Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 01-18-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mentium View Post
Late in the evening of day 7 here. Sat on my bed with my feet up earlier and started to read a magazine article. Read it properly from beginning to end and realised at the end of it that it was the longest I have concentrated on one thing since quitting! Have been restless, bored and lacking concentration up until this evening and it goes without saying I was agitated and restless while drinking.

Small victories!
That's awesome! I can totally relate to the restlessness when drinking. It's nice to just "be" isn't it?
Old 01-18-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Having a snack instead of beer.... one tiny step at a time...
I didnt drink today...... but I did eat three piece of cake......
Old 01-18-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Decided to take the day off, feeling better now. Was a bit depressed, coffee and some relaxation is what I need.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, Just checking in on my 14 day mark. Glad to be in such good company.

I've been going pretty strong with the help of these forums and having the help of my family with relaxing nights of lighthearted television and home cooked meals every night after work.

My biggest setback has been anxiety, which has been crippling at times. Mostly related to when I went to my doctor two weeks ago to get his support in seeking sobriety, and my lab results all came back pefectly normal with the exception of a high liver enzyme result.

In the past I've just drank to quell the anxiety of medical issues and even this anxiety makes me want to drink, even though drinking is almost certainly what caused the hot lab tests anyway.. alcoholism is literal insanity... ugh
Old 01-18-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RealSLC12 View Post
In the past I've just drank to quell the anxiety of medical issues and even this anxiety makes me want to drink, even though drinking is almost certainly what caused the hot lab tests anyway.. alcoholism is literal insanity... ugh
If this isn't the perfect definition of alcoholism right here...

Congrats on 14 days!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Didn't make it to a meeting today for the first time since starting. My co-worker that covers lunches with me was out sick so I couldn't do a daytime meeting and I didn't have a plan for my kids after work so couldn't do an evening meeting either. I'm really wanting to do 90 in 90 while reminding myself that life happens and I can't control it.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really proud of you guys - hang in there - it gets better

D
Old 01-18-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Just finished dinner on the evening of day 12. Today was really draining at work - it was one of those days where I barely got time to eat and barely had time all day to do anything but concentrate on one task after the next. Somehow though I never developed cravings which was surprising in a very good way. I'm feeling very grateful about that!

Anyway I just wanted to drop in real quick to give you all a big hug before I go veg out for the rest of the evening. Hang in there folks!
Old 01-18-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Lunch time day 2, ffs my patience has been tested today. Ive got to apprentice electricians here today doing sfa. Arraah
Old 01-18-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Entering day 4, it`s a bit over 5 in the morning where i am.. I tried to kill myself while being heavily drunk during sunday afternoon.. I went to a friends house and she took me in at let me sleep it off and so, when I woke up monday morning, I knew it was time for me to quit drinking again... This time I feel more motivated than ever cause I know it can cost my life if I don`t..
Old 01-18-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dontburntheday View Post
Didn't make it to a meeting today for the first time since starting. My co-worker that covers lunches with me was out sick so I couldn't do a daytime meeting and I didn't have a plan for my kids after work so couldn't do an evening meeting either. I'm really wanting to do 90 in 90 while reminding myself that life happens and I can't control it.
I don't use AA, but I believe they have online meetings as well. Maybe that can be a good resource for you.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

week3. One more morning waking up sober. I have a great deal of personal stuff to contend with over the next few days. Very thankful to be on this journey with you all as my new extra strength will be in great demand. Ready for the challenge.
In this short time I have come from a very dark place to somewhere happier and with hope.
Marker, you can do this. I hope you have more than only this forum to help you. One day of good decisions at a time. You seems to be on the right track. Others. with more experience than I, may be able to suggest resources to help you.

Have a happy, safe and sober day, classmates. Thank you for your honest postings. Good luck to us all for the next 24hrs.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Goodnight. But restless but I'll be good. Bed soon.
I don't want the anxiety or the fear feeling
Old 01-18-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Day 8. Sleeping reasonably well, head clearer. Happy to be here!
Old 01-18-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

4pm day 2 going OK. Little bit bummed out but meh.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Recovering

Morning of day 20. Yesterday was really hard. But today is a new day. One day at a time. Hoping for an easier day though!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:41 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Heading to bed sober. Yesssssss!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Checking in for the end of day 5.. I feel pretty good.. I was able to drop my partner off at 8pm to pick up a car, this has to be like the 1st time in since i cant remember when that I have been able to drive at that time of night..i wont have more than 1 drink and drive ever..so an acomplishment to be sober to drive at night..
Enjoy the rest of your thursday peeps..down here in NZ at the start of the time zone its bed time..
Old 01-19-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Recovering

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Checking in for the end of day 5.. I feel pretty good.. I was able to drop my partner off at 8pm to pick up a car, this has to be like the 1st time in since i cant remember when that I have been able to drive at that time of night..i wont have more than 1 drink and drive ever..so an acomplishment to be sober to drive at night..
Enjoy the rest of your thursday peeps..down here in NZ at the start of the time zone its bed time..
Hi Red

Just checking - you're not saying you think you might have 1 drink are you? That's perfectly OK for lots of people, but for most of us here that leads down a path we know all too well.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
Hi Red

Just checking - you're not saying you think you might have 1 drink are you? That's perfectly OK for lots of people, but for most of us here that leads down a path we know all too well.
No just saying that Im not a drunk driver, i would only ever have 1 drink if I was driving lol so I would tend not to go anywhere so I didnt have to drive & could drink instead..