Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 15

Old 10-18-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi CC !
Old 10-18-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad to see you back here Chick Chick - those first couple weeks are hard so remember to play the tape through....how is your support at home?

Really hope you post Rocks & let us know how you are doing...thinking of you

Really glad you like your therapist ST & that you continue to work on things. Hope you feel well soon & that the car is an easy fix.

Adna, I'm sorry that the guy has started contacting you again....I hope that your next talk with him does the trick....makes like uncomfortable for you when that's going on. Glad your daughter arrived safely

Yes, I would like to see a before & after of the dresser Freein, what a great project Will bring you much satisfaction when you finish, I'm sure.

Are you all settled into your new home Dee? Hope you are doing well.

Everyone else too, Kat, TS, Solilo, DD, Obo, Pan, GT, Stormi, Noolan
Old 10-18-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

And you UP

Well, I didn't get any painting done as I had some other things that needed taken care of & just wasn't up for the job today. I did get things purchased & gathered for the job, so will see what I can get done tomorrow.

I'm alone again tonight, no room mates, no Son.... just made a double strength chamomile tea with peppermint mocha. I thought about going out last night & thinking about it again tonight, but when I think it through, I think it not a good idea. I also think I am too young to be in bed on a Saturday night with a cup of tea....jeezz.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

ST, you sound like you're on a voyage of self discovery. I'm so pleased you have a therapist who you've connected with. You sound like you've made the decision to move forward, and nothing need stop you. It's great to hear your progress. Hope this darn cold shifts soon though.

Chickchick, how are you, it's great to hear from you.

Adna, I hope you can find the right approach with this fellow. Keeping things simple and unambiguous might be best,"please don't contact me again". If he doesn't stop, I wonder if you ought to get some advice from the police?

Tops and Mariah, I will try to take a photo of the dresser. At the moment it's in pieces. There's lots of woodworm so some bits need to be replaced. I sanded down one of the doors yesterday. I'm still not sure whether to paint the whole thing, or leave some bits natural. The doors are in fairly good condition and have a nice design on then, so I'm thinking of leaving them natural. It could look a bit odd, quirky, or trend setting! It remains to be seen. Anyway, it's fun to do, and hasn't cost anything (yet), so I'm letting my inner child come out to play.

I'm off to see my parents today,

See you all later.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Mariah, you haven't stayed in with a cup of just "tea". You've stayed in with "double strength chamomile tea with peppermint mocha" that's a whole different level, only a youthful person could take that!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Thanks Freen...I'm trying here...I don't wanna sound like I'm whining but after talking to the right people, I realized I've been thru hell and back...and my family situation is far from "normal"
I'm trying to learn to look at myself in a different way, cause the way I have been is completely wrong...I'm sticking with my medications as well...I'm not looking for miracles to take place either...
Old 10-19-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Sorry everyone e, it's going to take me a bit to catch up with everyone! I'm stuck using my phone to post because my laptop is having issues at the moment.
I'm doing ok, I wish I was further alo my in sobriety of course. I'm glad I'm working on it though. Whoever asked how support was at home.... it's not the best hubby says he will help but that only lasts until he wants some beer or until I say I want some and he's off to get it asap. I know that I really can't have it in the house at all to stay sober. I supposee I should talk to him about it a bit more and see if he can try to be more supportive.
I have a sick 8 yo at home today, so a lazy movie day for us here. I'll make sure to post this afternoon if cravings hit.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Today is day one. I'm feeling pretty embarrassed. Clearly my birthday was more of a trigger than I realized and I should have had a better plan for it.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Rocks, leave any embarrassment at the door and move onward and upward. Your next birthday is a whole year away, imagine how great you'll feel about yourself then, when you have 12 months of healthy sobriety under your belt!
Old 10-19-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Thanks freein. It's been a hard day.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Rocks and Chick...good to hear from you too ST
Hope everyone is doing ok as the weekend winds down

D
Old 10-19-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Glad you are here Rocks.
Made it through day 3. Only one small craving around 12:30 and that was more for a cigarette than beer so that's good. Had a nice super long walk with my 10 year old this afternoon and hubby watched the kids so I could relax in a bath for a while. All in all its been a good Sunday. I'm glad to be back here and sober.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you were able to take some time to relax Chick.....I think that is really important for us to do.

I'm glad your posting Rocks & ready to move forward....one day at a time.

Winding down here Sunday night.....wishing I had one more day at home tomorrow. I had a productive week-end though & had a very special date with my darling 4 year old Grandson today....He told me that he doesn't live with his Mom & Dad, but has a house in the woods & lives with a "nice" bear & go's fishing with Sasquatch. We went to Yogurt Hut & then to the park.....was a beautiful day! That little boy is a shining star

It is awful quiet here lately & hope everyone is doing OK - Good week to you all
Old 10-19-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

I'm up nice and early (well usual time for a work day I suppose), but the sky is clear and the stars are still bright. I can see Jupiter, and the Milky Way, it's amazing. I must get my telescope up and running again. I'd forgotten how much the night sky invigorates me.

I could look at it and marvel for hours, what an amazing creation we're part of.

I've just passed the half year milestone, 183 days of sobriety today!

It is most definitely worth the effort. I'm a much happier and healthier person (physically and mentally). I don't spend any time thinking about wasting precious time on booze, my mind is free to think about ways to improve my life, and my body is able to actually carry out the actions needed. I'm more motivated, energetic, giving, loving, content, self accepting, and willing to try new things.

If anyone is still wondering whether they really want to remove alcohol from their lives, then try to imagine a life where you feel capable of practically anything. No self inflicted barriers to the life you deserve. And no regrets, no little voice saying "wouldn't you rather have a drink?" Because that bit of your brain is also able to feel the beauty of sober living.

I know everyone is different and for some it may take less time, and for others it may take more time, but however long it takes its worth it, it really is.

It would be lovely to hear from our absent April friends, hope you're all doing well.

Blessings to all the April Fools today.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

The night sky invigorates me too!! It's amazing. And it's wonderful to hear how well you're doing, freein.

For me, I want to live a life where I have no barriers... but when I take away alcohol, I'm still left with my severe anxiety, which is a huge barrier in almost every area of my life. So, even after the huge step (which is really a long process) of taking alcohol out of my life, I am left with another stage of recovery from anxiety.... and then another from my ED....and then more and more and more.... and I'm starting with basically nothing and it sucks.

BUT!! I do have one friend and I'm meeting with her tomorrow. And I have many support groups and things.

Anyway, sobriety must be a wonderful thing. It's so hard to see that when you're still stuck in addiction, or only just trying to get out of it... I just finished day 2. Onward to day 3.... even though I just feel like drinking my life away at this point. I think once I have a week behind me it will be a tad bit easier (I know this because I just had a week, haha...)
Old 10-19-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys...Please join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-16-a.html

D