Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 8

Old 05-10-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Mellow evening here at work, my weekend starts in an hour. It'll be the first weekend in a month-and-a-half that I don't have a project to work on ... On the agenda for this one is spring cleaning. And Thursday morning I pick up my Gibson electric guitar ... my first present bought with sobriety money.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hi Nic,

I started Weight Watchers when at the same time I gave up wine. I have lost 28 pounds, and would like to lose about 20 more. I have gotten stuck at 18, 24, and now 28, but I am figuring that is just the way my body decides to lose weight.

The biggest part of WW is portion control. I have also been exercising, although I probably need to add a little more in that department.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nic

Great news Thump - enjoy!
Hi Olivia

D
Old 05-10-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Nic,

I started Weight Watchers when at the same time I gave up wine. I have lost 28 pounds, and would like to lose about 20 more. I have gotten stuck at 18, 24, and now 28, but I am figuring that is just the way my body decides to lose weight.

The biggest part of WW is portion control. I have also been exercising, although I probably need to add a little more in that department.
Hi Delilah,
Yes I too lost 13 kg(28 pounds) on weight watchers without really trying to be honest. Was slack with tracking but obviously because I wasn't drinking thousands of calories in alcohol a week anymore it came off. I still have my membership buy need to get serious.. Would like to lose another 10 kg or so before I go away in 4 months..
Old 05-10-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
You go Nic! I'd say exercise.... Shop the perimeter of the grocery stores not the aisles! That will get you fresh fruits and vegetables, not canned bad bad foods. Portion sizes are most important, the size of your palm they say for meat, fish, etc.

Ok... So now I need to follow my own advise!

I'm getting into vitamins, supplements and spices. Just made hit green tea with a spoon of turmeric. Gonna look into more recipes.

Sun - I think this is a good experience for you, your husband and your kids. I think it will do everyone good in many ways. I remember crying when I dropped my son (and later daughter) at the sitter as babies. Then I did travel a little to great cities. My main client was a major department store. I saw some great cities! It also made me appreciate what I had at home. And, whew, could I tell some dandy out of town trip stories back in the day! All good. Those days are over!

Take care all.

Olivia
Hi Olivia,
I really do need to exercise!! I sit in an office all day for work so don't move very much at all lol!! Great advice about the supermarkets too! Might have to stop grocery shopping when I'm hungry as I come back with everything I don't need!! I have to be more mindful of what I'm buying and eating!!
Old 05-10-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Nic

Great news Thump - enjoy!
Hi Olivia

D
Hi Dee- good to see you x
Old 05-10-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Hi Olivia,
I really do need to exercise!! I sit in an office all day for work so don't move very much at all lol!! Great advice about the supermarkets too! Might have to stop grocery shopping when I'm hungry as I come back with everything I don't need!! I have to be more mindful of what I'm buying and eating!!
Ohhh yeah, supermarket shopping when hungry is a big no-no! Junk food ahoy!
Old 05-10-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Mellow evening here at work, my weekend starts in an hour. It'll be the first weekend in a month-and-a-half that I don't have a project to work on ... On the agenda for this one is spring cleaning. And Thursday morning I pick up my Gibson electric guitar ... my first present bought with sobriety money.
Enjoy!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:20 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mav View Post
Ohhh yeah, supermarket shopping when hungry is a big no-no! Junk food ahoy!
Yes i currently have a fridge and pantry full of junk I really don't need :p
Old 05-11-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Why is it when things are going down hill I turn to junk food? Time to clean up my diet once and for all; I know better.

Yesterday was a keep-the-medical-professionals-in-business-day for me, starting with follow-up x-rays, ortho recheck and stitches out (yay), dentist for permanent crown (finally), back to GP for autoimmune symptom testing request (success), and then to the lab for blood work.

Pooh, sorry for the late response, I took Sam-E for years and it really helped with depression and joint pain. I recently switched to Rhodiola Rosea (1 capsule in the morning) which has been great for my depression. I'm one that doesn't do well on the prescription ADs, and I've tried many.

Nic, congratulations on 4 months!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Jannies!

I'm on a quick lunch break and popped in to see how everyone's doing. Lots going on with our group this week-

This week's work schedule is crazy with meetings and social events and I hope to catch up with you all this weekend!

Take care and wishing everyone a beautiful Sober day or evening.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hugs and well-wishes to you, Bandi.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Evening all. Happy sober thoughts.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Hi. We got hammered with storms in The Midwest. Wow, rain lightening hail you name it! Hung out in the basement with Olivia playing pool !

All good here. Can't wait to get off these meds for diverticulitist. I believe I'm taking two strong antibiotics but boy they kinda wipe me out for a bit after I take them. Now researching probiotics!
Gotta get a healthy gut!

I guess that's it for now. Woke up and thought i'd say hey!
Old 05-12-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Hugs and well-wishes to you, Bandi.
Thanks Thump

Fog brain is really bad this week! This too shall pass....I hope
Old 05-12-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Its only 7 am here and I am struggling already! When does this anxiety and depression end? ugh!! I have good days and bad days and I want off this ride. When will I feel "normal" waking up with no anxiety, no depression, happy, joyous and free?!
Old 05-12-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Why is it when things are going down hill I turn to junk food? Time to clean up my diet once and for all; I know better.

Yesterday was a keep-the-medical-professionals-in-business-day for me, starting with follow-up x-rays, ortho recheck and stitches out (yay), dentist for permanent crown (finally), back to GP for autoimmune symptom testing request (success), and then to the lab for blood work.

Pooh, sorry for the late response, I took Sam-E for years and it really helped with depression and joint pain. I recently switched to Rhodiola Rosea (1 capsule in the morning) which has been great for my depression. I'm one that doesn't do well on the prescription ADs, and I've tried many.

Nic, congratulations on 4 months!
Thanks so much Odelle - xxx
Old 05-12-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just in case you guys go over, it's time for a new thread guys:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-9-a.html

D