Notices

Moms and Mums Club Part 10

Old 07-09-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Lady- Sorry, but what is AV? I watched that show last night too. Honestly, I never would have watched before I was sober. Too close to home. It was super sad to see these people start to get healthy and then turn back. I feel blessed to be where I am at this minute. Isn't it funny that having our husbands out of the house is a trigger?
Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hi reeves, AV is Addictive or Alcoholic Voice. The other side of us that rationalizes drinking and tells is we're not that bad, etc .... I kind of think of it as a split personality ....the real me knows I am an alcoholic and wants to live a sober and healthy life, but my other side, my AV, tells me it's all ok and I can drink like a normal person.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Babs- I love the idea of doing "secret" things other than alcohol. Sometimes I like to watch Real Housewives while my husband is gone. Last time he was gone I watched Mean Girls lol. Other than that I can't really think of anything I did while single that would be a good idea to do now!

I had to review my list of reasons why I don't drink today. It works like a charm! Lately I've been having some cravings and I think it's related to several things. 1. PMS 2. Stress and 3. I've gone longer than ever with my sobriety as of yesterday. I can see how long term sobriety has its own challenges. They say that time heals all wounds, which is great, but how easy it is to forget how miserable you were while drinking. I've been feeling a little nostalgic lately and sometimes my mind wanders to the evenings I spent happily buzzed. That's when I have to remind myself of the mornings after and how badly I wanted to quit. After I review my list and my previous journal entries I can't help but think "Why would I ever want to go back to something that I wanted to get away from so badly?".

I'm still feeling a little stressed about the whole car situation and a little bummed that I never heard back from the job I applied for. I know, I only applied for ONE job but it was with the company I used to work for and I know the lady who would hire me. When I left she even said "If you ever want to come back, just let me know". Well, 3 weeks later and I haven't heard anything. I'm trying not to take it personally, but it's also frustrating because it's a job that would have worked out really well for me.

Well, baby is up from his nap so it's time to go. Take care ladies and I hope everyone is well!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hi moms...

Lucy...hope your birthday was good...how are things with your husband?

Was chatting with a neighbor about my weight loss and she commented that she didn't remember seeing me that big, but then she said that really she didn't remember seeing me out much at all! My daughter started to say something like.."that's because..." Then she stopped and said..."oh wait...never mind". She looked at me like she didn't want to embarrass me! Damn...at 7 years old she is wise beyond her years! She knew damn well why I stayed indoors so much...my glass of hootch was there:-(.

Things are so different now. I know and chat with most of the neighbors because I am outside with her all the time now. Her and I live outside in this nice weather going for walks, sitting on the front steps, playing at the tennis courts etc. I am no longer trapped inside chained to a bottle (except for the rare cases I would go out with her with wine in a travel mug)!

She deserves the mom I am now, and moments like tonight reaffirm why I want and need to stay sober! My life is beyond better!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Lulu- I too love Bravo tv. Why not? We can watch them drink and make a fool of themselves!!!

Dolly-that's just how I felt with my neighborhood. When I'm not drinking I'm so much friendlier. Before I would hide in the house or in the back yard with a beer. What a stupid life of living with alcohol. I hate it now with a passion.

Okay everyone-- update on hubby:

1. I called the cops
2. Arrested him
3. He's facing 2 felony's
4. He resisted arrest
5. He's currently in rehab and posted bail after 12 hours in jail detoxing

Here is what happened when I was taking him to rehab in the car he was out of his mind. Saying horrible things and I still had 2 hours to drive him. I said I can't do this I'm going to call your mom. He went to grab the phone and I had to turn the car to the curb so I wouldn't crash it. We were on a residential street up hill. He then started saying how stupid I was to take him and I should turn around. He then said he'd kill me if I called the cops. So I turned into the local grocery store, ran a red light and had them call 911. He let me get out of the car strangely. He was so out of it.

I called my guy friend too. He saw it all after the cops came. He's a lawyer.

He was mixing Klonopin and alcohol.

He has no memory.

I'm hoping this will be a huge wake up call.

Now we have to deal with the charges...

I have a retraining order on him until July 16.

I just want him clean and sober.

I've been going to Alanon and AA meetings.

Yesterday was a particularly weak day. But today I'm feeling better with a good night sleep. I called a lawyer and am waiting for a call back.

Our neighbors across the street went through this exactly. They are now happily married as he's been sober 9 years. I'm hoping they can be our example.

One day at a time. Really one second. Phew!!!!

I'm not drinking over him ever!!!! I used to but he's not doing that to me anymore.

The hardest thing is the guilt I feel about if he
has a record. That may ruin both our lives. He left me no choice. But I'm hoping they can reduce the charges.

