Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 2

Old 03-15-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Just got done with a great cardio workout and a nice healthy lunch my body is thanking me all over I have lost some weight and feel better after just 5 days than I have in a long time!! So grateful for this group !!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Ok, I'm feeling really aggravated. Lately my boss has not been very clear on details and instructions, and she used to always give me all of the information I needed to carry out a task... She was very clear on what she wanted.
Now I have spent all afternoon, last night, and this afternoon carrying out a project exactly to her request, and I'm being told just now that it's all wrong and I need to start over.
Starting to steam....
Old 03-15-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Isn't that frustrating, Ilya? Breathe, eat a cookie, think happy thoughts. Maybe your boss is going through something right now that is making her scattered. Unfortunately, it's affecting you, but you are strong. Hugs!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thank you. I'm just annoyed because this is now my time. I had been out running all kinds of errands for her today, and I was so overwhelmingly relieved to close the door and put on pajamas, and forget about work for 1 1/2 days. Now this.
I'm getting my jeans on and I'm going back out there for supplies. So frustrating.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I'm surprised at how quick this got to me. I was feeling very mellow, if a bit antisocial...
Old 03-15-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Ilya, I'm sorry your boss is giving you such a rough time. Like Natalie said, maybe she's going through something also and you're just getting caught in the crossfire. I'm glad you came here to vent instead of leaving it inside. Hang in there!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
ahhhhhhh 10 hours of sleep. I did that last night. When I woke yesterday I was emotionally raw and spiritually hung-over. Trying to do the inside job of healing my resentments and fears and anger and whatever-the-eff else I have to heal really got to me. Yesterday I went through the motions. I went to my morning meeting. I prayed. Then I was done. Tired. They say not to let myself get Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired (HALT). I think I spent most of yesterday feeling everything but hungry. That doesn't serve me well. Like I said, I was in jammies at 4:15, in bed by 8PM, (up for an hour at midnight) and I slept until 7AM. I'm still waking up in the middle of the night wide awake. Like Jade, I find that I may as well get up and not lie there in the dark worrying. Also like Shoshie, for me a glass of milk and some toast or a cup of hot chocolate and toast seems to settle me down to fall back asleep. So I'm awake for an hour or so, watch a little TV in bed, have my snack and fall back asleep. I think this is a physical manifestation of the healing process, so I'm trying to not fight it. It just is what it is. Since many of us are having the same issue, it must be a physiological reaction. That makes me feel better, and I think it will pass. This morning I went to a 10AM meeting. There were about 30 people there and I was the only woman. Yikes. It was fine though. I heard a lot of stories from men who had screwed up while drinking and their sincere remorse at the way they had thought about or treated women in their lives. I need to hear that stuff. Some of the women here may understand when I say I haven't had the best relationships with men in my life. In listening to these men, I'm beginning to heal those hurts and resentments. It was really good.
Hi Bimini, great to read your post. I've had a couple of 'meh' days too, today being one of them.

No drama, no extreme exhaustion to contend with, no raging cravings, got stuff done -- just feel a bit wrung out.

I guess we are all recalibrating - habits, thoughts, emotions, behaviour.

Don't know how long it takes but hope my pink cloud shows up sometime soon :-/
Old 03-15-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
ahhhhhhh 10 hours of sleep. I did that last night. When I woke yesterday I was emotionally raw and spiritually hung-over. Trying to do the inside job of healing my resentments and fears and anger and whatever-the-eff else I have to heal really got to me.

Yesterday I went through the motions. I went to my morning meeting. I prayed. Then I was done. Tired. They say not to let myself get Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired (HALT). I think I spent most of yesterday feeling everything but hungry. That doesn't serve me well. Like I said, I was in jammies at 4:15, in bed by 8PM, (up for an hour at midnight) and I slept until 7AM.

I'm still waking up in the middle of the night wide awake. Like Jade, I find that I may as well get up and not lie there in the dark worrying. Also like Shoshie, for me a glass of milk and some toast or a cup of hot chocolate and toast seems to settle me down to fall back asleep. So I'm awake for an hour or so, watch a little TV in bed, have my snack and fall back asleep. I think this is a physical manifestation of the healing process, so I'm trying to not fight it. It just is what it is. Since many of us are having the same issue, it must be a physiological reaction. That makes me feel better, and I think it will pass.

This morning I went to a 10AM meeting. There were about 30 people there and I was the only woman. Yikes. It was fine though. I heard a lot of stories from men who had screwed up while drinking and their sincere remorse at the way they had thought about or treated women in their lives. I need to hear that stuff. Some of the women here may understand when I say I haven't had the best relationships with men in my life. In listening to these men, I'm beginning to heal those hurts and resentments. It was really good.
You post some very insightful stuff!

I'm sorry you had such a tough day but it's great that you're recognizing your feelings. That's a step in the right direction.

