Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 3

Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Fishcakes, I would be pissed too!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

I stopped expecting normal people to understand my alcoholism fishcakes.

Normal people expect that being around drinkers wont bother you cos it doesn't bother them....

Normal people think you can have one drink and then stop cos they can...or normal people think you can drink one night and then not drink again...

Normal folks tend to rationalise that time I fell through the coffee table or fell down the stairs drunk or whatever must have been exceptional situations.

You know and I know - We all know - they were not

D
Old 11-03-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi all I keep forgetting about this thread - I must make more of an effort to join in
Well, catipuss had me awake most of last night (shes still a kitten really) so I ended up falling asleep in front of the TV at 6pm. Missed all my favourite programmes, but that's not a problem. Am now WIDE AWAKE at 2.50am. SO awake i could paint the walls if I hadn't just done them. Luckily, I work from home, so can do that at any hour of the day or night and I'm actually loving the peace and quiet at this hour.
When I was a student, I always started essays at 11pm and worked through - less distractions, so I guess I've always been a bit of a night-owl.

Well, that's enough waffling from me - hope you're all ok x
Old 11-03-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Wow venuscat! I'm so impressed with you're strength and determination at staying the course even in the face of such adversity. I'm pretty new here, but after reading everyone's stories, I'm even more proud to be an Octsober lady!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

venuscat my thoughts and prayers are with you. Im glad you are here with us.

I'm off to bed! See you all tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Guys ~ I didn't stay the course.
I was about 19 months sober.
What I have learned is that there is nothing I can't get through sober, but there is no way I can cope with anything if I am drinking.

It is only because of amazing friends here that I got sober again and came back.
It is only because of the love and support I have received here, that I am finding the courage to get through this.

I'm borrowing my strength from the collective.

V xx
Old 11-03-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Oh ((((Venus)))) I had no idea sweetheart, that you were going through all that. Here for you anytime!! X x x x
Old 11-03-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Ok. Hell-cat has decided I can go back to sleep now, so take care and see you all in a few hours x x
Old 11-03-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
now's the time

((((((((((venus))))))))))

That is so much to handle, but you are one incredible woman. You've been through a lot in the last couple years and always kept the love flowing. I'm so proud of you for coming back and putting your head back up and facing this all. So much love to you.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I'm borrowing my strength from the collective.
The cool thing about borrowing strength from SR friends is that it makes us all stronger. It squeezes all of our broken pieces back together.

I'll be sending thoughts of healing and restoration your way, Venus. You're going to come through this stronger than ever, love.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:33 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Roll Call

Sparkos. Present and sober
Popeye2014. Present and sober
Strongandsober present and sober
Fishcakes4 present and sober
Fantail present and sober
ChickChick present and sober
Fromadistance present and sober
Stevie1 present and sober
Venuscat present and sober
FacingFuture present and sober
Arbor8 present and sober
Conquest present and sober
Ellay present and sober
Ironwoman present and sober
Chiffon present and sober
Old 11-04-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning my Octsober friends from a fresh, beautifully clear start in Ireland. It perfectly matches my mood.

Firstly, welcome Ellay, looking forward to getting to know you better. Please post often.

Ironwoman, how on earth did you manage to compete in such a demanding high endurance sport whilst drinking so much? Your PB times will come tumbling down you're doing it sober. Yet another motivation for your continued sobriety.

Fantail, my fingers are still firmly crossed for you. I hope you post news soon as the've gone numb and are beginning to turn black!

Sorry to hear of your insensitive Bff Fishcakes. Maybe it simply was a case of being insensitive to our frailness in early stage sobriety. Try not to feel angry. I was talking to my addiction counsellor about the subject last week, and he said that nobody could MAKE him angry. He reserved the power to choose that he could feel angry if HE wanted to. Remember that anger can be a powerful relapse trigger, so reserve that power to yourself. Don't give it to other people.

Oh Venuscat, my dear. I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. It must have ben incredibly difficult to learn that from your doctor. The C word scares us all. In true Venuscat fashion, you refused to continue to shrivel up and feel sorry for yourself in substances. You fought back and you're here. Your such a stong character and an inspiration. I'm sure we'll all be rooting for you. (Not in the Aussie sense!)(Well, maybe that way too)

Stop down playing your achievements Fromadistance. Taking the trash out with no clanging bottles is right up there in my book. Can't let the ladies get all the glory in this class!

Every body else, love you all to bits. So proud to be a member of an incredibly strong team.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Ok...i resisted for days and days...but.....it was no use fighting it.... I just HAD to buy some FISHCAKES!! Very nice they are too
Old 11-04-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

But were they slender fishcakes????
Old 11-04-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

'Birds eye' ones in breadcrumbs Do you have those in Oz? And mushy peas to go with them - heavenly
Old 11-04-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Yes, we have Birds Eye here...I think mushy peas is a Yew-Kay thing though...

V xx
Old 11-04-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Oh wow - where is he from?
My cousin is getting married over there next year - she went over from Ireland for 6 months 2 years ago lol Be warned - I'll be descending on you all for the wedding SO excited, can't wait
Old 11-04-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chiffon View Post
Oh wow - where is he from?
My cousin is getting married over there next year - she went over from Ireland for 6 months 2 years ago lol Be warned - I'll be descending on you all for the wedding SO excited, can't wait
Huh?
Who's he?
Old 11-04-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

^^^ Oops....my fault...I edited. Dad is a Londoner, West End. My mum was a Scot.
And I have dual citizenship, and have kind of always considered myself an Aussie Brit.

And I can't wait till you descend on us Chiffon love...Hopefully I can get to meet you! ♥

V xx
Old 11-04-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Huh?
Who's he?
Whoever you want him to be (she said mischieviously)