Happy Friday and I'm so sorry this is so heavy:-(
Old 07-11-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Oh Lucy.... What. An. Ordeal. You were left with no choice. You do not have to go this alone. I am so glad your neighbors can be there as a good example. I'm hoping they can provide some support with the kids as well. Do you think your husband wants help? He posted bail himself or did his parents come to the rescue? Is he back in the house? I'm really pulling for you all. I am acutely aware of how hard this situation is.

I'm running around today, getting ready for the wedding. I was driving today and out of nowhere, I had this thought of how great it would be to sit at the airport and have wine at the bar while I worked... like I was just a normal person. I couldnt' get the thought of out me head 'have a glass of wine...you're on vacation...' Ugh. It's not even in the realm of possibility ESPECIALLY this weekend where I really want to be on my best behavior and I'm walking into an unwelcoming, stressful situation. I have confided in a few people about my problem who will be at the wedding. I'm just ready to get in a place where I feel supported, ready to see my husband....for sure.

I'll be checking in from the airport soon.

XXX
Old 07-11-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Babs- he's at rehab now. A top facility in a beautiful place. The other place he went to was bad. No follow up or support. Since this is only a few hours away it should be better.

I hate those airport bars. They are such a trigger for me too. I get nervous flying and want a drink. To be a normal drinker. What's that? I know vacations are huge triggers. Be strong!!!

Hey- I just won a trip to Mexico from a drawing. Weird. I'm probably not going to take it up on it. I have to pay the taxes so I'm not sure if that's really free.

Taking a nap. Bye for now.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Oh Lucy, I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this. What a nightmare! I hope this is a wakeup call for him too. I think you did the right thing calling the police and taking care of yourself. You can never really trust anyone when they're drunk. Good for you staying sober. You're setting a great example for your children by not drinking over this. You're such a strong woman!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,

Lucy - wow, what an ordeal you've been through/are going through. I really hope this rehab will help your husband and that you will be able to work things out. Thoughts and prayers going out to you.

Babs - best of luck this weekend at the wedding. Check in with us, if you can, and let us know how it's going. Maybe it will be much better/more fun than you think? I used to LOVE hanging out in airport bars and drinking before flights. Such a trigger that I haven't had to deal with yet.

I survived the last 3 days while hubby was gone without any major cravings. First time ever I have been sober while he has been away. Feeling good. I had fun doing things with my daughter/watching whatever I wanted on TV and eating whatever I wanted/not having to cook dinners

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? We are taking my daughter to see the Malificent movie, I think. Has anyone seen it? Not sure if it will be any good, but she really, really wants to see it.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Lucy - I am so sorry you're going through this. It sounds terrible and scary. I don't know how you're being so strong through it, and I'm really proud of you and amazed at your strength. I can't believe he threatened you. He's out of his mind, but I'd be scared ********. I hope people are surrounding you with support - glad you have good lawyers around. The sh!t has really hit the fan for him, and he is at the end of his time to make a choice - to sober up or lose everything. This is just devastating.... you're on my mind and I'm sending you all my good thoughts.

Lady - So glad you were able to keep the cravings at bay! I know it helps that you are pregnant, but it's still a feat that will make you stronger in the long run.

Babs - Good luck this weekend!! It will all be over soon, and I know you're going to shine. The women you're going to see are a bunch of snotty b*tches - it doesn't matter what they think or say, and you are going home afterwards with your fabulous husband and to see your beautiful daughter. Take care...
Old 07-11-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Hi all..

Lucy...my goodness that must have been quite frightening:-(. So proud of your own resilience in your sobriety! I pray your husband can break free of this monster disease for all your sake!

Babs...have a great weekend, and I know you will do fine. Just be your awesome strong self and all will be well!

Lady...haven't seen Malificent yet, but heard it was good. Me? I am still living in Frozen hell!!!! Ugh, if I hear that damned "Let it Go" song one more time I will go batty!

Weekend is hopefully going to be relaxed. Have a cooking itch to scratch as last week I hardly cooked at all due to the craziness surrounding the funeral. Got my recipes lined up:-). Daughter is going out all afternoon with my mom, so will have some time to myself:-)....looking forward to that!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Dolly, we are still in Frozen hell too, but hoping a new movie will help that? I know what you mean about the "Let it Go" song. Soooo sick of it!! Enjoy your day cooking! Wish I could get the cooking itch
Old 07-12-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Cook off meal #1 down. Surprised my daughter with a special breakfast in the yard...croissant French toast with blackberry syrup and bacon. She loved it, and it was sooooo tasty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-868715372.jpg (85.3 KB, 49 views)
Old 07-12-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Good luck this weekend Babs! You're a strong woman and I know you can do this.

That looks delicious Dolly! Beautiful table setting too!

Lucy I hope everything is ok on your end and hubby is getting some help.

Hellos to everyone else!

