Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 6

Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

41 days for me. I'm so glad for all of the people still hanging in. I've also been in this forum every day for 41 days too reading about what is going on with you all. Congrats on everyone who is celebrating a "stone" whether it's a milestone or a stepping stone.
GCG awesome - I would love to go to another country like that. What a goal!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Checking in for a few minutes in day 29. I'm exhausted today the work phone was busy last night and I totaled maybe 4 hours of sleep between the calls. It makes for a tired wife when the phone rings and I'm up and down that many times also.

GCG my wife would love to travel abroad also. I have no real desire though. To me not knowing the language and having that barrier in place seems so inconvenient that I don't even want to mess with it. She's the complete opposite though so we'll end up traveling at some point I'm sure.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Day 42 I think? Exactly 6 weeks of sobriety behind and counting! About a year ago I managed to be sober for 6 weeks but then slipped and continued to drink heavily every now and then (usually 2-3 times per month or more). Tomorrow I have a day-off and today is my birthday so a small trigger to drink today. I recalled all the reasons to stop drinking as I made myself some lunch. Trying to find something to do to occupy my time, normally I'd probably get some beers and wine for the evening and then hit the bar later. Well, made some coffee for the start I Should do my school project but probably not gonna sacrifice any thought to it today.

I don't know, I'm feeling quite good. Still an empty feeling inside me sometimes, maybe something mental. Trying to shred few pounds from my weight but apparently quitting alcohol hasn't affected on my weight at all, little dissapointed about that.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday kakanola

my best birthdays have been sober ones - I'm sure you'll find that too - have a great day!

D
Old 02-11-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

6 weeks sober and another year wiser, happy birthday Kakanola!

:day
Old 02-11-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good morning Class, just thought I would share a tip with those not already signing in on the 24 hour sign in thread, it's a thread where you commit to another 24 hours of sobriety; I sign in every morning. It makes me accountable in yet one more area. Heading off and into day 48. Stay strong everyone!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

ODog does this ^ too!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kakanola View Post
I don't know, I'm feeling quite good. Still an empty feeling inside me sometimes, maybe something mental. Trying to shred few pounds from my weight but apparently quitting alcohol hasn't affected on my weight at all, little dissapointed about that.
I am a runner (would actually reward myself for exercise by binging on beers) and I am on day 42 today. I thought I would have lost significant amount of weight when I quit drinking mainly heavy IPA beer in combination with my running. For the first month I lost zero; literally zero. Now, I've lost ~4 pounds. I think our bodies may get a bit confused as to what to do when we have no alcohol so it just sits there trying to figure it all out.

Looks like a lot of you are really hitting some good milestones. Stay strong today. I, too, sign in on the 24 hour club everyday.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

3 weeks today! Yay! Hope everyone's ok xx
Old 02-11-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

How long is early recovery, my AV is asking?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Morning all. Busy day of work ahead but my first activity of the day is coffee and SR, then meditate, then work. Thanks Odelle and others about the 24 hr club, I am going to use this tool especially as I have a few social events coming up that I can't get out of. This will help me be accountable.

Kiya, I don't speak Italian either but if we stick to our own safety zones how can we experience the beauty and wonder of what's out in the world? I am doing a free online conversational Italian course, got enough time to learn. Have a great day/night all. I hope all our friends down south are safe from the bushfires.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

The 24-hour check-in is a great idea to help stay focused. I will have to try this
Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

have a good night class. Stay sober tonight!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, kakanola!
Great job, justsarah!

Another day down. I did a lot of working, some car battery replacement, and a bit of thinking. I think now is the time where I'm saying to myself "ok, what now?". I want to be sober, but I realize it's going to take some effort. I've already replaced crawling into pj's instead of a drink, and I know what to do with my hands without a drink in it at a social function. I pretend that my husband and I have already had a conversation about not drinking and he's agreed that I should never drink again (he doesn't). My social anxiety is already gone and I've started slowly reaching out. And reaching up. I've renewed my faith and spend time in daily prayer. Generally, I like my life and now I see the value of sobriety.

During my last period of long sobriety, on day four, I knew that without some sort of change it just wasn't going to stick. That willpower and enthusiasm alone wasn't gonna do it. I guess that time, this time around, is right now.

I'm tired. Motivated, but tired. I spent a whole weekend writing recently, which in the end was an uncovered trigger that lead to my slip last week. I like to escape from reality and I had been using alcohol as an easy shortcut. I do get tired of hearing my own name and thinking my own thoughts once in awhile
I could have seen that slip coming a mile away, though, if I had been vigilant and taken the time to read through the signs of a relapse.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi Mates,

Just checking in briefly, haven't done for a few days... mainly because I'm traveling, am on a pretty amazing vacation... I spent a few days by myself in the desert, the first couple at a meditation center then a spa. Now the rest will be more conventional, some fun things with a friend in long term recovery from drug addiction... Then back to everyday reality and work.

Nice to see everyone's progress, even if it sometimes involves "downtime". My days and nights are still all over the map, but I don't mind much right now. Guess my mind has always been a bit all over the map, just like the physical reflection (traveling)

Stay strong, everyone!!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Day 7 sober, hypnosis took the edge off cravings, triggers still there, but manageable. Eating healthy, getting exercise of some sort most days. Big key was informing my kids to the obvious, and getting support. AA meetings and this site are places to keep my focus. Hang in there.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in Haennie, sounds like you are getting a much needed R & R, the kind I would love to take. Enjoy your vacation and fill us in upon your return.

Pataphor, tell your AV that it isn’t time yet, check again tomorrow. Be sure to sign in on the 24 hour thread before it wakes up in the morning!

Emkay, I’m tired too. Hang in there, it will get better, maybe not as soon as we would like, but it will happen. You are a deep thinker; sometimes we wear ourselves out trying to analyze everything, try NOT thinking once and a while. Some mindless solitaire or other computer game can do wonders for a mental escape.

Thank you everyone for being a part of this class, you all mean so very much to me!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Kakanola!! Great job on another sober day everyone!

Another quick check in after a very tired day. Headed for bed. The upside to having too much to do and too little time to do it is there isn't much time for thinking or battling AVs. I've been feeling very grateful to be clear headed and have enough mental energy to deal with these days.

Day 44, closing in on 50, which will be halfway to 100, which will be a third of a way to 300, which is hop and a skip from a year. I'm on my way.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Kiya, Kris47 and Will1981, Congratulations on 30 days!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class! Down here in the southeast part of the U.S. a storm is about to kick up and these towns don't know what to do. Should be interesting.

Haennie: that vacation does sound great. Let us know about it. I have a vacation up in the Great Smoky Mtns in late March. House up on the mountain with beautiful views, awesome deck to hangout, and a hot tub. To be honest, I am little worried - that scenario was a perfect drinking scenario previously but I'll deal with that later.

Completed day 42 and now just concentrating on day 43.