Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 33

Old 06-27-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Sorry about the job, Rick, but very happy you have found karate!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I ditto Gilmer there Rick!

Carlos, I wasn't dissing men in particular, just one specifically!

Courage a trip to visit with son is awesome!

DG don't go losing so much weight that you have to dodge round in the shower to get wet ok??

GF, a hottie instructor would have me pushing myself beyond my limits!

Gilmer, I hope you have a serendidatious weekend!!

N49, Cheeky! Behave or I will be up to Canada to give you a good spanking!

Talking of lovely Canadians where's my SJ hiding?

BeFree any decision made on the job yet?

Kris, I'm glad you're beginning to feel better

Tanja how are you this week sweetie?

All you sweet Undies unmentioned, you are not unmentionables, I just ran out of steam!!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Ditto Toots on all the above. LOL

Feeling better.

Good thing cuz tomorrow is my busy day. Transitions.................
Old 06-27-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Just a quick hello. I messed up. Things with my husbands illness got to me and I took some pills for a few days. Now I think I'm back. I am ashamed to tell you this.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
p***enger

Elseware, welcome back. I've missed you. I'll post more tomorrow but you shouldn't be ashamed and I'm glad you're safe and here.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Thanks Courage.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((else)))

D
Old 06-27-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

((Else)), so glad you are back so soon. Be kind to yourself. How is your husband doing? Stay close!!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

((((Else)))) - You're here and that's all that matters. I think every single one of us can relate to going back and using. Move forward.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

We are so happy to see you, beloved Else! We have missed you here. Please feel free to unload your fears and frustrations here. Surely you must feel almost unbearably worried and upended with your husband's sudden serious illness. Please don't bottle that stuff up. Let it out. You're among friends here!
Old 06-28-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Else it took immense courage to come back and own your slip, the same strength let you put the bottle of pills back down and realise it was no answer. You can and will move forward, you have a tool box of experience now behind you to help and all your friends here to lean on. There is no shame in slipping love, the shame would have been in staying down.
Be kind to yourself and stay close for all the cyber hugs coming your way xxx
Old 06-28-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
Just a quick hello. I messed up. Things with my husbands illness got to me and I took some pills for a few days. Now I think I'm back. I am ashamed to tell you this.
Big Ole hug for you, Else. It takes a lot of courage to be honest, especially with yourself. Lets walk together.............
Old 06-28-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hi ho, hi ho, It's off to work I go.

So glad I'm not hungover this morning. Saturdays can be a real challenge anyway.

Have a beeeutiful weekend everyone.

Congrats to those sober today!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hi Undies-

Else- Welcome back. We're all here for you.

Well, I'm feeling back to my normal stuff. Things with C have returned to normal, as they always do. When he gets upset, he just pulls away and wants to keep it to himself. In a sense, that bothers me because we don't talk it out. But in another sense, I understand. I actually tend to be much the same way.

And in another sense, I view it as a good thing that he takes responsibility for his own emotions and deals with them on his own rather than dumping them on me. I've had a few relationships where the guy needed to tell me everything that was wrong, every time he was angry, sad, depressed, jealous, etc. and I felt like an emotional dumping ground. Plus, that always made me feel like it was my job to fix things that weren't my job to fix.

So, while at times I feel cut-out when C gets upset, I am thankful in a sense too. I guess either extreme when handling that stuff may not be totally healthy. But like I said, I see where I have the same tendencies as C and this has me thinking about how I handle things.

On another note, this is the weekend I promised I'd take it easy and do fun things. Funny enough, I'm feeling more motivated about house projects and stuff again. But I'll try to keep it down to a few necessities and working on stuff that is enjoyable. Hey, if I like washing the windows it still counts as a fun weekend, right?

I actually saw an advertisement for a class I wanted to take this weekend, but when I checked it out yesterday, it was full. But they had some more offerings in a couple of months, so I signed up to take it at a later date. It's just a two day class, but something I've wanted to do for some time, so I'm excited.

I've enjoyed my introvert time lately and just being able to do stuff around the house and crawl into my turtle shell and recuperate emotionally, but it's going to be time to reach out and do some more social stuff soon.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, all!

Carlos, it's good to see you back to your old tricks. Keep massaging that funny bone -- a little exercise keeps it strong

Sober1ck, karate class sounds cool. Especially the punching someone part! I'm sorry to hear about the work issue but glad you found room for something positive and healthy.

