Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 185

Old 12-05-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Old 12-05-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

In for 24 more! Happy Monday, Sober Friends!
Old 12-05-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

no working today.

Thought for the Day

In spite of all we have learned in A.A., our old way of thinking comes back on us, sometimes with overwhelming force, and occasionally some of us have slips. We forget or refuse to call on the Higher Power for help. We seem to deliberately make our minds a blank so far as A.A. training goes, and we take a drink. We eventually get drunk. We are temporarily right back where we started. Those who have had slips say unanimously that they were no fun. They say A.A. had taken all the pleasure out of drinking. They knew they were doing the wrong thing. The old mental conflict was back in full force. They were disgusted with themselves. Am I convinced that I can never get anything more out of drinking?

Meditation for the Day

Give something to those who are having trouble, to those whose thoughts are confused, something of your sympathy, your prayers, your time, your love, your thought, your self. Then give of your own confidence, as you have had it given to you by the grace of God. Give of yourself and of your loving sympathy. Give your best to those who need it and will accept it. Give according to need, never according to deserts. Remember that the giving of advice can never take the place of giving of your self.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that as I have received, so may I give. I pray that I may have the right answer to those who are confused.

24 more for this lonely guy, love and hugs all around.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good advice ^^^. As for me I'm in for today. Happy Monday everyone
Old 12-05-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

8:26 in California and checking in for another 24. I am waiting for my pre-op appointment for my knee surgery, then off to work. Have a great Monday everyone!

❤️Delilah
Old 12-05-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yukonm View Post
Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:50am in Jacksonville, Florida

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today
Hi Mary,
I wanted to mention that our son, Mark, has mentioned in conversation several times that he's "looking at Springfield".
He tells us that Jacksonville has a nuclear power plant that looks like the one in "The Simpsons"! Haha ....
Does it??
Have a great day,
Bobbi
Old 12-05-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
8:26 in California and checking in for another 24. I am waiting for my pre-op appointment for my knee surgery, then off to work. Have a great Monday everyone!

❤️Delilah

All the best Delilah! At yesterday's meeting my friend was also talking about her upcoming knee surgery (it's being postponed).
Heal thy Kneel!
Hugs,
Bobbi
Old 12-05-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I am in for another 24 go team go..
Old 12-05-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm scared need week off fingers not good. I don't not how to take care of me. Anxiety to the roof. Traffic is......
Normal people don't get afraid of changing of traffic of decisions making of career change. Of financial trouble
I just make it to the doctor waiting one hour. I'm 49, sober three and half years I thought it was going to better by now
Why can't be a normal person
Old 12-05-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I failed last night. Smh. My plan at the moment until I get a better one is to post here the day after if I do drink. Staying away because I don't want to say it's day 1 again isn't helping me any. I honestly thought about posting a few times yesteday while I weakly wrestled with AV. I need to reach out everyday.

24 please.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
I'm scared need week off fingers not good. I don't not how to take care of me. Anxiety to the roof. Traffic is......
Normal people don't get afraid of changing of traffic of decisions making of career change. Of financial trouble
I just make it to the doctor waiting one hour. I'm 49, sober three and half years I thought it was going to better by now
Efra,
I'm not normal either then ..... I don't like change, get freaky deaky over BIG change. Yet, since being in recovery I really do have tools/methods to help me with those changes.
You should see me at night.....being my little OCD self....turning down the bed covers, setting up my iPad, getting my water glass, making sure the doors are all locked. Then I can settle in bed. Is this normal?? OH well...that's me... daily routines help me be comfortable.
I'm glad you come here everyday to say hi and talk. Keep doing what you're doing .... reaching out to your friends here.
Bobbi
Old 12-05-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
I failed last night. Smh. My plan at the moment until I get a better one is to post here the day after if I do drink. Staying away because I don't want to say it's day 1 again isn't helping me any. I honestly thought about posting a few times yesteday while I weakly wrestled with AV. I need to reach out everyday.

24 please.
Hi,
Any chance you are in AA? Reaching out, calling your SponsorBEFORE you use....ahhh I know you already know that piece of advice. Next time try it, why not? RIght? If you are in AA, hit up a meeting today for sure. I always, always feel better after!
Bobbi
Old 12-05-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Chick- the reason to post is when you feel like not posting. It is not a job interview where you have to be at your best. Post- that is the strength of this community. No one judges you. Keep posting.
Efra- forgive me for asking, do you see a doc/therapist about anxiety? I have that as part of a poly diagnosis. For me - an antidepressant gave me a level playing field. Also for me- ANY change can be threatening- the fear of change. Just remember your HALTS(ad), keep posting. Do the meditationey breathy/mindfulness bit. Pray if that helps. I will do the same for you and Chickch. PJ
Old 12-05-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thank you for the new thread Dee!

Good to see you back Soberwolf!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Chat tomorrow guys...
Old 12-05-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

24 more please at 6:25 PM
Old 12-05-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

no working today.

Thought for the Day

In spite of all we have learned in A.A., our old way of thinking comes back on us, sometimes with overwhelming force, and occasionally some of us have slips. We forget or refuse to call on the Higher Power for help. We seem to deliberately make our minds a blank so far as A.A. training goes, and we take a drink. We eventually get drunk. We are temporarily right back where we started. Those who have had slips say unanimously that they were no fun. They say A.A. had taken all the pleasure out of drinking. They knew they were doing the wrong thing. The old mental conflict was back in full force. They were disgusted with themselves. Am I convinced that I can never get anything more out of drinking?

Meditation for the Day

Give something to those who are having trouble, to those whose thoughts are confused, something of your sympathy, your prayers, your time, your love, your thought, your self. Then give of your own confidence, as you have had it given to you by the grace of God. Give of yourself and of your loving sympathy. Give your best to those who need it and will accept it. Give according to need, never according to deserts. Remember that the giving of advice can never take the place of giving of your self.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that as I have received, so may I give. I pray that I may have the right answer to those who are confused.

24 more for this lonely guy, love and hugs all around.
Thanks, Erfra.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
All the best Delilah! At yesterday's meeting my friend was also talking about her upcoming knee surgery (it's being postponed).
Heal thy Kneel!
Hugs,
Bobbi
Good Preop, Delilah.

I'm 1 year and 2 months out.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Guess where you'd be if you hadn't got Sober? Hard to compare.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hope that finger heals up well for you, Erfra.