Notices

24-Hour Recovery Connections Part 25

Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire View Post
24 more glorious hours, please.

My "baby" (13 yr old) is having oral surgery today. 3 teeth pulled & 2 "exposed." I'm a teeny bit nervous since there is anesthesia involved but I have faith in the surgeon. I'll sit patiently in the waiting room reading SR.

High fives for those celebrating today. Hugs to those who are struggling. If you're here though, it's a celebration so high fives & hugs all around!

7:59 a.m. in Dallas.
I think it is harder to be in the waiting room than being the one having surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery and for peace and calm over you during this time.

I'm in for today. Loving life and all it has to offer.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Congrats Resolv and Tgirl!!

10:44 from da Burg. Gotta get back to work, I've been hiding long enough. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 11-18-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
learning to live

Good Morning Everyone xoxox. Almost 10 AM in the Midwest and I am signing up for another blessed 24.

Yesterday was outta nowhere one of those bad days. I cant pin point it but I felt it completely. I know bad days are gonna come and pass as quickly as they come. I gotta take the bad days to get the good etc. But man they are so hard to deal with when you cant break that funk!

Anyway, I got better mood wise around 6 then I go to the basement to do some cleaning. You know who showed up? AV that little Bast@@@ OUTTA FREAKING nowhere! He didn't even try to use the let's just have two bit this time. He was like "lets get wasted and sleep away tomorrow" He even had me planning and thinking about it! Grrrr! It pissed me off!

This past week was pretty easy for me to avoid drinking as a drink itself disgusted me to the max. I guess this little monkey will always be on my shoulder. I thought I was moving so much closer to acceptance and being OK with not drinking!!! I have to admit it scared the crap outta me!! I need to vamp up my recovery. I think some sort of face to face fellowship needs to be included. I just need to get off my butt and do it! Thank goodness for my roomie who basically told me nope, no way and reminded me why I am staying sober. I cant lie it scares me if they were not here what the heck woulda happened. My mind was there

The AV scares me but I have to remember ultimately I DECIDE AND CHOOSE if I drink. Last night I cant really pinpoint what set the jerk off. I do know I was hungry and I had a pretty poor me kinda day. I have no routine and nothing to wake up for job wise at the moment so I think AV feeds off of that too. I do better with routine.

It freaks me out, I cant lie BUT I can not live like a hermit I have to live life and learn to deal with these situation and not let them scare the living outta me! Today I am going to find some type of fellowship that is face to face.

Any advice peeps?^^^^

Anyway, learning experience to add to the toolbox at 31 days sober

Quotes for the day:
"the problem with sobriety is you have to do it awhile before life starts changing for the better" from a wise SR member

"Success depends on the second letter U"

"If you cant be consistent you will never get to your goals, be all in or all out"

"if at first you don't succeed, you're in good company"

"sometimes you have to step outside, take a deep breath and remember who you want to be in the future"

"this moment in time by no means defines your potential and life story"

"for every choice we make we set a cycle of energy and consequences into action"

"the struggle you are in today is building the strength you need for tomorrow"

I have love for you all and thank you so much for all you bring to my life <3
Old 11-18-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Congrats to Tgirl and Resolv for living sober in recovery from our illness.

growpath go to an AA meeting 20 minutes b/4 it starts and talk to the early members cause they need you as much as you need them and love will chase away the bad day.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Tgirl and Resolve
Old 11-18-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
learning to live

thanks grt grandpa. I found a meeting today and am going to go. I will go early too! good idea! I have to do whatever it takes, I am not going to drink again!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Stay Strong Growpath. We're all with ya!

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

Resolv
4 months (yesterday)!!!!

Tgirl
17 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all those sober today!

Sending good thoughts for HeartsAfire and your daughter.

Asking for 24 more by the Grace of God.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
I think it is harder to be in the waiting room than being the one having surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery and for peace and calm over you during this time.

