# 321 (permalink)  

You guys just made my day...lol
Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 04-28-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Dee, I have a question a couple of questions I have been meaning to ask over the past year.

How long has SoberRecovery been around? I see it is part of a larger Internet Health group. Are there a lot of people working for SR? Are you a for profit company?
Sober Recovery has always been this magical place that has always been there for all of us. Somebody had to put a lot of time and money into getting this going and keeping it running.

We are all extremely grateful for everyone involved with SR and we owe you and all the folks behind the scenes a lifetime of gratitude. Thanks for all you do!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdVdNLJiJuc">YouTube Link</a>
That really is quite special
Old 04-29-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Dee, I have a question a couple of questions I have been meaning to ask over the past year.

How long has SoberRecovery been around? I see it is part of a larger Internet Health group. Are there a lot of people working for SR? Are you a for profit company?
Sober Recovery has always been this magical place that has always been there for all of us. Somebody had to put a lot of time and money into getting this going and keeping it running.

We are all extremely grateful for everyone involved with SR and we owe you and all the folks behind the scenes a lifetime of gratitude. Thanks for all you do!
Hi stargazer

SR has been around since around 2002/3. One man named Jon started it but that's about all I know. I wasn't here then.

These days we're owned by Internet Brands, Inc. I'm not an employee of theirs, just a volunteer here on the forum staff - we all are - so I really have no idea what the profit situation is.

I do know that the ads that you see here hither and yon help make the money to run the place

We have a small but dedicated volunteer staff

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - Show Groups

a couple of liaison peeps from Internet brands, and a technical staff (also IB)

D
Old 04-29-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks Dee!

You and the other volunteers have helped to change so many lives!

Thanks again for all you do!
Old 04-29-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Just checking in for the day, not much to report. Just a regular Friday. I went to town and back, picked up something for dinner, and just getting ready for a busy weekend with the folks. I am curious to see if they are still "on the wagon", they told me a couple months ago that they quit drinking to lose weight.

Have a gorgeous weekend!
Old 04-29-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Amp..please post a youtube video after you have mastered the shoulder synthisizer. Ill be sure to rate it 5stars.

Hey...I just realized something. )+
When I first joined the family, I had suggested we get a band together. I offered to play the drums.

Here we are. Getting closer to coming together.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

A day of shopping and laundry. Cold and rainy weather not good for yard work.

So I bought myself an inexpensive stereo receiver and hooked up a pair of bookshelf speakers that have been sitting in my basement for years. I even had an empty stereo cabinet sitting down there. Now I can crank some serious tunes while doing the laundry. Music always makes me happy !

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 04-29-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
OMD

Hello everyone!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I am looking forward to it - been a tough old week but all good here!

OMD
Old 04-30-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you survived OMD! Time to relax a bit.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
OMD

Thanks SG. Yes, nice to have some time off!

OMD
Old 04-30-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Enjoy the weekend OMD.

Im off Sunday and looking forward to it.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Working until midnight tonight. Another cold and rainy day here. No wonder I feel a little emotionally flat this morning. Might just have that second cup of coffee.

Caffeine and sugar are my next addictions to conquer. I am actually down ten pounds since I started logging my food in February. Caffeine will be a tougher nut to crack working retail.

Enjoy a rare weekend day off Inc! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-01-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Working until midnight tonight. Another cold and rainy day here. No wonder I feel a little emotionally flat this morning. Might just have that second cup of coffee.

Caffeine and sugar are my next addictions to conquer. I am actually down ten pounds since I started logging my food in February. Caffeine will be a tougher nut to crack working retail.

Enjoy a rare weekend day off Inc! I hope everyone has a great day!
Hoping you get a bit of respite from work soon OMD. Nice and sunny here and enjoying a few days off
Old 05-01-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Had a guy buy a half gallon of cheap vodka yesterday. Real nasty stuff. I know because I had to buy it before when money was tight. Its 40 proof so had to drink twice as much to work.

What really stood out was he bought one the day before. Been there too. He mentioned he was buying them for somebody else. I never had to explain the volume I bought as I had a few liquor stores I could hit. I didnt care what people thought any way. I didnt care about much.

This guy had the smell. I know I had that smell for a while. People close to me called me out on it a couple times.

Sure glad thats not me any more.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It's kind of funny how easy it is for me to spot someone with a drinking problem now that I don't drink. I sometimes wonder how many people in the general public might have known, by the smell, the eyes, the desperation.

I too am glad that's not a problem now.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

When we started on this people used to say that we would find that not drinking any more is a relief. What a lot of stress it was being a drinker! It took me a while to understand that but I sure understand it now!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Our store is undergoing a store wide relighting project. I have to work 7pm-5am tonight and of course I could not really sleep in much. I will be getting home around 6am tomorrow and then back at work in another 8 hours. Ugh.

I used to do these kind of shifts drinking. I don't know how I did it for so many years.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
OMD

Monday again! Hope your weekends went well. I got some rest, which was great

You're right Amp - being a drinker was totally stressful and made everything harder. I can spot those with a drinking problem a mile off, even those that don't think they have one. Not being smug or claiming I am smart - I have just seen and felt it all. The really depressing part is you see the external damage the poison does - tiny blood vessels, red face, nose, eyes, even if there is no smell. It's taken a while but I no longer exhibit the physical symptoms of an alcoholic - I used to dread looking in the mirror each morning. While I'm not perfect I am certainly better! I think I mentioned here that a few months ago a friend commented on how white my eyes were (I think he thought I'd put some clear drops in or something), and most of the external damage has mercifully cleared up. Don't know about the inside but the liver is a remarkable organ so fingers crossed.

Anyway, good to reflect every now and then. Had a couple of work drinking events this week. My attitude is simply: I don't drink and I am way better for it. Went through absolutely fine.

Right, best get going.

OMD