Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 60

Old 05-31-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Another 24 please!
Old 05-31-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
May you stay safe Hearts! Spoke @ noon mtg & 'twas great;hadn't spoken in almost a yr so 'twas an honor. Saw this dude @ guitar store we stopped before going home & his shirt said "Forgiveness is the new F word" & that was helpful esp considering last roommate kept stealing from me but finally kicked out last wk. Have to keep turning it over & over to God & forgiving him in my mind. Wow...great lesson tho
Another wk is over & mth..where does that time go? We are loving & doing service here;that's what I think! 24 mo in hot & muggy Baltimore
You are a good man, 1new.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
I just read on my FB that a friend in my old Homegroup passed away. Kris, he was always the Rainbow at any meeting I attended. When our HG was disbanded ( "home" was no longer, City of Pasadena rules ) he started a new meeting. It never quite took hold, but not for lack of his determination & upbeat attitude.
He passed in recovery , due to complications of AIDS. Rest in Peace.

I'm here for the next 24 hours of my recovery, dedicated to you G.
Bobbi
Heartbreaking, Bobbi. May he now see the brightness of God's face at the end of that rainbow he offered on earth.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
learning to live

Signing in for 24 at 10 AM from the Midwest!
Old 05-31-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
^^^ (((mystified))) ♥
She sure does!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

10:00 am Sunday Another 24 please!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Welcome back, ForgiveMeAll; sending hugs and support.

I echo what the others have said about adding 'real-life' support to your plan.

You had five months; you can do it again and carry on into a lifetime; you likely only need to make recovery steps a part of your routine. Check out the most recent thread for the Class of October, 2014; Briar posted a fantastic list of proactive steps for sobriety and recovery (I will try and link the thread); she suggested printing out the list, cutting the list into strips, putting the strips into a jar and pulling one out each day for action.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...0-post451.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5397609

You can do this!!!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

life sober have it up and down, we are learning a new way of life, and we have to keep going it looks to me like our life depend on it.
I girl that I new from kindergarten she was with my older daughter die of overdose, I feel so sad for her and her family, but at the same time she give me strength to keep going, that no matter what is going with my life I can get through with out my additions.
please give the freedom to be a slave to alcohol and drugs, in this 24 hrs.
everybody have a good day.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hello, friends!

Welcome, live4luv&mayg! Welcome back, Forgivemeall & FaithfulAndFree! This is a safe place & we’re glad you’re all here and any day!

Congratulations to Everyone who suited up & showed up here to make the commitment today, day 1 or 10,000, because every day truly is a milestone. Thanks for being here and inspiring us all to keep at it, one day after the next!

Here’s the list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from May 30 to noon, May 31, New York local:

1newcreation
airwick
aussieblue
BarbieKen
biminiblue
BuddinK
Cascabel
CaseyW
CeeFarro
ChickChick
ChloeRose63
Coco60
Coldfusion
Copper442
courage2
DaneK
Dee74
Della1968
erfra7
FaithfulAndFree
ForgiveMeAll
FormerBeerLover
fromadistance
Gilmer
Goat
goose333
Grateful11
grtgrandpa
HeartsAfire
Hevyn
immri
ishallnotwant
Jeni26
jsm273
Kaneda8888
Kris47
least
Lily123
live4luv
Marcher13
mayg
mystified
NoGoingBack
nymets86
PeppermintPatty
Purpleknight
site1Q84
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
Solarion
sthlondonab
strategery
Surrender2win
tootsl1
Trees39
venuscat
VikingGF
zeppodog

The oak. For strength.

Quercus robur, pedunculate oak, English oak or French oak , in Thuringia, Germany

Don’t give up, not matter what, even when you feel you stand alone in your sobriety. We’re all here too. See you tomorrow, I hope!

This has been a challenging week and I've made a lot of mistakes, including I'm sure on the list. I apologize to anyone who's been omitted -- it's never personal. Check back later today where I'll try to correct at least some of the errors I've made here, by posting the Monday-to-Sunday list.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

We love you, courage.

thanks for all you do for this thread; you enrich my life daily.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

24 more please 9:40 am here
Old 05-31-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

24 more please!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Dear Fma...sounds to me that you haven't really made a Decision to get & stay sober. Once you do, have to be "lonely for a little while" coz some fam & friends won't understand you but gotta stand your ground! This disease wants to kill us ultimately;heard about four deaths in past mth alone & one of those people had long sobriety. Join a mtg that can make a home group, get a sponsor if haven't already & get a service position @ an institution eg hospital detox or lock up facility. I'm pretty sure during those five mths of sobriety that you content & satisfied coz weren't fighting alc or anyone;@ least for the most part. We are sick people hence don't blame your bf giving an ultimatum. I'm not playing footsie w/ it.
Just give yourself a chance & stay sober only for today. Don't think bout July 4th or thxgvg or Christmas; only today! Congrats to all celebrating birthdays in sobriety
24 mo pls
Old 05-31-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Welcome back, ForgiveMeAll; sending hugs and support.

I echo what the others have said about adding 'real-life' support to your plan.

You had five months; you can do it again and carry on into a lifetime; you likely only need to make recovery steps a part of your routine. Check out the most recent thread for the Class of October, 2014; Briar posted a fantastic list of proactive steps for sobriety and recovery (I will try and link the thread); she suggested printing out the list, cutting the list into strips, putting the strips into a jar and pulling one out each day for action.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...0-post451.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5397609

You can do this!!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing this leigh. X
Old 05-31-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Checking in for the next 24 at 2:40 PM on a nice Sunday afternoon.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Re-Member

24 more please.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Committing to 24 hrs. - 3:47pm NYC
Old 05-31-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Welcome back, ForgiveMeAll; sending hugs and support. I echo what the others have said about adding 'real-life' support to your plan. You had five months; you can do it again and carry on into a lifetime; you likely only need to make recovery steps a part of your routine. Check out the most recent thread for the Class of October, 2014; Briar posted a fantastic list of proactive steps for sobriety and recovery (I will try and link the thread); she suggested printing out the list, cutting the list into strips, putting the strips into a jar and pulling one out each day for action. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...0-post451.html http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5397609 You can do this!!!!!
Thank you so much!

I feel like such a complete failure. All the work I and trust ruined in one day! Then for him to leave me when I need support make me so upset at myself.

I blame myself for stopping to come here to SR, stopped going to my councilor and seeing acupuncturist.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Would you truly lose your job? I know there are "professional" meetings for people like doctors who need discretion. You can call the AA number if you are in a profession that needs extra discretion like law enforcement, etc. I've been to meetings where there are elementary school teachers, firefighters, doctors, lawyers, every possible profession. I think being in recovery is better for your career than drinking, don't you? How about one-on-one counseling? There is something that needs to be addressed in all of us if we are drinking.
I will find that number. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Do your best

Checking in for 24 more

Sorry ive been a bit quieter lately i have loads going on which is good but a lil bit stressful just want you guys to know your all awesome

Spk soon friends