Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 12

Old 05-30-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I actually look forward to telling people I'm all done with drinking.
My line is usually,"I was liking it too much, and it wasn't liking me".
Or just simply " I gave up that sh*t,and feeling much better these days".

Tired today.
I seemed to have awoke around 3 am and then couldn't get back to sleep.
I'll be out mowing the grass for sure this weekend or even after work.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I think one thing that helps me a little is to remember what adult life was like without alcohol. That I can have a good time without alcohol and I never felt left out for not drinking, I just had no awareness of it.

Enjoy your lawn mowing, Bob! It was stinking hot here this afternoon at one point. Snoozy, is it crazy warm in your neck of the woods too?
Old 05-30-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hiya Crois yeah who woulda thought we are a day away from winter ...unbelievable .

Our seasons have certainly changed , that's for sure !

I like winter , so I'm happy .
I'm feeling very tired today , had a crap nights sleep again :-( what's up with that , grrrrr.

Bob i feel the same , when people ask me why I'm not drinking i just say , cos i like it too much and they don't really know what to say with that ;-)

I've had no choccie today Crois :/ maybe that's my problem lol .xxx
Old 05-30-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Yeah...I was reading over in the healthy eating thread for inspiration and saw your post.

I seriously have to get my s><t together with the chocolate. I was watching a documentary last night on junk foods and calorie-dense foods (chocolate!)...and how we simply want more and more of it. Even lab rats choose the junk food and eat more and more of it.

I really want to get fit again now. Just the job thing (I know, lame excuse)....but I am just so proud of myself for not turning this into a drink fest and keeping focused on the prize, I guess I've been slack on my chocolate intake.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hiya Nikki ;-)

I totally 100% agree with you on that Crois .
Even my Mum says the chocolate thing is wayyy better than me picking up a drink .

We cant hurt our family with our choccie addiction .

But what i have noticed is ..the first day i had a massive headache , even had to take Panadol. Second day was light headed and had to have a handful of choccie , i was great 10 mins later .

Yet now as each day goes on I'm not craving it as much and my iced coffee intake is way less . Didn't have any today .

It's hard to do the first few days , i hope i can stay motivated i wanna lose 10 kilos .

Old 05-30-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I am offered drinks on a regular basis. I just so "no thank you" and they don't press. But the same people keep asking me over and over. I might have to come up with something a little more permanent.

I too have chocolate and sweet issues. Since hubby is now on a diet, I have been good for the past 2 days. I do have screaming headache today but I think its allergy related.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hey Snoozy, we posted at the exact same time. Hope your headache feels better. I think I am going to take some Tylenol.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
It's hard to do the first few days , i hope i can stay motivated i wanna lose 10 kilos .

That's great you've made the commitment. I'll see how I feel on the weekend, I've been flat out this week, so will give myself a talking to and see what the inner wench says about giving up the chocolate!

Nikki, I could make a suggestion for what to say that's reeeeeal permanent. What is up with people. Seriously? That's one thing I don't recall ever doing...pressuring others to drink....and it used to annoy me when others did it, even when I was a drinker.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just boarded the train for Montreal.

Hi, Croissant, no not at all wrt your post. I guess I just feel why do ppl make such a big deal out of it when you don't drink. And also, last time I visited, I was drinking a lot, so they'll notice the change. Esp the dude from Ireland. He's def an alcoholic, got the big red noggin, it's a shame, he's otherwise a good looking man. No, I don't fear drinking, thank goodness!

Yes, I was born and raised in N. Ireland, came to Canada in 1989.
Boy, pass the Panadol folks, got a doozy of a headache!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Gotcha...of course, he will think you'd be letting the team down if you aren't drinking.

What are you going to say?
Old 05-30-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

^^^^^^ Passes Leshar the Panadol *
Old 05-30-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Ahhhh Leshar my Great great grandparents were Irish . I have a very Irish maiden name :-)
Old 05-30-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Crois: I wish I had a some of your moxy! I still have that 'I want everyone to like me syndrome" so I don't want to offend them, but more importantly I do not want to give them any reason to tell stories about me. These are people at my campground. They are nice people, not 'friends', but more like friendly neighbors/acquaintances. If it was just my reputation, I wouldn't care if they whispered, but of course I am a reflection on my daughter and I don't want her to be known as the one whose mom _____ (fill in the blanks). Believe it or not I haven't made an arse of my self there when I was drinking so, so far, I am under the radar. Maybe I could use the 'it doesn't agree with me now that I have gotten older thing.'