Not much to report here. Cravings are gone and I'm just living the dream. Going to look for another car today but already off to a slow start. Take care ladies!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

So pretty Dolly! Yum. What a good mom!!!

I went to an Alanon meeting this morning. There are such nice people there. Omg 60 people at least. All well dressed and encouraging. But they don't pay my bills if you know what I mean.

The kids are showing signs of stress. I've never really seen that before. We've been doing a lot of talking. I wish I had some answers for them.

I found out there may be a paper I can draw up with a lawyer to have my husband randomly drug tested throughout the next year and only if he's sober can he be around the family. It was drawn up with a friend of mines hubby and really worked. Accountability is key for his recovery.

He's really worried about his job so that may really drive him to sobriety to keep it. It will make a difference in all of our lives. Strangely he's always done such a good job. I don't know how in his condition.

I'm learning all of these things from a mutual friend who he talks with. He happens to be a lawyer. Very helpful at this time!!!!

What a strange time in my life. I never thought I'd be here.

His sister had the nerve to blame me for all of his problems. The whole family is an enabler. My hubby even says so. Alcohol is such a family disease.

I hope everyone's weekend is going well.

Hi to New Star if she's still out there. Xox
Old 07-12-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Thank you Lucy! It's funny, I used to do "special breakfasts/lunches" for my daughter all the time. By special they were elaborate creative pancakes or sandwiches. I often had insomnia when I was drinking, and used that time to plan out the design of her meals. I did this for every holiday and special occasion, and took great pride in posting pictures on Facebook so I could feel good about myself when friends gushed over them.

It's funny because I haven't really done it since I got sober. I have made her special meals like today, but now it's about yummy food and actually enjoying it with her. I think that now that I am sober, I feel confident that I am a good mom even without making a sandwich that looks like a mermaid, or roses made out of bacon:-).

Don't get me wrong, it's still cool to do stuff like that, and I still take pictures if my food, but before it was the only thing I did that I felt was "good mom material", so I clung to it for dear life!

Anyway....just an observation from my year of sobriety:-)
Old 07-12-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Dolly it's so weird how our perspectives totally change. Even just making a special meal. I love that you take photos!!!

My hubby tried to make me dinner on my birthday. He only made enough for my son so when I woke up it was all gone. I could see he was crushed nothing panned out and he was drinking at the time.

One thing I learned at Alanon was we all over react to things being around alcoholics and being ones ourselves. We need to learn to take things slow. Taking care of ourselves first.

It's hard for me but I'm going to tonight.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Dolly, I know what you mean about doing "special" things for your daughter while drinking so you would feel like a better Mom. Just curious, would you do the actually cooking while drinking too? I used to love to cook and drink. I think that is why it has been so hard for me to get back into cooking. That whole association with cooking and reaching for that glass (or 4) of wine. Now I have to have seltzer or something nearby when I am cooking, but it is still hard I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss that time of day when I would unwind with wine and cooking dinner. Well, I actually miss the time when I could enjoy SIPPING on a glass or 2 and stop there .....

So we took my daughter to see the Maleficent movie last night and it was actually pretty good! Not a huge Angelina Jolie fan, but she was a great fit for the part. Think you have to be a Sleeping Beauty fan to enjoy this movie, though.

Lucy, thinking of you. I think it's great you are attending AA & Alanon meetings. Good for you and I am glad it is helping. How long will hubby be in this rehab?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!
Old 07-13-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Good morning mamas!
Checking in from the Denver airport. I made it! It was a nice wedding and I stayed with the people I like and enjoy and far from the gaggle of bitches. Husband was good and supportive, consistent with bringing me my soda and lime in a cocktail glass. It was only hard when we were all at dinner and there was so much wine and champagne on the table. Ironically husband had a particularly rough, drunken night on Friday (I was cleaning up vomit in our beautiful hotel room.... Ugh. That's a different story) and every time I wanted to down all the champagne I kept thinking about his state on Friday and remidnigyself that's where is end up, after making a spectacular scene. I felt pretty, confident, secure and proud. In a weird way, that wedding was a rite of passage in all the work I've done on myself, that we have done with our family, our careers- seeing these people after 5 years not seeing them and coming in that way, felt good. It's done and now.... There will be pizza, lots and lots of pizza!

Thank you moms group you are all so dear to me and my recovery. So thankful for this place. Its all more to me than I could explain.

Humbly.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hi moms...

Congrats Babs on making it through and enjoying the wedding!!! So proud of you!! Cleaning up vomit is never a good time, but boozy vomit is even worse!!!!! Been there, but it was usually my own:-)

Lady....oh yes...cooking and drinking went hand in hand for me. If I was cooking in morning or early afternoon the glass would be hidden in my cabinet for stolen sips as I cooked. Was better if it was later in the afternoon and I didn't have to hide it so much:-(. The first couple of months were hard cooking, but it doesn't bother me at all anymore.