Class of October 2014 Part 3

Old 11-03-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Slender November, lol conquest.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hello all

Managed the weekend sober yay me lol it helped that I had a horrible cold and felt to wrotten to go out.

Hope everyone is doing OK
Old 11-03-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I hate the name countrygirl2014. I made it last march when I quit for all of 12 hours. It sounds like I'm on a bad dating site. I was probably **** drunk when I signed up.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

OK Ms countrygirl...time for a new username.

(But that was funny, re the dating site...)

You have to keep your avatar though; it's awesome!!!

Love V xx
Old 11-03-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Slender November, like the sound of that, LOL. It would be nice to drop some weight. Day 17 here, another productive weekend gone by with the help of SR.

Countrygirl, the mods can change your screenname, just send a PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
Welcome!

Slender November, lol conquest.
I ate doughnuts for dinner, girl. The madness must stop! Lol
Old 11-03-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

That's my pup Venus. He's a silly guy.
I guess I better think of a more fitting name then.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Doughnuts for dinner!!!!! Omg. I can't stop eating either. I cut all this pepperoni and cheese up for everyone and they were interested in it for all of 10 minute. Then they left me alone with it. Gone.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Happy Monday octsobers, you're all doing so well! Even phoebe - girl you are determined and still in the fight, you'll get this.

Popeye, WTG on a week! Venuscat and Conquest, you're so encouraging and cheerful, keep it up. ChickChick, countrygirl - proud of you both.

fantail, I'd become a pathetic mostly solitary drinker of late, and parties wouldn't be a problem because I wouldn't drink, not even tempted, because once I started I had no control and I'd make a spectacle of myself. But before any outing I'd make sure I had a stash of liquor in my car so I could start drinking as soon as I left. Smart, yah. Thanks God I've never been pulled over. Anyway, I'd either skip parties for this season, or make it very public you're not drinking. If you don't want to 'fess up the real reason, make up a story about being on some sort of medication or something like that.

Yesterday I decided not to work, which would normally be dangerous. I spent most of the day alone, raking leaves and puttering around the house - I did go shopping and bought myself new undies, new socks and a couple of books, as a present for myself. In the morning I had a thought which stayed with me all day - I don't want to drink. I, me, the healthy and better part of myself, wanted to go to bed sober. That thought stuck with me all day. Even when one of my two drinking friends called me about 3 pm and asked if I'd run over to her house with a bottle and hang out. I told her straight up no; I was wringing out my liver for the time being. Made myself a nice little dinner of spicy curried lentils in coconut milk (followed by :ahem: a frozen Snickers bar), drank a ginger soda and some water, went to bed and read myself to sleep.

This is a new feeling for me. That I don't have to drink. And since I really, actually don't want to, it doesn't even have to be an option. I don't have to fight urges because ...I don't want to get drunk! (She - that nasty, stupid, AV she) might want to but she's not me, and her urges are not mine. I feel like a weight has lifted, I feel lighter. I hope this feeling sticks. Reading a lot of secular stuff about getting sober (RR, CBT theories, mindfulness, AVRT,) and working at it from that angle.

Anyway, enough of my blathering. I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!

Old 11-03-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Slender November count me in :-) could do with eating better and doing more exercise well any exercise to be honest.

Might just have to start tomorrow though think I had my quota of junk for the week at breakfast opps well my throat is still sore I needed icecream.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Welcome to starsnskies, BTW! Way to go on a week.

BrighterDayz, I'm about the same as you - I'm on day 16 or 17 (losing track, I'm not good with numbers.) My last drink was October 16, so however many days that is.

LOL @ doughnuts for dinner. I have probably not had a soda in decades (unless maybe with booze mixed in) because I loathe it. Suddenly I have become addicted to Vernors ginger soda. I noted with alarm the other day that each one had 200 calories and briefly felt bad about that. Then it occurred to me that I'd probably been drinking 2000 calories worth of alcohol daily and never bothered to worry about that. I actually hope to gain a bit of weight; besides eating a bit more sugary/sweet stuff now, I don't have much of an appetite. I think I ate more when I was drinking. One of my drunken activities was to cook elaborate and healthful vegetarian meals for myself and most of the time remember to eat what I cooked. And in the mornings, I'd feel so wretched that I craved fat and carbs to soak up the alcohol, so I'd eat eggs and bacon and toast and so on for breakfast. I'm having to make myself eat now.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
That's my pup Venus. He's a silly guy.
I guess I better think of a more fitting name then.
I can't change names, so send a PM to Anna, countrysidegirl

D
Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

^^^ countrysidegirl? LOL.

(It's pretty funny in here tonight...slender November, donuts for breakfast....just how many donuts I wonder )
Old 11-03-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Good morning all....and wow, a lot of love going around for a Monday ! I guess that's what it's all about. Has anyone seen zenchaser around? I don't like the thought of losing anyone from the class.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Administrator

Classes can be pretty fluid fromadistance...it's a fact of life to get used to round here, I'm afraid.

I do hope we hear from zenchaser and any other MIAs tho

D
Old 11-03-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hmm, quite a few people missing in action.
Hopefully they just dropped out when the thread moved from the Newcomers forum.
Hey! plainismike, Arbor, Kevin (the guy from Scotland if I got the handle wrong), zenchaser and the rest of you - holla back!
Old 11-03-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Stevie, I wanted to quote your earlier post starting where you stated 'this is a new feeling for me' but I don't know how to select just one part to quote. Anyway, that really made me smile ....good for you! It's great to think about being more comfortable in my own skin like that.
It's also good to know that screen names can be changed. I'm gonna choose something shorter one day.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

And I'm missing alexemk and jryan too.....I think they were part of the class.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
Stevie, I wanted to quote your earlier post starting where you stated 'this is a new feeling for me' but I don't know how to select just one part to quote. Anyway, that really made me smile ....good for you! It's great to think about being more comfortable in my own skin like that.
It's also good to know that screen names can be changed. I'm gonna choose something shorter one day.
I still feel very fragile - I have such a long history of relapsing! But so far so good, one day at a time.

To quote just a part of a post, use the quote button and then delete the extraneous verbiage.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

(((Stevie)))

Need to go to bed....wishing all of you a wonderful Monday.

And speaking from the future, it's looking good.

Nite all,

V xx ♥