Leshar: Enjoy Montreal. I went to Quebec for a long weekend one, but my most enjoyable experience in Canada was at Banff. I went hiking and actually saw bobcat footprints! (I think)
Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hi Nikki,

I totally get you about the wanting to be liked syndrome. I've suffered from it for too long, stuffed away my resentments and disappointments when I'd bend over backwards to please others so as they would "like" me. Drank over it... No more!

Banff is lovely, indeed! I enjoyed skiing there. My bro and his wife have just moved to a beautiful home with mountain views in a community very close to Banff. We're planning a family reunion for June 2015.

Croissant, I think if I get pressed, I'm going to say that I had a severe depressive episode this past winter and that I had crippling anxiety too and had to go on medication, all true, and that it was best to quit alcohol finally, given that its a depressant.

But, yeah, I get you Nikki, it's just you don't want to give ppl ammunition against you, like oh that old broad's a lush, you know?
I'm sure it will all go swimmingly! Oh, my friend has a pool, I've brought my cozzie!
Ta for the Panadol, Snoozy! Need me some zzzssss....
Old 05-30-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Yeah Nikki...it just shouldn't be an issue. And the fact that it is, just shows how increasingly it's the norm in our society to drink.

Oh...yes, I forgot to say, Leshar....I would love to visit Canada...I remember when we had the World Expo in Brisbane, I cried in the Canada pavilion. There was always long queues to get in, then you were put into this movie theatre and they played Canada my Home while the panorama screen had all these awesome pictures of Canada. It's my main memory of Expo. Oh, and wondering why people just wanted to hang out in the German Festhaus and do the chicken dance and drink all day. (Ironic, hey)
Old 05-30-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I think it's more a man thing to strive to be hated.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post

Croissant, I think if I get pressed, I'm going to say that I had a severe depressive episode this past winter and that I had crippling anxiety too and had to go on medication, all true, and that it was best to quit alcohol finally, given that its a depressant.

Yeah, I was going to suggest that I have a friend and a relative that both lost loved ones and they have no problem saying they chose not to drink because it was making them sad. No one presses after that. And I really respect both of them for saying it's not a good choice to drink when it may affect them badly.

Sleep well you little traveller! Enjoy your time away. The no thanks I'm not drinking convo will pass in a millisecond!xx
Old 05-30-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Snoozy, congrats on 11 months! You are an inspiration I really want to thank you for your earlier post about how you have a good feeling about my pregnancy. I happened to read it as I was anxiously sitting/fidgeting in the waiting room this morning and it gave me a sense of calmness before I went in. Everything looked ok on the ultrasound, no red flags, so we are feeling good about that. We did decide (based on Dr's recommendation due to my age and history) to have this new blood test done that will tell us with 99% accuracy whether our baby has one of the 3 major trisomies. Will get the results in 8-12 days so more waiting ...... We will also be able to find out the sex! Feeling much more positive after the ultrasound, but won't be able to totally relax until we get these results back. Thank you to all for your thoughts and positive vibes. It means so much to me
Hi LB2 - just me trolling again. So happy to hear that your ultrasound went well.

Re: another one of your posts about clothes getting tight. Do you know the rubber band trick? For skirts and pants with a button/buttonhole closure, take a rubber band, elongate it and place one end around the button and then pull the other end of the rubber band through the button hole and then wrap it around the button again. You will get a few more weeks out of your normal clothes.

(Hi Class of Julyers; hope all are well; sorry for butting in again.)
Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

So, the other day I was cleaning out a cabinet in my house and found an empty pint bottle of vodka.
Just for a moment I thought about re-stashing it and throwing it in the trash later.
But, I just pulled it out. Announced to my wife ,"look what I found" and promptly through it in the trash.
Looked at the wife and said "glad those days are gone.".
Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, Must be something going around the world because I have a head ache too. since Monday
will you guys stop talking about your HOT weather lol, its freezing in the UK well not quite freezing, but jumper and coat weather bbbrrr and heating on , grass well long and to wet to cut. Took ourlong haired Jack Russel to the doggy shampoo shop, was so funny, its great its in a pet shop and its basically a metal bath at waist height, you strap dog into, with a shower head, you get towels and shampoo and aprons cos we got wet, so I have a lovely soft fluffy dog now who smells like a baby . Got my son visiting for the weekend and a family get together sunday (Hubbys side) and usually I have a few beers and become the life and soul , well I think I do, but I expect Im just getting loud and drunk, but this sunday Im going to be very sober and proud to be sober, If get asked why Im not drink, will just given up due to health reasons, acid reflux suspected gall stones x