Notices

Class of February 2015

Old 02-05-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ting View Post
Lilac! That's horrible. Power to you for sobering on! I almost find it easier to not drink over bad stuff then drinking over good stuff. When all is good it's easier for me to pick up a drink because my guard is down. When bad stuff happens I'm more inclined to fight the AV. Saying that.... Made it day 5! But here comes the weekend... My friend just called and said Do want to come out tonight? Get the babysitter and we will go get massages, go to dinner then go watch some jazz at this club with some lovely fun people I just met. We can get a little motel room so we don't have to drive home and can sleep in without kids. Me: oh that sounds fun! Then I remembered that I wasn't drinking and thought I would last until dinner before I succumbed to the booze. It's hard to say no to such invitations but I know I can't kick cravings in that environment. Looks like TV chocolate and bed instead. Need to hold onto the thought of a fresh Saturday morning hangout with my kids doing things they want to do instead of nursing a hangover and just meeting their needs. Grrr weekends are a bit scary.... --------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
You've got this ting! We WILL make it thru the weekend!!! Our lives depend on it!
Old 02-05-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Day 3 completed. The morning was ok, but I had a very stressful afternoon (family drama ). I practiced breathing exercises and affirmations. At around 2pm things were really stressful. I went for a 30 minute walk...under the freezing rain! I think between the fresh air and having to be very careful not to step on ice, it got me completely distracted from the cravings. Actually I came home soaking wet but feeling great! In the evening I had my first real meal in ages (steamed chicken and veggies). Now I'm getting ready for a nice long shower. Life is good
You're doing this!!! WE are doing this! Yay!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

On to day 5. Strange 'sleep' with a weird dream so not feeling rested. If anything I'm feeling quite irritable.

I think today could be a struggle. Hairdressers at 10am and then nothing. Ho hum :-(

Have a good day all
Old 02-06-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Morning all, got up early today and it felt so good to be hangover free and fresh, did some readings and got things ready for my two daughters who are staying over tonight, planning on getting to an AA meeting at lunchtime, starting to feel human again on day 8.

Had a text off a drinking friend last night asking me to go with him to watch football tomorrow, Im happy to ay Im not tempted- it felt good to reply that I couldn't as Ive got my girls staying with me, also chipped in with, 'anyway, I don't drink anymore....!'

Also got a call from ex yesterday and had an adult civilised conversation for a change! Ive told her that I accept that she's met someone else and just want whats best for the kids, Its hard but I feel that a line has been drawn on the relationship now and I can focus on getting well and maintaining my sobriety, still have twinges of jealousy and loneliness but I know for my sobriety I need to stay away from new relationships for at least 6months. It feels empowering to actually make positive decisions- in the past Ive just drank and waited for others to make decisions for me!!!

Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Had a bit of a wobble earlier (posted a thread on it) but through that. Loads of sage advice on here.

Got a new hairstyle, heavy duty garden stuff to get my jungle sorted (it's cold and damp out so it may just be as much as buying the tools for a few weeks!), went round loads of shops and avoided alcohol, walked in my front door and saw my stickys up there (one for each sober day) and know that another one will be on my success panel come tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good day x
Old 02-06-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Talking Joining in from Central Australia

Give me another month, free of lies and stress
tomorrow is day 21 for me, wowsy, feeling great though I discovered that my AV is a sneaky bastard, even talking to me in my dreams!
But I am not going to give in I refuse!
Old 02-06-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I am going to quit my K MART Job I am sick and tired of it, lifting heavy boxes all day, managers stressing me to the point I want to scream!
Day 20 of my recovery my boss and manager know. They are understanding, but I feel I have to start with a clean slate.
My whole 8 months there have been going to work with a massive hangover, every day!
Working at the registers just reminds me of how hung over I always was bagging in the money in the tills.
(BTW, my main job is Professional photographer, but competition has become so insane here in town we have 20 photographers in a town of 27000. 8 years ago I was the only one. So I am forced to have a second job to pay the mortgage.)

