Notices

24-Hour Recovery Connections Part 49

Old 04-02-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

P.S. -- I can't tell you how much I appreciate my fellow travelers in doing this. Thank you all!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Checking in after another long day at work. I'm grateful to have a job, but boy am I looking forward to going home. But until then, duty calls!!!

Congratulations to those celebrating milestones. Prayers for those who are struggling.

And thank you Goat for worrying about me. Really means a lot to me!!! I had no idea that a rig had caught fire yesterday. Thankfully I've never had to experience such a disaster! I wasn't on the BP rig that exploded in 2010, but I was on the spill site as my rig drilled one of the relief wells in order to stop the leak. I met a few people who were on board the Deepwater Horizon when it exploded. I couldn't imagine such a nightmare!!!

Love you all lots!!!

7:41 pm GoM
Old 04-02-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
All the best to the milestoners, keep striving forward. It's been a sad 24 hours and I am in a rather sombre mood. An old friend that I have not seen for many years unexpectedly died a few nights ago. He was not an alcoholic. Just a normal guy, fit for his age (ski instructor) and had no medical problems. Simply died at the dinner table. The coroner is still investigating the cause of death. He left behind a wife and 3 children. I hadn't seen him for more than 20 years as I have lived overseas and returned back to my home town 2 years ago. So, I must be honest and say that he was not a close friend in recent times. We went to school together and hung out during university days. There were some really fun camping trips we went together in his beaten up 4WD that I have fond memories of to this day. I had always meant to catch up with him and there were a few opportunities through events with mutual friends. But I never did as I was too selfish, too concerned with what he would think of me as an alcoholic, too lazy. Now, I will never have that chance to see him. As well, I learnt last night that the ex-secretary of my home group who was sober for 2 years and had a relapse, hasn't decided whether he wanted a sober life anymore. I feel frustrated about what to do. I know that the decision must be his if he wants to recover. It's a sharp lesson that we are not in control of our destiny. How precious are our lives and how we must appreciate this no matter what our circumstance. Also never ever to take our sobriety for granted. It is not an entitlement but hard work. Another 24 hours of loving kindness, compassion and sobriety please. Its 9:18am here. Will try to be happier soon !!
Hugs Kaneda. I'm here if you need to chat. Xoxoo
Old 04-02-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
P.S. -- I can't tell you how much I appreciate my fellow travelers in doing this. Thank you all!
Thank you for being here
Old 04-02-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I forgot to check in the last couple days, but here I am, ready for another 24 hours sober.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

HI,
I'm checking in for the next 24 hours of my recovery, thanks to my HP & AA.
. Bobbi
Old 04-02-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I am in for another 24 please.

9:58pm CT

Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

In for 24!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Going for another 24 hours at 10:08p CST.

Congrats to ANewDayNYC, Peacehappyness, and Alysheba on reaching new milestones! I am always inspired daily by you all. To celebrate, we have a triple chocolate mousse cake. Keep up the great work!

Kaneda-
Old 04-02-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
p***enger

Where's Soberleigh -- does anyone know?
Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm glad to be checking in sober!

8:51 PM in the Salish Sea.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

24 again for me
Old 04-02-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Happy Easter weekend to all

In for 24 please, 06:53 - Team GB!
Old 04-02-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
All the best to the milestoners, keep striving forward.

It's been a sad 24 hours and I am in a rather sombre mood. An old friend that I have not seen for many years unexpectedly died a few nights ago. He was not an alcoholic. Just a normal guy, fit for his age (ski instructor) and had no medical problems. Simply died at the dinner table. The coroner is still investigating the cause of death. He left behind a wife and 3 children. I hadn't seen him for more than 20 years as I have lived overseas and returned back to my home town 2 years ago. So, I must be honest and say that he was not a close friend in recent times. We went to school together and hung out during university days. There were some really fun camping trips we went together in his beaten up 4WD that I have fond memories of to this day. I had always meant to catch up with him and there were a few opportunities through events with mutual friends. But I never did as I was too selfish, too concerned with what he would think of me as an alcoholic, too lazy. Now, I will never have that chance to see him.

As well, I learnt last night that the ex-secretary of my home group who was sober for 2 years and had a relapse, hasn't decided whether he wanted a sober life anymore. I feel frustrated about what to do. I know that the decision must be his if he wants to recover.

It's a sharp lesson that we are not in control of our destiny. How precious are our lives and how we must appreciate this no matter what our circumstance. Also never ever to take our sobriety for granted. It is not an entitlement but hard work.

Another 24 hours of loving kindness, compassion and sobriety please. Its 9:18am here.

Will try to be happier soon !!
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Your post reminded me that life is short and of this quote : "That thing you want to do? You should go do it. Now."

Be good to yourself.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you Strategery! Chocolate mousse is my fav and in cake form, yum!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Day 17. Finally beginning to shift this cough and cold that's been bothering me for nearly 2 weeks and sleep! Precious sleep! I'm feeling almost human again. Almost.

Overcast and drizzly this morning in my neck of the woods but the birds are singing a beautiful chorus despite the gloom so I have a smile on my face and am grateful that I have another day of sobriety ahead of me.

It's 7.07 in the UK and I'll have me another 24.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
Glad to be walking with you my friend.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning all. It's 7.05 am in England. Day 13 for me. Friday is my hardest day of the week usually but so far I'm feeling just fine.

Got plans to go visit a house with my sister who is going through a divorce and then time with my H shopping for a new fireplace. I may hit an AA meeting tonight too.

I'm sorry to hear about all your sad news Kaneda. Thinking of you.

Happy to be walking this path with you all xxx
Old 04-03-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Toots in for 24 more please
Old 04-03-2015, 01:02 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Congrats to all newcomers and I'll have another 24 in Maryland today.