Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 129

Old 05-05-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! It’s wonderful to see each of you here today! We have cake, a sheep, a goat, a goose, wolves, a tiny horse, a chick, a puppy, cats, dogs, and many other wonderful people here! Most of all, we have each other!

The list runs from 12a central standard time (CST) to 11:59p CST. If you check in once during those times, your name is on the list, which is posted the following day.

Welcome back Cascabel, Hypernova, Ipanema, jseattle, least, nymets86, time2rise, tootsl1, and Vinificent! It's so awesome to have you back with us! We’ve missed you!

Congratulations to eight excellent milestoners today! We have 4 weekly milestoners with Timeforchange18 celebrating 1 week and clearlyheaded, Easy2slip, and ElleDee celebrating 2 weeks! We have 4 monthly milestoners with Midwest1981 celebrating 1 major month, letitgo celebrating 10 fantastic months, Jack16 celebrating 1 super year & fabulous 2 months, and ChloeRose63 celebrating 2 fabulous years & 3 marvelous months! Awesome job all of you! High fives all around! Thank you for being here and inspiring us today!

Here’s today’s list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety including posting on this thread on May 4th, 2016:
1newcreation
altoids
arbor
Babs1234
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bobbieka
BrighterDayz
Bubovski
BuddinK
Bunting23
Carlotta
Cascabel
ChloeRose63
clearlyheaded
Coldfusion
Dee74
Dharma33
ElleDee
erfra7
Fabela
ForgiveMeAll
FormerBeerLover
Goat
goose333
graced333
Grateful11
happywithme
Hevyn
heyfly
Hypernova
immri
Ipanema
Jan1755
joandmelandhan
jseattle
jsm273
Kaneda8888
Kris47
least
LillianGish
Lostmyoffswitch
Madbird
ManInTheArena
Mark1014
martina12
maximus97
Meshelly
Mish
mystified
nymets86
Odelle
OldTomato
phoebe64
Purplrks3647
ReneM
Saskia
Soberjoy1
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
Steely
strategery
Surrender2win
suzie89
tgirl
time2rise
Timeforchange18
Tinkerbell73
tokidoki
tootsl1
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
waywardson8260
wehav2day
yukonm
zeppodog

I always look forward to seeing each and every one of you here! I hope to see you all here again tomorrow!!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

signing up for 24 more!!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Acceptance is the Answer
From page 417 of The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous:

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life —unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes

24 more for this tired grateful loving teachable alcoholic. Love and hugs all around.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Thank you Venus, Dee and Strat!

24 more please!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Put me down for 24 hours this Thursday please.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Everyday is a Celebration. To be able to celebrate daily like this with likeminded people doesn't get any better. To add icing on the cake, (pun intended) we have Strat and our beautiful Venus to record the milestones. We thank you also for that! How wonderful to have such beautiful friends here on SR to help us stay sober. Thanks to SR and Company as Well!
Ditto what Kris said!!! Everyone who works behind the scenes to keep us knee deep in yummy cakes, inspiring quotes, daily support and marking our milestones . . . you are appreciated!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Thank you Strat and Venus for your contributions to SR, our safe haven!

I'm in for another 24 hours please.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good morning, friends. I'm all checked in for my flight. Now to finish packing. YiPPEE!!! I'm excited (and caffeinated) This is gonna be a busy day with all the last minute stuff before jumping on that plane!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Oops... posting late today! It's 9:39AM here in sunny Milwaukee and I pledge to stay sober another 24. Work is kicking my butt... but I won't drink over it. Yay!

Old 05-05-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like another sober day please.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

10:59 in Tennessee
Old 05-05-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire View Post
It's my 46th birthday today & I can't think of a better gift than 24 glorious hours of sweet sobriety.

Hugs, love, hope & light to all of you today!!
Happy Birthday Hearts! May birthdays are awesome-I will be 47 next week!

Signing in for 24. 11:10 am.

I've got a tough few days coming up and will need support. I'm going to a family gathering tomorrow night and there will be alcohol and because it's out of town, I will be spending the night and can't leave. I also have some other stressors going on and I'm very busy the next few days, and the Kentucky Derby ads are triggering me even. Believe it or not. I really want to stay strong.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Congrats to Timeforchange18, clearlyheaded , Easy2slip ,ElleDee , Midwest1981, letitgo, Jack16 , and ChloeRose63.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberjoy1 View Post
Happy Birthday Hearts! May birthdays are awesome-I will be 47 next week!

Signing in for 24. 11:10 am.

I've got a tough few days coming up and will need support. I'm going to a family gathering tomorrow night and there will be alcohol and because it's out of town, I will be spending the night and can't leave. I also have some other stressors going on and I'm very busy the next few days, and the Kentucky Derby ads are triggering me even. Believe it or not. I really want to stay strong.
Just to add. I am NOT planning to drink.Just trying to be proactive and not complacent. I'm at the 2 week period and that has previously been a time that I have given in.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Day 14 - Sober

I will make it another day!

Thanks
Old 05-05-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

8:55 am and I am in for another sober 24 hours.

@Soberjoy: you can absolutely do it. Take your cell with you so you can log into SR in a crunch, also have an exit plan if things get too much.
It could be as simple as stepping away from the gathering for a bit and taking a walk or claiming a headache (I don't advocate lying but a little white lie in this instance cannot hurt) and going home early.
You could also make sure you have an accountability partner with you: one person you trust and who knows you have quit drinking.

we are with you
Old 05-05-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
8:55 am and I am in for another sober 24 hours.

@Soberjoy: you can absolutely do it. Take your cell with you so you can log into SR in a crunch, also have an exit plan if things get too much.
It could be as simple as stepping away from the gathering for a bit and taking a walk or claiming a headache (I don't advocate lying but a little white lie in this instance cannot hurt) and going home early.
You could also make sure you have an accountability partner with you: one person you trust and who knows you have quit drinking.

we are with you
Thanks Carlotta! I will definitely have my phone with me and the good thing is the party is near the ocean, so I can always make an excuse to walk outside.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hi SR!

Here for a sober day, need to start posting to this thread every day again...It's been awhile. I'm staying sober and all is going well.

But a few things have been sliding from the radar...SR interaction is one of them. Time to re-commit.

Have a great day everyone.

Findingtheway
Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Count me in, friends.

Love to all,

Leigh
Old 05-05-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

happy birthday to soberjoy when it comes!

I'll have 24 more please.

Missed check in last night as got back from the cinema very late. Went to the loo mid movie and managed to fall UP the stairs while walking/running back to my seat.

Sober, but no less clumsy! xx