I'll agree with you. I've had some pretty crappy relationships in my time. I'm sad to say the best one was with the guy I lost due to my drinking. Although it hurts, maybe it was for the best. This gives me the chance to work on me.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Ok, I'm feeling really aggravated. Lately my boss has not been very clear on details and instructions, and she used to always give me all of the information I needed to carry out a task... She was very clear on what she wanted. Now I have spent all afternoon, last night, and this afternoon carrying out a project exactly to her request, and I'm being told just now that it's all wrong and I need to start over. Starting to steam....
Hi Ilya, That is VERY frustrasting. Have you been offered an explanation?
Old 03-15-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Thanks. I was actually going to type my stream of consciousness earlier which included me considering that my employer might be having a hard time, etc, but I didn't because it's been going on for a while. About the past year. She gives incomplete details, doesn't like to be corrected or for me to inquire further, and laughs it off when she "realizes" she's told me a dramatic opposite of what she wants.
It's just a bit frustrating, and for someone who's been mostly a pushover her whole life, I get really angry at these points.
It's just happened enough so I know it's not about something else in her life.
That's all. I'm just bothered. But going out to just carry out the task all over again.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I've reached 2 weeks sober and I'm noticing changes in my body.

Except for last night, I fall asleep pretty quickly and sleep soundly.

I haven't had shakes for over a week.

I still get dizzy and have the disembodied feeling every day but the episodes are shorter.

The brain fog doesn't last all day anymore.

I've been in a pretty up mood with more energy.

I have Burning Mouth Syndrome. It sucks. It's annoying. I'm hoping that my vitamins will make that go away.

I'm never hungry. Like ever. I have to force myself to eat. That concerns me because I used to be a binge eater and I don't want to keep trading one addiction for another.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post
Hi Ilya, That is VERY frustrasting. Have you been offered an explanation?
Only that she "should have mentioned it earlier." I give people a lot of room for error, we're all human. But at a certain point (usually way after anyone else would get mad) it is just enough. So I get frustrated.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Thanks. I was actually going to type my stream of consciousness earlier which included me considering that my employer might be having a hard time, etc, but I didn't because it's been going on for a while. About the past year. She gives incomplete details, doesn't like to be corrected or for me to inquire further, and laughs it off when she "realizes" she's told me a dramatic opposite of what she wants. It's just a bit frustrating, and for someone who's been mostly a pushover her whole life, I get really angry at these points. It's just happened enough so I know it's not about something else in her life. That's all. I'm just bothered. But going out to just carry out the task all over again.
Ilya, I feel for you - pressures of work shouldn't and needn't include being managed ineffectually. No idea what you do, but hope you can discuss it with other people you work with who can help and advise in context. And come and vent here if it's pushing your sobriety buttons x
Old 03-15-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Thanks Shoshie, it really helps to have a place to throw it out. I should take my own advice and start journaling also. That has helped so much in the past.
When I was a child I kept everything inside because no one in my family wanted to hear it, so I raged in private. I remember the anger bubbling up and just... rage.
It's really strange how this first week of sobriety has triggered these childhood feelings.

When I was drinking I was gregarious and outspoken, and I got very used to navigating that personality. It was a protective wall around the pensive, stoic child within, who I seem to have let out!!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Just got done with a great cardio workout and a nice healthy lunch my body is thanking me all over I have lost some weight and feel better after just 5 days than I have in a long time!! So grateful for this group !!
Thanks for your words today.

I have a 4PM meeting. Your words inspired me to walk. I live near a beautiful trail, so I walked along the river and worked up a sweat. Excellent.

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea.
~Isak Dinesen

I've personally had experience with all three in the last three days. I think this is my new signature.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

I second bimini, CaliChris,
"I want some of what HE's having!"
Old 03-15-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
I've reached 2 weeks sober and I'm noticing changes in my body. Except for last night, I fall asleep pretty quickly and sleep soundly. I haven't had shakes for over a week. I still get dizzy and have the disembodied feeling every day but the episodes are shorter. The brain fog doesn't last all day anymore. I've been in a pretty up mood with more energy. I have Burning Mouth Syndrome. It sucks. It's annoying. I'm hoping that my vitamins will make that go away. I'm never hungry. Like ever. I have to force myself to eat. That concerns me because I used to be a binge eater and I don't want to keep trading one addiction for another.
Congratulaaations! Look what a difference two weeks makes. I love your positive energy and determination, Aarry. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that.

But Burning Mouth Syndrome!? Ouch. I guess the clue is in the name -- are you okay? And as the food thing goes, it's important to keep hunger at bay and blood sugar stable otherwise alcohol cravings and poor recovery. Just stick with healthy - hard to binge on fruit and veggies

Keep on keeping on, doing GREAT!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

I'm testing to see if my signature shows up. Don't mind me.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post
Congratulaaations! Look what a difference two weeks makes. I love your positive energy and determination, Aarry. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that.

But Burning Mouth Syndrome!? Ouch. I guess the clue is in the name -- are you okay? And as the food thing goes, it's important to keep hunger at bay and blood sugar stable otherwise alcohol cravings and poor recovery. Just stick with healthy - hard to binge on fruit and veggies

Keep on keeping on, doing GREAT!
Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Yeah, the burning mouth thing started about three days ago. It's more annoying than painful.

I think one of the things I'm going to do today is make up a schedule for the upcoming week so I have some structure to my day. I've been missing that since I quit work.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

So, those of you who have gone to AA meetings, do you go to open or closed meetings? Which did you like better and why?