Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 10

Old 08-22-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Congratulations Casvina, six months for me too.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Way to go, Gazza; great accomplishment!!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Congrats Gazza!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Gazza & Casinva - Congrats on 6 months. I turn 6 months Saturday. It's not quite Saturday here yet.

Gazza - I'm impressed with how far you have grown spiritually. You have the most logical and hardworking approach to spirituality that I've ever encountered.

Cas - Sometimes I think you and I are the alcoholic version of the doublemint twins, with the way our anxiety and alcoholism wove themselves together. You and I are both getting back out there and enjoying life!

I'm so indebted to everyone on this thread, from the time it started six months ago, with all of you, for my sobriety. I'm grateful to you for sharing our sober journeys. Thanks for sharing here, listening and offering your advice.

I hope to work on staying in the present moment, stopping trying to predict the future, and using joyous, happy and free as the barometer for making my decisions.

Sending my love SL, LS, torn, dsober, diggingin, fabl, and to all Febbies current and past!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Congrats Gazza & Casinva! That makes 3 of us today.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

To hear people hitting six months puts a huge smile on my face, that is such a huge accomplishment guys, everything you've been through completely sober, just imagine the huge reserves of strength you're building in this sobriety. I read that it's a big physiological milestone too, that evil substance is now completely absent from your body and it will just get easier and easier from here.

You've climbed mountains here my friends.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hello February friends!
Just checking in to give a HUGE congratulations to Gazza, Casinva, Gleefan, and dSober on 6 months..WOW! When I think of the past 6 months, and all of my own ups and downs and back and forths with drinking, realizing that you guys just kept plugging along, fighting the fight and not giving in is a huge inspiration. I hope that you are as proud of yourselves as we are of you because it truly is a testament to your strength and commitment to yourself and the quality of your life.

As for me, with all of my stops and starts, to say that I am recommitted (again) sounds like an empty promise. Today is my third day without drinking, but within the past month alone, I 've had 3 days here and there as well as a week. I just keep realizing again and again how much better my life is without alcohol, and that the secret (for me) is to ride out the cravings and all that AV talk in my head at certain moments throughout the day/night. I have seen such incredible changes in myself and my life once alcohol is removed, it really is just a no-brainer. Bottom line...I refuse to give up! I will get there.

Love and friendship to all
Old 08-23-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Keep coming back... for a better life.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congratulations Casinva, Gazza, gleefan, and dsober on 6 months! That's HUGE!

Not much going on here other than baby is sick again. Sore throat, cough, runny nose, low-grade fever. The works! I'm so glad I'm sober and I can take good care of him. I really don't think I'd be 'present' enough to make the right decisions for him if I were drinking or hungover. I can only imagine what negligence and mistakes could be made if I continued to drink like I did and it makes me shudder!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

FABL it's great to see you! You can do this, take it one day at a time and just keep learning, I think that's the key to this, it's never going to be easy but it does get progressively easier if you keep learning.

I wish you all the peace and strength in the world, just come on here if you need help with anything.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I hope baby is bettersoon Lulu It's a nice feeling knowing that you're in full charge of your faculties when facing difficulties, stay strong and i'm sure baby will be well in no time

Sending strength
Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
FABL it's great to see you! You can do this, take it one day at a time and just keep learning, I think that's the key to this, it's never going to be easy but it does get progressively easier if you keep learning.

I wish you all the peace and strength in the world, just come on here if you need help with anything.

Ditto what LS said. And keep popping in here; we have missed you.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats, dSober on 6 months. Way to go, friend.!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

LS, what has the weather been like in the UK lately? Beginning August 29th, I am going to be in London and surrounding areas (day trip rail distance) for 10 days; then Keswick area for a couple of days; then Edinburgh area for several days; then Inverness area for several days before heading back to Edinburgh.

I can't wait; I just love the UK; spent quite a bit of time there in my 20s.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It gets very strange around this time we occasionally have lovely summer sun then heavy spring showers followed by winter cold winds then back to summer sun again

It's a lovely time of year really, I love how changeable the weather can be, I think i'm an Autumn sort of person

Are you here on business or pleasure?

I have the whole family around for the weekend it's proving to be much more stressful than I thought. I'm trying to think of it as practice though, everytime I feel stressed and hear the AV at the fringes of my consciousness I dig into my toolbox and can usually find something
Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

LuLu; sorry the babe has been sick; hope he is feeling well soon.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
It gets very strange around this time we occasionally have lovely summer sun then heavy spring showers followed by winter cold winds then back to summer sun again

It's a lovely time of year really, I love how changeable the weather can be, I think i'm an Autumn sort of person

Are you here on business or pleasure?

I have the whole family around for the weekend it's proving to be much more stressful than I thought. I'm trying to think of it as practice though, everytime I feel stressed and hear the AV at the fringes of my consciousness I dig into my toolbox and can usually find something
It is going to be a pleasure trip. I have been to the UK in April, May, July, November and December and know how the variable the weather can be. Bi am really a "low maintenance" kind of girl and try to pack lightly but variable skies can add to the weight of the suitcase.

Stay strong around your family; have an escape route in the back of your mind.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks, I have learned to take a step back in my mind if things begin to get too overwhelming or somebody upsets me, I just sort of take a breath in and centre myself, try to remind myself "It's not a big deal" and remember that as long as i'm sober, it doesn't really matter what happens. I look back on many events and remember the sobriety, not the stress of the situation.

While you're in England I highly recommend searching out something called 'Eccles Cakes', i've never been able to find them in any other country and it's something you have to try with a cup of proper English breakfast tea
Old 08-23-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Eccles Cakes! I will definitely try to find them! Thanks for the suggestion, LS.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Gleefan; congrats on Six Sober Months. Way to Rock the World!!!!