or whether your arrival will be delayed until Columbus Monday.
As you know, I'm an old geezer staggering and lurching towards dementia. R.S.V.P. before I "cease upon the midnight with no pain" (actually I missed that deadline by nearly two hours!) Perhaps we may meet before I find myself in "grave" difficulty (weird joke! Sorry! (as the Brits say))

Geezer
Old 04-14-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Leaving here 9 or 9.30 Sunday morning Bill. 7.30pm Saturday for you.
And I will be home around 5.30pm Sunday. Very glad about that.

There is a goat I need to cuddle.
Leaving tomorrow Bill ~ the 16th. ♥

I leave and get home on the same day date-wise....
Old 04-15-2017, 12:03 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Leaving tomorrow Bill ~ the 16th. ♥

I leave and get home on the same day date-wise....
A thousand thanks! May you and Nick live forever and have ten thousand camels! I was beginning to lose my grip (easy to do at my age!) and had been speculating that your travel plans might be described in Churchillian terms: " A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma" Do see if you can download that movie,"The Road to Wellville". A veggie like you would find it a real hoot. I have been trying to persuade my ex horse show judge and former faculty colleague down on Maryland's Eastern Shore to view it but she says she has no time for TV because she has to muck out all the horse stalls.I sympathized since law teaching was rather like that.except that the muck came from bulls.
Interesting how that Churchillian quote describes so well the current state of the Moscow and Washington "Corridors of Power". "God [help] us all" said Tiny Tim"
So when you fly, hunker down in that upgraded seat, get two handsome "blokes" to chat with you but behave with dignity, as I am sure you will. If they get out of line fend them off with Polish/Russo tenacity. For thirst try tomato juice with Worcester Sauce and Tabasco. Kosher veggie food if they have it (even an infidel like I could indulge).

Bon Voyage! BonAppetit! etc. etc.

Bill (Slave of Boswell)
Old 04-15-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Hope that your flight is going well, sweet Suze.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
orangutan

Have a safe and comfortable trip Suze.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Just got on the plane
Won't be taking off for a bit.

The staff are wearing bunny ears.
Too funny.

Talk to you all when I get to the other side. ♡