Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 12

Old 06-15-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

That's a great idea DD, level 6, is when we have to seek out some nasty virus and inhale deeply.

Sorry you're suffering with it still, it can only improve now. Hope you're able to get plenty of rest.

I have told people that I no longer drink, but to be honest most of them had no idea that I had a problem because I always drank in the evenings at home. So the conversation doesn't really get deeper than that.

Today I'm 8 weeks alcohol free, 2 months ago I would have thought I'd be really miserable about not indulging in my nightly "relaxation" yet here I am, feeling better about myself day by day, feeling strong, ready to live the rest of my life free from addictive substances, and looking forward to whatever the future might hold, whether good, bad or ugly.

I'm off to bed, so see all of you wonderfully, inspiring April Fools tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

We finally left camp and got back to where I have service. I want beer so bad I kind of want to throw a fit like a 2 year old. We are about 45 minutes from home..... A few to many gas stations on the way for my liking. I'll stay strong though.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi Fools,
Happy Father's Day to the dads and grandpas among us.
It was so cool to meet Mariah yesterday! A total surprise that really made my day. Thanks, Mariah.
Freein, I drink lots of coconut water, I love coconut in general, and it's really good. I especially like the kind with pulp in it. 8 weeks is Awesome!
Solitary, I'm so glad you had a good time last night, you deserved it. Your progress is a beautiful thing.
ChickChick, I hope your drive and lunch go well. You sound much more comfortable going into it this week than you did last week.
Up, Stormi, and 3777, congratulations on 9 weeks. You do us fools proud.
Diva, I've been telling some people, but not all of them. Every time I tell someone I feel a bit more liberated. I hope you feel better soon.
Panacea, moving is overwhelming, you're smart to take breaks from it to do something good for yourself. Good luck with all that packing.
AppleKat, I'm so glad you're in touch with 3777, please tell her I said hi. Your Father's Day crafting sounds like a lot of fun, I hope the recipients love what your kids made. My mom never did crafts with us, I think it's great that you do them with your kids.
Obosob, the movie was Gangs of New York, I thought it was pretty good. I hope you're sleeping well and having sweet dreams.
Lucrezia, I hope you're feeling better today, and that your plans went well.
Grandpa Top, I think you really are the only old dude here... I hope your day is going well so far.
Izzy, I bet Father's Day is a busy one in your house. I hope you are doing well.
I am done with all my obligations for the weekend, and am about to take a nap, not because of cravings, just because I want to. My friend who was taken off life support on Thursday is still with us, and miraculously is showing signs of responsiveness. I think he still faces a grim prognosis, but it sounds a lot better than it did.
I've caught 3 mice, I can't believe how squeamish I am about them, but they're just so gross. I bought 15 more traps today, I don't know if there are any more here, but I'm not taking any chances now.
Other than that, all is well with me. I'm proud of all of us for staying strong this weekend, we are an impressive bunch.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Made it home without beer. But when we got here our backyard was full if feathers and we found 5 dead chickens, one went missing during the week also. So this hasn't turned out to be the best day.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Chick - have a snack. Get those kids in bed. Bubble bath. Sleep. You CAN do this.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Sorry chickie Really proud of you for making it home! You can handle this too. Really sorry about your chickens
Old 06-15-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry about your chickens Chick.
I'm glad you didn't give into the Beer Monster tho

I hope everyone had a good Fathers Day

AK, tell 3777, if they want back in, to use the Contact us link to send an email to Anna
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/sendmessage.php

D
Old 06-15-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Sorry about your chickens
Old 06-15-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Sorry about your chickens chick, that's terrible.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I'm home and doing well, I don't wanna get down after such a good weekend but my moms really messed up, I was right...she drank and took adavant I think that's how you spell it, adavan or atavan, it's not in a bottle i don't know...I don't wanna start ranting, I was angry at first really pissed but I had a 3 hour drive home to think and cool down, I just feel sad more then anything, my stepfamily is here and everyone's outside laughing and having fun. And she's alone sleeping...she's not doing well
Old 06-15-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Chick - sorry about your chickens.

ST - sorry about your mom. BUT - feeling the emotions you are feeling - while it stinks, I think it's great that you are experiencing them instead of numbing them in a different way. You have become so strong. Thinking of you!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thinking of everyone <3 stay strong...I hate to admit to being so needy but I really wanna see my fiancé even tho I just saw her a few hours ago
Old 06-15-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Rough Day Chick Chick...I am sorry. Be good to yourself.

