Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 04-12-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Attachment 29314
My 20 year old's artwork. What I'm paying tuition for. She did this a few days ago. lol

Last edited by Bobbieka; 08-10-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Bobbie not sure if I've said it before but Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I loved the book too, Applekat. That and Peter Pan I think were my favorite reads to my kids. Until Harry Potter came along.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 31 now. Assuming I make it through today (and I will not drink today no matter what), that will be one month of continuous sobriety for me. Couldn't have done it without each and every one of you.

Being a kayak/rafting enthusiast, you should be familiar with uncharted waters, Kayak63sc. Congratulations on record breaking day 11!

Glad you're already on top of getting a schedule set up with your therapist, KiKi0615. If those thoughts of drinking come today, remember what's worked for you so far in just the short while I've known you: 1) Getting in here and talking about it. 2) Telling your addiction "NO" out loud and as vehemently as possible. 3) Playing the tape through and remembering all the possible consequences of your taking that first drink. I'm very proud of you for sticking with us. Sobriety looks good on you.

Good morning again, Fabela. How is your day going so far?

Glad you're back, Ladybug2. Sorry you drank again. Don't give up one day before the miracle happens. You CAN stop this cycle. Love the new avatar! The sky is kinda Van Gogh-ish. Tell your addiction to shove it. If you had a broken arm, would you go ahead and intentionally break all your fingers too just because?

42 days, Bobbieka! If you're familiar at all with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe then you know 42 is a very important number. It's the answer to life, the universe, and everything. Thanks as always for your kind, compassionate posts. You're a great role model for me in my own sobriety. I will be 42 years old in August. There's that number again! (Just saw your daughter's alien artwork! I like it personally. I'd hang it on my walls. And it fits right in with day 42! Only the aliens in the book who are trying to discover the meaning of 42 don't look like your typical green aliens, but instead like tiny mice, if I remember right. Been a long time since I read it.)

immri, please check in soon! Don't mean to lump our Australians together but would also love to hear from horsestaple. And anyone else who hasn't checked in today. We're stronger together.

Perfect timing. My kale and mushroom omelet is just about ready to come out of the pan. I'm not very good at doing the omelet fold there at the end, but it'll still taste good.

You have the power of choice. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Wishing everyone a happy and sober day.

Glad you're back to working on your sobriety, Lein.

Good luck with your last week of IOP, Missy7. Let us know how the meeting goes. Check in as often as you can. We need you!

Hope the haircut goes well, clearlyheaded. I just let my grays stay gray stay now. I don't have too many yet except in my beard if I let that grow out.

Good morning to our sober Leap Day-er, Applekat!

Check in when you can, Surrender2win. You know that drinking will only make work that much harder--not just because of the actual drinking but because of the remorse afterwards. Has anyone else noticed how much less fun drinking is once you've had a little exposure to some good sobriety? It's like the whole time I'm drinking I'm thinking, "I know I shouldn't be doing this. This isn't right for me."

Perfect timing. My kale and mushroom omelet is ready to come out of the pan. I usually tear up the omelet a bit when I do that fold/flip at the end, but it still will taste yummy.

Remember you have the power of choice. You don't have to take that first drink today no matter what!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Casey - the healthy eating....ugh! I hope your better habits will rub off on me soon. Until then, most nights I eat two dinners. Yikes. I'm not large either, just eating my calories at lumped times of day.

Bobbie - I just love Harry Potter. My kiddos are young and I already let them watch through Goblet of Fire. No more for now. Started reading instead at book 1. Love it. They will run around the house trying to Wingardium Leviosa things.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I love you all. Thank you for the support and encouragement. It's what I need right now. I will not drink today, no matter what!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I spoke too soon! Perfect omelet flip/fold this morning. It's going to be a good day!

EDIT: The omelet looks much tastier in real life instead of via my blurry camera phone picture. That poor phone is being held together by duct tape at this point. But it still works. Mostly. And I'm too cheap to buy another one. Also, sorry for the wacky formatting in my long post. I don't know how I somehow copy and pasted my last two paragraphs into the middle of the post as well.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Casey - the healthy eating....ugh! I hope your better habits will rub off on me soon.
I ate a huge bowl of ice cream and half a bag of jelly beans last night. Plus some potato chips. I am far from eating healthy all the time.

Another Harry Potter fan here. My dad still makes fun of me for planning a vacation day months in advance for the day the last book came out. But at the same time he's the same guy who snuck me a copy home early from the warehouse at his work.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Uhm, the hair dresser cut off way more than I was expecting!!! I went from hair down to my shoulder blades to up around my ears. It will take some getting used to. It will definitely be easier to manage one handed, though!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey beerbgone! Not trying to embarrass you or call you out, but I see you lurking pretty often. How are you doing? We'd love to hear from you.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Casey, your omelette looks yummy! I love mushroom and cheese omelettes - never thought to add kale?

BTW, congrats on 31 days
Old 04-12-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi all,

Well I was going to disappear for awhile, but I realize that would be a bad idea so here I am, back on Day 1. Don't really want to talk about it, I know what I need to do. Feeling so defeated and disappointed
I'm in exactly the same position LadyBug. Starting a new day 1. Shucks 'n be darned!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I'm in exactly the same position LadyBug. Starting a new day 1. Shucks 'n be darned!!!
Glad you're back with us. Remember we're here to help you get through those thoughts and cravings. I truly believe that this can be your last day one. Never quit trying!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Casey, your omelette looks yummy! I love mushroom and cheese omelettes - never thought to add kale?

BTW, congrats on 31 days
It was OK. Slightly overcooked. I didn't do cheese because the only cheese in my house right now is some of those parmesan packets from the pizza delivery guy. Not sure how that would have worked out.

Thanks for the congrats and for keeping me sober those 31 days. Seriously!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Casey, 42 is the number of Fox Mulder's apartment in X-Files and of course Jackie Robinson's number. Your omelet looks amazing. Time for me to eat lunch.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Glad you are back, beerbgone. This will be our last day 1!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Hey beerbgone! Not trying to embarrass you or call you out, but I see you lurking pretty often. How are you doing? We'd love to hear from you.
I'm back on day one! I must post! Whenever I start drifting away from SR I know I'm headed for trouble.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Oh yeah! Casey congrats on 31, and Bobbie on 42! Outstanding! Love the artwork Bobbie.

Rocking my sweet bug to sleep right now, while my 4 year old does who knows what in the house.

There's nothing sweeter than a calm sleeping baby in your arms!

Oh wait, I bet there is - a baby who would then sleep longer than 30 minutes! Ugh! Basically gives me time to go to the bathroom, find the 4 year old, and build 1/4 of a Lego set with him.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I'm back on day one! I must post! Whenever I start drifting away from SR I know I'm headed for trouble.
Yep, you posted your first post today as I was typing that question to you. So glad you're back with us. And I agree--active participation here is the difference maker in my own recovery.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Welcome back bbg!