I'm in for today. Loving life and all it has to offer.
Thanks everyone. He made it & so did I. I was slightly caught off guard when they took me back to see him after as he was wild-eyed & crying. This child NEVER cries. Come to find out, crying is a fairly common side effect of anesthesia. I had no idea. It took a while for him to come out of it but he finally did & we headed off to Braums for a malt. He just asked for mashed potatoes so I fixed them & set him up on the couch for the rest of the day. Whew!

I was reflecting on the way home how grateful I am for my sobriety. I can not imagine waiting for him while hung over and/or contemplating how I could sneak some drinks to "calm my nerves" this afternoon. The thoughts of that alone made my knees weak & me sick to my stomach. Then I reminded myself I never have to feel that way again. Hallelujah!

Have a fabulous sober day everyone!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

HeastsAFire, glad to hear that your son made it through his surgery so well!!!!!

A malt and mashed potatoes - yum.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Growpath, Kris's quote is spot-on.

Hugs; stay strong; you are going to make it!!!!! You are proving it every day.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm glad everything turned out well, HeartsAfire!

Growpath, I'm glad you stuck to your guns when you were really under fire! Good work! May today be a better day!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, signing in for 24 more.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Avra!

Kris, I really like your saying today, too.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by growpath View Post
Good Morning Everyone xoxox. Almost 10 AM in the Midwest and I am signing up for another blessed 24.

Yesterday was outta nowhere one of those bad days. I cant pin point it but I felt it completely. I know bad days are gonna come and pass as quickly as they come. I gotta take the bad days to get the good etc.

The AV scares me but I have to remember ultimately I DECIDE AND CHOOSE if I drink. Last night I cant really pinpoint what set the jerk off. I do know I was hungry and I had a pretty poor me kinda day. I have no routine and nothing to wake up for job wise at the moment so I think AV feeds off of that too. I do better with routine.

It freaks me out, I cant lie BUT I can not live like a hermit I have to live life and learn to deal with these situation and not let them scare the living outta me! Today I am going to find some type of fellowship that is face to face.

Anyway, learning experience to add to the toolbox at 31 days sober

Quotes for the day:
"the problem with sobriety is you have to do it awhile before life starts changing for the better" from a wise SR member

"Success depends on the second letter U"

"If you cant be consistent you will never get to your goals, be all in or all out"

"sometimes you have to step outside, take a deep breath and remember who you want to be in the future"

"this moment in time by no means defines your potential and life story"

"for every choice we make we set a cycle of energy and consequences into action"

"the struggle you are in today is building the strength you need for tomorrow"
You got this, GrowPath. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. Take it slow & steady & remember consistency is key. Read & re-read those quotes of yours.

I too am discovering that right now I must remain ever-vigilant. Yes, we've got some good sober days & time under our belts (you w/31 & me w/94), but we're also still so new at this. Vigilance & consistency are the answers for now. That stupid AV is cunning as hell and patient too which can be a lethal combination. But it's not more powerful than our desire to not drink!!

Shoring up your recovery plan is an excellent idea. I stand in awe of your commitment & resiliency.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
orangutan

Congratulations Resolv and Tgirl!

Welcome Avra.

In for a steaming HOT day here it's 7.21 am in Auss and I am already sweating.

DAY 17
Old 11-18-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm in for another 24 hours sober.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Congratulations Resolv and Tgirl! Growpath, you can do this! As the workday comes to an end, I'm doing my usual reading up on here to make sure I make this 24 hour commitment a successful one.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Good evening everyone? As to bar handles, I'm completely clueless but wrong assumptions say...well y'all know;Pwahahaha
Growpath! Can you PLEASE be my sponsor? Those quotes are great esp the one bout struggle
Still sober here in MD & even though past few days have been mental toture, have no desire to pick up! Another day pls
Old 11-18-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Congrats to the milestoners for today !

Another 24 hours of calm,wisdom and sobriety pls ! Its 9:22am here !
Old 11-18-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Welcome back, Avra!

Kris, I really like your saying today, too.
Thanks, "Glimmer."

I need to remind myself of things everyday, too.

Welcome Back, Avra! We're all doing this TOGETHER>