I'm having a hard time at the moment...not wanting to drink, just missing little dog so much. I have been keeping myself busy but now it is time to sit & rest & not having him here is so, so hard. Not sharing this for sympathy but just to help me get my feelings out & not "stuff" them away like I do. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Chick - sorry about your chickens. ST - sorry about your mom. BUT - feeling the emotions you are feeling - while it stinks, I think it's great that you are experiencing them instead of numbing them in a different way. You have become so strong. Thinking of you!
thanks apple, I need it today <3
Old 06-15-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
Rough Day Chick Chick...I am sorry. Be good to yourself. I'm having a hard time at the moment...not wanting to drink, just missing little dog so much. I have been keeping myself busy but now it is time to sit & rest & not having him here is so, so hard. Not sharing this for sympathy but just to help me get my feelings out & not "stuff" them away like I do. Thanks for listening.
its good your sharing for whatever reason, hang in there <3
Old 06-15-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm sorry ST - I know you worry about her & that would be really tough. ((hugs)) to you.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
I'm sorry ST - I know you worry about her & that would be really tough. ((hugs)) to you.
thanks Mariah and same ::hugs::
Old 06-15-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,
Just made it home from Laughlin. Today is 10 weeks sober for me... the last day I drank was also in Laughlin so I was terrified to go. But it turned out great! My hubby didn't drink either to support me and we stayed out all night gambling, went to see Jeff Dunham (comedian/ventriloquist) and had so much fun! It was really interesting being around a lot of drunk people while I was sober, and it helped solidify my resolve not to drink. I CAN have fun without booze! Whaddya know! Anyway, while we were there, my husband and I also made some pretty big decisions. We both decided we want to sell our house and move after our youngest son (16 now) graduates and goes off to college. I live in a very small town where my husband and I both grew up and both of our entire extended families live here too. We stayed so our kids could grow up here, too and be around family. But my entire family drinks... a lot. So since I am sober, we don't spend much time together, so what's the point in staying? We are also sick and tired of the weather here (we're up north by the Grand Canyon and the wind blows constantly, and the winters, believe it or not, are quite brutal). Now our little town is dealing with a water crisis because the town council mismanaged our city wells and reservoirs, so I can't even water my yard and all of my beautifull plants, shrubs and trees are dying. My lawn is toast. I am unhappy with my job, my husband quit his job, so I think we need to make this major change. I am just commpletely done with living here.

We are going to head south closer to Phoenix. I want a swimming pool and no snow. So we decided to stick it out for 2 more years here, then off we go!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear about your chickens chick. Glad you didn't give in.

sorry about your mom ST

It does take a while to get over the loss of a family member Mariah, pets are family members!

Seems like all of us, at least some of us, are having bad days. Praying that tomorrow is a better day for all of us.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone and awesome present! Good stuff! That's a nice moment to have that realization that it's not how you made it completely in your head kinda, I felt the same way this weekend too sorta, I was dreading going to a party atmosphere at first and ended up having a blast.

image-2701438880.jpg

image-1653506526.jpg

This is where the event was, haha an abandoned something, not really sure what, only a small portion of the building was used tho. Really cool, it had an "underground" feel to it even tho we got our tickets online

And for the fellow gamers

image-190772659.jpg

This is dance machine I competed on, lost but it was such a fun loss lol

Now I have a serious question, what is adavant or adavan, I could look it up but it's just side effects and what it does...I want to know if anyone else took this or know someone who has taken it. I'm assuming it's an anti anxiety medication but it seems brutally heavy, I obviously know my mom well and in the 20 years I have been dealing with this this was a first. She sounded really bad on the phone and I know right away, but what made me nervous is I called her before heading off to the show to let her know I was ok, and then jumped in the car (approx 2 mins later) she called me back asking if I were ok and where I was at, I really started to hear the old school alien movie music in my head like "earth to mom, hellloooo"
Never has that happened before and she can blackout drink easy, she was awake and semi functional cause she was talking about the food plans for Father's Day today...it just made me concerned and literally as I was decked out in party clothes head to two and 200 miles away from home...she just got up now and it's about 9pm, I was told she drank nothing today and was given a crushed up Antabuse in water which she drank all of it before going back to bed...she's pretty damn lit still and from my knowledge hasn't drank sense last night. I really wanna crack one myself to be honest, also I want to try one of those myself, I'm not gonna but it looks like some pleasurably strong stuff...this is also why I feel that guilt when I enjoy myself, I know she has just as bad of a problem as me, but I sometimes honestly feel like she purposely slips up when I'm showing signs of not being around, she told me countless times that after my dad took his life, me and my sister became her life, but I'm 30 now and engaged, like how much longer can this take place? I can't be married and also kinda married to my mom as creepy as that may sound. I know it's silly but I'm like "see ryan, look what happens when you enjoy yourself"
Like I said I know it's not truth fully and I'm aware of it, but it still brings on guilt and even more that I wasn't here for Father's Day, which clearly isn't a nice one for my family, but I ordered these tickets months in advance! I really didn't look to see if it was a holiday when I placed the order, and any one who goes to shows here knows tix are cheapest and most abundant when they first go on sale, not seizing the opportunity from the begining can make a show 3x more expensive then it has to be, plus the internet resale value is impeccable if I decide not to go. ::sigh:: I'm not super depressed and in a drinking mode, I do kinda feel like smoking more pot tho and watching a movie which isn't a good answer either, it's more like tone and upset, trying to not be selfish either but then also being told "I need to live my life and be happy" it just a tough place to be wedged into, and even harder to maintain my own sobriety...I can blow off my friends and business partners/co workers, and even my fiancé would understand if I needed a day to myself (which I never want I miss her too much), but my moms my mom, and basically dad too so u really can't just ignore it, well I could and would look like a real jerk