Notices

24-Hour Recovery Connections Part 132

Old 05-21-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Having a bit of a tough day. No reason in particular. But happy to be sober. 24 more hours please.

(((clearlyheaded)))); hope the day improves for you.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaneK View Post
I haven't checked in for quite a while. I haven't been drinking, but have been smoking pot. I got to the point where I felt like I needed something. I've been stressed and tired and on edge. I feel guilty about it, like I've been cheating on my sobriety, but on the other hand I don't feel guilty, like I did nothing wrong. So do I change my sobriety date or do I keep the one I have? Do I quit smoking at all? It's a miracle that, despite it all, a part of me still wants recovery - that is so not like the old me!!
It is so great to see you, Dane!!!!!

Those are difficult questions to answer and only you can answer them. I think that the fact that you think that you needed, or still need, a substance is a warning sign.

I like the suggestion above that you keep your alcohol sobriety date and seek a marijuana sobriety date.

I am so glad that you are back.

We love you.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
Into double figures and there's no stopping now! Another 24------(f13-5-10)

, Bub!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mcflurry View Post
Hi all!
24 more for me please. Have mum and dad staying this weekend. Looking forward to a nice dog walk by the canal tomorrow xx

Hope that you enjoy your time with your parents, mcflurry!!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neo36 View Post
Goodnight Guys

Goodnight, Neo; sleep well.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I haven't checked in for quite a while. I haven't been drinking, but have been smoking pot. I got to the point where I felt like I needed something. I've been stressed and tired and on edge. I feel guilty about it, like I've been cheating on my sobriety, but on the other hand I don't feel guilty, like I did nothing wrong. So do I change my sobriety date or do I keep the one I have? Do I quit smoking at all? It's a miracle that, despite it all, a part of me still wants recovery - that is so not like the old me!!
With love and respect Dane, that can be a slippery slope.
I know you know what you want, and who you are...does this make you happy?
Smoking helped me with my stress for a long time, but it also stopped my life.

You have so many good things in front of you....I don't want you to miss them.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Going for another 24 hours at 5:20p CST.

Congratulations to Bubovski (belated), Lilly1961, Neo36, Soberjoy1, heyfly Sharpy, Babs1234, DoctorEis, goose333 , and yukonm on reaching new milestones today!

To celebrate your stupendous accomplishments, tonight we have a Espresso Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting! Keep up the great work!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melki View Post
Hi everyone!

My in-laws are visiting next weekend and I'm already in a slump thinking about it. I find it very hard to distance myself from snippy comments and criticism. Plus, my mother-in-law hates cats, and we now have a cat that's pretty vocal, so there's another reason for her to be miserable this time around. It's a long weekend too! Usually our weekends are packed and I manage to get by keeping busy, but we don't have anything else going on. Every time we tried to entertain or take them places, it would go down miserably... So, any survival tips?

My job contract ended and I'm in dreadful spirits. Need to rewrite the resume and start looking for a new job. Having a really difficult time with this. Procrastinating as I write this and would appreciate a nudge...

Anyway, that's my update. Good to be back here. Wishing everyone the best 24 hours sober.
(((melki))); I hope that the weekend with your in-laws goes better than expected.

Maybe, re-write the resume when you are feeling better???
Old 05-21-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melki View Post
Hi everyone!

My in-laws are visiting next weekend and I'm already in a slump thinking about it. I find it very hard to distance myself from snippy comments and criticism. Plus, my mother-in-law hates cats, and we now have a cat that's pretty vocal, so there's another reason for her to be miserable this time around. It's a long weekend too! Usually our weekends are packed and I manage to get by keeping busy, but we don't have anything else going on. Every time we tried to entertain or take them places, it would go down miserably... So, any survival tips?

My job contract ended and I'm in dreadful spirits. Need to rewrite the resume and start looking for a new job. Having a really difficult time with this. Procrastinating as I write this and would appreciate a nudge...

Anyway, that's my update. Good to be back here. Wishing everyone the best 24 hours sober.
NUDGE!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
NUDGE!!!
Holy mother, I about fell out of my bed!!!

Woke me up. Much appreciated.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

^^^ We aim to please.
I mean, look at that cake!

And I made coffee. Awesome coffee. s
Old 05-21-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
(((melki))); I hope that the weekend with your in-laws goes better than expected.

Maybe, re-write the resume when you are feeling better???
No no no no no... One potential employer has requested it by last Thursday, and I have been putting it off all week, so I already most likely blew it... I really need to get this done tonight, we're away tomorrow, no more excuses.

The only way the visit can go better is if I run away from the house next weekend. Can I do that?
Old 05-21-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Checking in tonight. Going for another 24 hours at 5:20p CST.

Congratulations to Bubovski (belated), Lilly1961, Neo36, Soberjoy1, heyfly Sharpy, Babs1234, DoctorEis, goose333 , and yukonm on reaching new milestones today!

To celebrate your stupendous accomplishments, tonight we have a Espresso Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting! Keep up the great work!
Oh My Goodness; that is one fabulous looking cake.

Thanks, Strat.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

I just made coffee too. And opened the Word document. That's a start...
Old 05-21-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Wonderful to see you, Dane. Was wondering where you went.

I have often wondered, if I chose to do any drugs other than alcohol would I still consider myself to be living in sobriety? I keep coming back to the answer of no. Simple, right? Part of you still wants it. Embrace sobriety not the pot.

I think about using everyday to some degree. I choose to not act upon those thoughts.

Here for you.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

long day helping mom with computer....so another 24 for me
Old 05-21-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-133-a.html

D