Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 126

Old 04-23-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Signing in for 24. 9am. I was away from home a few days. I gave up on myself. So sick and disappointed in myself. Why can't I quit? I just want to cry.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

WTG, on the presentation, Strat!

It's 8:13 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by Soberjoy1 View Post
Signing in for 24. 9am. I was away from home a few days. I gave up on myself. So sick and disappointed in myself. Why can't I quit? I just want to cry.
Because you're one of us

Nothing about this is easy... But you didn't give up, you came back here, you're still fighting. That's a winner, to me.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Thank you goat. I appreciate that! I have lost confidence in myself. I think I need to give AA another try. Loneliness is my biggest trigger.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

24 for me.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

24 more sober hours please! It's 9:36pm in Florida!

Hugs soberjoy :-)
Old 04-23-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Congratulations, milestoners!

A big hug to all those struggling and/or ill...

A local radio station is playing Prince's entire playlist- alphabetically! Trying to figure out what letter they're on now. Makes doing this work-related stuff relatively painless.

24 more hours please.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neo36 View Post
I have a holiday coming up next Saturday and I hope it stays a sober one...Getting sick and tired of going round in circles and the trouble it is bringing into my life...
Neo, you ultimately have the power to decide when enough is enough. It may not feel like it, but you do. It is hard getting sober, but it really truly does get better and it does get easier. However, it takes time. We've each been there and can relate to what you're going through.
I found early sobriety to be extremely tough. So much so, after relapsing twice early on, I decided I wasn't going to go through early sobriety any more. It just wasn't worth the constant battle and that is what caused me to say, enough is enough. It was just too exhausting. I've said this before, but each time you pick up, you start that battle all over again.

I hope you stay.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
(^^^ I was thinking: who is rain? I missed someone? )
I was scouting through the threads too.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! It’s wonderful to see each of you here today! We have cake, a sheep, a goat, a goose, wolves, a tiny horse, a chick, a puppy, cats, dogs, and many other wonderful people here! Most of all, we have each other!

The list runs from 12a central standard time (CST) to 11:59p CST. If you check in once during those times, your name is on the list, which is posted the following day.

Welcome back 1newcreation, Ipanema, mcflurry, Neo36, and tootsl1! We’ve missed each of you and it’s wonderful to have you back with us again!

Congratulations to five fabulous milestoners today! We have 5 weekly milestoners with Clearlyheaded and Jacks123 celebrating 2 weeks, pams, ForMeForThem, and immri celebrating 3 weeks! You guys are all doing great and it’s wonderful to see each of you progressing in your sobriety! Thank you for being here and inspiring us today!

Here’s today’s list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety including posting on this thread on April 22nd, 2016:
1newcreation
altoids
arbor
ardy
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Bobbieka
BrighterDayz
Bubovski
BuddinK
Bunting23
Carlotta
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
Dee74
Dharma33
emme99
erfra7
ForgiveMeAll
FormerBeerLover
Goat
goose333
graced333
Hevyn
immri
Ipanema
Jan1755
jsm273
Kaneda8888
least
LillianGish
Lostmyoffswitch
Madbird
ManInTheArena
Mark1014
martina12
maximus97
mcflurry
Meshelly
mystified
Neo36
nymets86
Odelle
OldTomato
phoebe64
ReadyAtLast
Saskia
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
Steely
strategery
Supertired
suzie89
tgirl
time2rise
tokidoki
tootsl1
Trees39
venuscat
Vinificent
waywardson8260
yukonm
zeppodog

I always look forward to seeing each and every one of you here! I hope to see you all here again tomorrow!!
Old 04-23-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Soberjoy and Neo you both can do this. I know you both want it. Long term sobriety and recovery are very tough to obtain. I still struggle with it as, do others. Think about the alternative though. Just sayin.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Soberjoy and Neo you both can do this. I know you both want it. Long term sobriety and recovery are very tough to obtain. I still struggle with it as, do others. Think about the alternative though. Just sayin.

It really is tough. I had no idea it would be so hard. Gotta make a new plan. I wish I could go to rehab, to be honest.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Neo, you ultimately have the power to decide when enough is enough. It may not feel like it, but you do. It is hard getting sober, but it really truly does get better and it does get easier. However, it takes time. We've each been there and can relate to what you're going through.
I found early sobriety to be extremely tough. So much so, after relapsing twice early on, I decided I wasn't going to go through early sobriety any more. It just wasn't worth the constant battle and that is what caused me to say, enough is enough. It was just too exhausting. I've said this before, but each time you pick up, you start that battle all over again.

I hope you stay.
Thanks Strat I am back and staying glad to see my name on the list again also..I just need a few days now for my head to clear and get back on track,today would have been 3 weeks only for me been a fool and messing it up...
Old 04-23-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

One more 24 for me.
It's 9:26 am here.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi SR,

I'm no expert but I am coming up on 4 months Sober and here is some information that helped early on.

"Alcohol is metabolized by several processes or pathways. The most common of these pathways involves two enzymes—alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) and aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH). These enzymes help break apart the alcohol molecule, making it possible to eliminate it from the body. First, ADH metabolizes alcohol to acetaldehyde, a highly toxic substance and known carcinogen (1). Then, in a second step, acetaldehyde is further metabolized down to another, less active byproduct called acetate (1), which then is broken down into water and carbon dioxide for easy elimination (2)."

This information helped me think of alcohol as poison and so I asked myself if I would pour bleach, anti-freeze, or nail polish remover (main ingredient is acetate) down my throat?

Of course not!!!!! Just sharing a tip that worked for me on a mental level.

I also worked with my Dr. the first 2 months and it really helped.

For everyone struggling on Day 1 or Day 2 or whatever, Big Hugs to you
Old 04-23-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
The alternative is a scary thought and one that at times feels very close..
Old 04-23-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hi SR,

I'm no expert but I am coming up on 4 months Sober and here is some information that helped early on.

"Alcohol is metabolized by several processes or pathways. The most common of these pathways involves two enzymes—alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) and aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH). These enzymes help break apart the alcohol molecule, making it possible to eliminate it from the body. First, ADH metabolizes alcohol to acetaldehyde, a highly toxic substance and known carcinogen (1). Then, in a second step, acetaldehyde is further metabolized down to another, less active byproduct called acetate (1), which then is broken down into water and carbon dioxide for easy elimination (2)."

This information helped me think of alcohol as poison and so I asked myself if I would pour bleach, anti-freeze, or nail polish remover (main ingredient is acetate) down my throat?

Of course not!!!!! Just sharing a tip that worked for me on a mental level.

I also worked with my Dr. the first 2 months and it really helped.

For everyone struggling on Day 1 or Day 2 or whatever, Big Hugs to you
Thanks bandicoot all advice been given to me hear is very much appreciated...
Old 04-23-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

9:30 am and I'll have another 24 hours on the freedom train!

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone today!

Hugs and love to those struggling and sick
Old 04-23-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberjoy1 View Post
It really is tough. I had no idea it would be so hard. Gotta make a new plan. I wish I could go to rehab, to be honest.
Wishing you the very best Soberjoy
Old 04-23-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like to add another day to my collection of sober days.