Kris, I hope your busy weekend is also productive

DG, I can't imagine how hard it is to be close with someone long distance. My son and his girlfriend did that for about 8 months and they hated it.

Elseware, I saved you for last. You had all the excuses in the world to use, and that will happen time & time again. You must have also had opportunity. What are you going to do about that? If you have any, dump them out while you feel strong and committed. If your husband needs them, you're going to have to take some serious action and be honest with him about what you've done. I know you can do this! You are NOT your addiction or your fears.

Gilmer, Toots, Babs, and BoozeFree -- and all the Undies -- peace & hugs!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

DG, it sounds like you've really got your feet on the ground with your recovery and relationship with C. It's always good to relax and not push anything too hard. Everything will unfold naturally if you give it time.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Coffeebreak, join me...............

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

I'm ahead of schedule so am resting on my laurels under my pine trees. It's a beautiful day finally but the mosquitoes are enjoying it and me, too.

DG, Balance is key. Work and fun done in the right balance is the way to go.

Courage, I have to be productive on Saturday. Sunday is my day off. Hope you are doing good.

Gonna browse the forum a bit more and then back to work.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Hey Gang,

Haha, well I am the total dufis on the roofis. Which is what I would tell my beloved dog Rufis every day...Rufis is a dufis on the roofis, then he would give me some stupid sideways look.

Anyway, I made it to my AA party just in time for the first speaker following a very slow and late start. The problem being that the party is actually tomorrow. Yes, I am a total dufis.

I was running so late that I decided to make a hybrid of my stuffed hot peppers. I just chopped everything up and fried it first. Added the cheeses and then baked it with a few whole peppers on top.

Since I had made so much, my friend and I decided to just hit a picnic table and sample the goods. Sorry to brag but it is the best. I actually thing it turned out better??

Kris, I hope that are continuing to improve.

DG, stop working!!

((Else)), hope you are feeling better today.

Sober1, karate is just the start of all the fun possible in sobriety!

Carlos dictionary - Oxymoron - Toots out of hot air, oops, I mean steam

Haha Courage, perhaps today will be a workout day. However, it is out of my control.

Glee, two days in with crossfit should require a bottom down shirt. No way you're lifting those arms high...ouch

Have a nice sober Saturday, Undies.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1403990273
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140628_121307.jpg (85.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-28-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Carlos - Yum, looks good. A late night, followed by an early morning swim meet, and a long afternoon in the sun at a kid birthday party, has left me feeling less than motivated to cook dinner. Plus, there is the issue of having to move my arms in order to reach my ingredients after yesterday's crossfit workout - lol! I was hoping that dinner would land in my lap; unfortunately, that picture is about as close as I'll get to that wish coming true.

Toots - That was some imagery of how you deal with Mr. Toots' bad moods...

Courage - Way to go on nudging yourself outside of your comfort zone to plan a visit to your son.

Else - How are you doing today? Sending love and healing your and Mr. Else's way!!

DG - You're experiencing great growth opportunities as your attachment to C deepens. Keep learning and growing, but do have some fun. You deserve it!

Today, one of my youngest's friend's moms was telling me about her belief that the Universe sends the messages we need when we need it. Yesterday, as I was carting my kids around town, we drove by Needyfriend's neighborhood, and my oldest asked why we hadn't seen their family lately. I gave him the sanitized kid version, then went directly into codependency mode, asking if they wanted to see them, and thinking about calling Needy to make plans for the kids. My mind was spinning in an unhealthy way. Then the conversation changed, I stopped thinking about it, and we ran an errand. Afterwards, as we looped back past their neighborhood, it occurred to me that she was the one who didn't reply to my last text. And that I preferred my life to be free of her neediness and drama. And that I don't want to return to the status quo.

Then, this afternoon she sent me a text asking me to set up a time for us to return each other's house keys - I guess that answers my question as to whether she still wishes for the kids to get together!! I feel a bit stung by the finality of our relationship that's implied in her message. I also feel like meeting somewhere to swap keys would be a set up for her to tell me off, angrily. I will process through it and figure out the right thing to do.

Can you believe that I trust that I will be able to handle something emotionally charged and difficult?! I'm excited to be able to share that with all of you!
Old 06-28-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to see the recovery here guys

time for a new thread tho - join us here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-34-a.html