I have a job interview this Tuesday with a security company at the airport, easy job, no physical work. GREAT! Easy earned money. Same pay.
I want to start all over. New job, sober, maybe I should change the colour of my hair? I am def. not a girly girl, not a tomboy either just in between, never wear make up though.
I feel I should get some highlights in my hair, just something different, something new, to celebrate my new me.
A lady at the doggy park today who had not seen me all week (I go every day lol) told me I had lost weight by the looks of it. Didn't look as bloated as last week.(Only one kilo, lady in 3 weeks) but never the less, felt good to hear that because beer made me fat.

I am ready for this month. tomorrow the 18th 3 weeks yay.

Thank you for supporting me and I hope one day I will be "wise" and strong enough to give advise back.
Thank you.
J
Old 02-06-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

On to Day 4...barely! I really wanted to drink last night after the emotional upheaval of Wednesday night and yesterday. So many questions about my career, financial security, my marriage. The answers will only be revealed to me with a clear head not clouded by the haze of alcohol.

So glad for encouragement here on SR!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Day 4! I am going to a 1:30 AA meeting today and then exercising. I also have some things to do around the house and I may reward myself with my favorite carryout tonite! I'll get it for my kids and hubby too! Onward!!! There's no turning back! Don't drink no matter what guys!

Great job lilac! I'm so glad you didn't drink!!!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
TXT

Old 02-06-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I'm heading out - need to be with my friends. But if I start feeling tempted, I'm going to leave straight away.

Wish me luck . . .
Old 02-06-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TXT View Post
Hi TXT and welcome

Are you ok? x
Old 02-06-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AGAGONNHOJ View Post
I'm heading out - need to be with my friends. But if I start feeling tempted, I'm going to leave straight away.

Wish me luck . . .
Good luck x
Old 02-06-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Day 7 and its the weekend ...

Hello to everyone
Day 7 and really pleased to be on course. Still absolutely tired out just getting 3 hours sleep then up and down all night. At least no more night sweats they were horrible. I can't wait for a potential lay in tomorrow. My fridge looks so empty with no wine! but drinking lots of fizzy water. I do feel better in myself and am so much calmer. No socializing for me this weekend though - its just too early. Once i get some sleep and feel in a good place I want to make a plan to get out and do stuff and not sit in front of the TV missing my wine glass - any ideas??

Good luck to all for a sober weekend!
Old 02-06-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I slept through the night for the first time in a long time.
No sweating, no waking up every two hours in panic, no shakes.
I am so grateful!
Old 02-06-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Nightmares!!! Ugh!!! Early sobriety sucks!

Great job Patricia! Keep going!

Lucy, I fill all my extra time now with AA meetings (which REALL help!), walking my dog, hanging with my kids and organizing & cleaning my house. Maybe one of those things will help?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

I'm still going strong. Work has kept me so busy that I haven't psoted much on SR. I have been reading & coming in, just not posting much.

I made an executive decision today....I hired a housekeeper. I find myself struggling to maintain my home with 3 dogs, a 3 year old, a full time job, & a husband (who also works full time). We just don't have time to clean & neither one of us wants to spend the entire weekend cleaning. I have decided housekeeping will no longer be a source of stress or frustration for me. The hubs will not be happy initially, but I think he will warm up to the idea as he notices how much more free time we have with less cleaning to do.

Serenidad: I am so proud of you, girl! Stay the course, you can do this!!
Old 02-06-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Despite my early wobble it's been another successful day. I helped a friend at a youth club tonight and on the way home nearly stopped off for a small bottle if wine - one of those individual drink ones but didn't as I know one if those tonight would become a big bottle tomorrow. My potential future sober is worth more than a quick hit tonight x
Old 02-06-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hello everybody,

I'm almost through Day 1 here, and signing on to the class. I've had the idea in the back of my head since I joined the site in december, but couldn't get though the holidays sober. You know how those can be, with a lot of "mandatory" parties and get-togethers, with basically lots of drinking all around. Certainly not a good environment for someone starting sobriety!

Thanks, see you all tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Don't think I posted here yet today. One of those days. Nothing bad, just busy. And sober. I have a book club meeting tonight that will offer some temptation, but at least one of the people attending does not drink so I know that I won't get any flak about my choice of club soda or water. We also have another member (eight in total in the club) who is on a business trip and won't be there tonight who doesn't drink so I'm not concerned about remarks being made. Not that they would sway me.