Old 11-30-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Keep on keepin on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (51.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 11-30-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=TopEndChick;5047610]I am fully realising that more ACCOUNTABILITY is something that I need to create in my life. Same, no kids, no boyfriend, live alone. And yes, it's in my head. I was experiencing zero physical cravings on Friday night when I made the decision to drink. I hear you

Perhaps the people with no accountability can begin PM'ing eachother, nothing crazy, just a check in, so we are accountable to someone.
Let me know!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Been working hard all week. And weekend now I'm having bad AV while sitting here watching tv and my husband is away out for band practice later so this is going to be hard.

Hope everyone is ok? Hope to see u all tomorrow
Old 11-30-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 439trish View Post
TopEndChick, JSBodhi,

I am in the same camp, live alone, no kids, just my dog--no boyfriend, work schedule that is condensed into 3 nights a week

almost no accountability--but I don't want to die from this disease and I am very sure that if I were to continue that is what would happen...

I don't think I really believed that until recently....had too much of the "secret drinking" going on - which makes my denial that much stronger, like if nobody knows it isn't really happening-and it really isn't hurting me

but it really is

Yup me too, secret drinking, I also only realized how bad it has gotten.
PM anytime
Old 11-30-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
I second that. No live-in partner at the moment, no kids, no roommate. And I had a slip again. Don't want to go into details, but now is day 3...again. I could have come back right after, but I figured it wouldn't help as I already were motivated to start over and get out of the sweating and shaking....again.

What I need is accountability for the days to come. When I am more predispost to giving in to my AV.

I can get it by posting here some, but I figured it ain't enough...since I'm in my hometown now, I even moved in with my parents for some time now. Just to make sure I can't fall into a huge binge without anyone noticing. Sigh. Well, whatever it takes now.

Give me a PM anytime
Old 11-30-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Ok! Day 6! Feeling good, didn't want to drink yesterday, ( first day that happened) probably because I didn't work or have to drive, was just happy and relaxed. Though I was so hungry, i ate ate ate all day, was so tired too, I think I could have slept another 5 hours or so this morning.
Anyway, have a good day everyone! Keep up the good fight! Xoxo
Old 11-30-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Been working hard all week. And weekend now I'm having bad AV while sitting here watching tv and my husband is away out for band practice later so this is going to be hard.

Hope everyone is ok? Hope to see u all tomorrow
Bad work days are the worst aren't they!!
But it's not worth it, it won't help, it'll just make it worse.
Play the tape through!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks JS. Yeah I need to repeat that the coke in my hand is all I need. Maybe later might put up Xmas tree hmm bit early but what the heck!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Thanks JS. Yeah I need to repeat that the coke in my hand is all I need. Maybe later might put up Xmas tree hmm bit early but what the heck!
Good idea! Isn't christmas wonderful?!?! I love it!
Or get some candy, it's really helped me, candy and tea! Give it a try.
I like those gummy candies from 7-11, do you know the ones?? Very tasty
Old 11-30-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Yeah o think I will get something sweet I know also why Av is being a bitch. I haven't eaten today. My eating disorder has been playing up since giving up drink.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 21. Everybody hold on to the side of the boat and we'll pull you back in.

Looking forward to seeing everyone from the November as we move into December. Have a safe and restful day!
Old 11-30-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
Don't beat yourself up on this one Magellan. As far as relapses go it was very modest right? But only if you don't do it again....if it leads to another drink then it was a disaster so all the power is still with you.....
Thanks UBN, very, very modest - right back at it with new introspection. No disaster today
Old 11-30-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi apple, good to see you. I've been very "slippery" over the holiday too, but I'd like to stick with this class if possible. That's great about your kids...I have a 3 year old niece, and she's excited about everything. I absolutely love that age.

GroundHog, I feel you. I've had many bumps since I joined here in SR. I haven't had a hangover since August, which is heaven for my AV. I'm looking forward to getting back to work and "normalcy" tomorrow. It will be much easier to stay on track.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
I would say that this is a major contributor. When you are active and used to physical activity and then stop the body misses all those endorphins rushing around.Also it knocks out your routine and thirdly takes away some of that feeling of accomplishment. Is there any project that you can take on for the remaining time that you will not be able to teach? Something to help fill the void and feel good about?
Actually, I have made a decision to start taking some classes at a community college in between the classes that I teach, once I'm back in my feet of course. So if nothing else... This rest period has forced me to think. Thinking is something I'm trying others "not" to do so there is a certain irony in this lol. My teacher, friend, who guided me through my training so long ago has been forever telling me to slow down. To rest. That I do too much. I'm trying to honor the rest part really. But it's hard for me lol. Thank you for your suggestion! I'll think on that now too.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Kensho View Post
Hi, Gypsy.

Ah, I misunderstood. And you are a very gracious person.

Hi Kensho
Old 11-30-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I see I missed a lot yesterday. I also see a lot of support for each other! This is a wonderful group and my understanding is the thread stays the same, same title, same peeps... Just moving to a different area of the board. So... We stay together!!! No matter what.

No one ever regrets not drinking. ~ Applekat

Just say no. ~ Nancy Reagan?

F uck alcohol. ~ me
Old 11-30-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Our Thanksgiving dinner on Black Friday went well. My 14 year old son cooked the turkey and most everything, supervised my 16 year old son with minor prep work and all was good. No family drama. No alcohol. But... Unexpected talk from my neices about drinking and hangovers and my sister laughing it up and encouraging the stories. Ugh! I was uncomfortable enough to leave the table and go rest my leg up on the coffee table away from the conversation. It didn't trigger any cravings, rather solidified my resolve. Other than that and my oldest daughter having to work, it was a nice dinner.

Yesterday I had to make a trip to the Apple store at the mall to get my iPad looked at (charging issues, sound issues)... Yes on one of the busiest shopping weekends lol. My partner had some patients first though so I got to hang out at my teachers studio (where I teach too) and see some people. That was good for me. Once at the mall, Apple fixed my prob and my oldest was working at her store location there so she met us and we went out for Indian. Yesterday was a very good day physically up and out, emotionally & spiritually.

Day 35 for me .
Old 11-30-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Had another dream last night about alcohol. My AV is very sneaky - the dream involved me drinking whiskey in my room. In my dream, I somehow accidentally drank the whiskey from an unmarked cup. And then the AV said "since you already broke the streak - you might as well continue to drink". It felt really real. When I woke up I felt relieved, since I don't keep alcohol in my room I knew it was a dream.

Last night, I went to the bar with my friends and just drank soda. A soda at the place was only a $1, where the beers were like $7 so I also saved a lot of money. Glad to be a week sober.

Thank you for everyones support - SR helps me a great deal.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hi all. Will catch up on posts later.

Just wanted to check in
Old 11-30-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Perhaps the people with no accountability can begin PM'ing eachother, nothing crazy, just a check in, so we are accountable to someone.
Let me know!
why not just post - that way we can all be accountable to each other?

D