Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 25

Old 12-20-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
That was my Catholic mother's favorite prayer, too.
St. Francis of Assisi was my patron saint for confirmation. I picked him because of the stories about how he communicated with animals (heh, kids). He was apparently born rich and said, "not for me."

I don't really pray, but if I did, that's my favorite prayer. It's a big "not about me" recognition. Awesome.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Toots, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Sorry for you loss Toots. My prayers are with you.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Toots really sorry for your loss. Hope the next few days are ok for you. How great that you can be present and sober during such a sad time for your family.

Carlos have fun with your AA events.

Steve yikes about those hours! I hope you stand up for yourself before it completely wears you out!! You deserve a nice vacation! Keep up the great work.

Sorry to hear about madbird leaving sr. Hope things r ok.

I'm watching some modern family before bed. Work was ok. Nothing too exciting. I just realized I have off next wed thru Monday. I had requested thurs n fri off Bc I don't remember the last time I took a long weekend and I just need to re energize. Thinking about maybe exploring some hiking trails with my dog during that time.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thank you all for your support I appreciate it. First time I met Jimmy and my MIL was at a big family gathering. It was my first experience of the family's joy at mischief. Everyone was dressed up and my 7 year old nephew was wearing a kilt. He would turn red everytime anyone asked if he was wearing anything under it ( a true Scotsman doesn't obviously!) but refused to say. Jimmy and MIL were sat, heads together. MIL called my nephew across on the pretext she needed his small fingers to untangle her bracelet as he leaned in jimmy put his phone up his kilt and took a picture. Now this is where the mischief is about fun. Had he been naked, jimmy would have said so and deleted the photo, but because it was a pair of pants and two chubby little legs, he gleefully showed it around, to my poor nephews mortification. There is never any malice in the glee my inlaws take in their fun, and my nephew soon cheered up when my husband revealed an equally embarrassing story of jimmy. Which of course led to tales being told on everybody there!
That was a shameless indulgence, and I don't apologise for it!

Steve, I know you fear losing your job, but news story, I guarantee you won't. Just say you can't work all those hours. Ask you boss if he could. Ask him if he would work Christmas for no extra. Tell him you are not willing to and if he threatens you with the sack, call his bluff. And if he does sack you, tell him you will go to a tribunal and tell them your hours and wages. People fought and died for workers to have right Steve, you owe them to stand up for yourself. I swear it will not go that far, your boss will back down so quick he'll leave scorch marks. He is using and abusing you because you are letting him. Sorry, lecture over, I know you are scared of losing your job and going back to the situation you were in before, but you have to realise, you are so not that person anymore.

BF, enjoy your long break, and hiking sounds wonderful. We have such amazing scenery around us, if the weather changes we will be out too.

Carlos thank you for your words, I am glad to count you as a friend

Dotty, I have off loaded on you honey, you offered!

Grace, thank you for being there for me yesterday.
I realised yesterday, that the only two people I would have been calling for support, were the two who had lost a brother and a husband. I had no one else I could reach out to. So I text Grace and suddenly I knew I did have someone. Little things like a texted word or two of support can make so much difference to our outlook on a situation. I am so grateful I had that yesterday.
Well, hubby will wake soon and our new day will begin. We have so much to organise, Christmas plans a rein the air, we have a funeral to arrange and still flights to catch in the new year.
Again thank you all, your support is immense in times of need, and this time it was my need you supported.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

We love you, Toots!
Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
We love you, Toots!
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

I am ok, still here, still sober. Just tired and need to get more power to go through the final stages of communication with my brother, and I am still anxious. But still one step at a time.

Toots - I am so sorry for your loss. You've been holding my hand for so long, my friend. My hand and heart are always here for your support. My hugs and soothing vibes to you.

Stevie - I absolutely second Toots - your employer will keep doing it until you start standing your ground. Keep you time sheets in case you need some proof for your insane hours. And though employers always tell the same BS like "there's a crowd of people dying to get this job" in reality it's quite an issue to find a good employee, and they do know this. So I suggest for you at least to DEMAND double fee on Xmas. Keep your chin up, my boxing buddy. Oh, the other day Roy Jones Jr came at our gym and I even make a pic with him. How about that?

My best wishes to all the Undies.

Have a great sober Saturday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0044_for SR.jpg (49.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 12-21-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi, MB. Most of the troubles are now over with your brother. I am sure you will coast through this last stage without much hassle. I am glad you're maintaining your serenity--you sound a lot better than you sounded two weeks ago.

Post a picture when Manny Pacquiao visits your gym! I hope Mayweather fights him one day. Manny will kick his butt, or die trying!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Toots,

I am so very sorry for your loss. It does sound like you have wonderful memories of Jimmy. He sounds like he had a wonderful sense of humor and was a delight to be around.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Morning Undies,

MB, good luck with these final communica's with B. Perhaps you could try breathing exercises prior to the call. As for call content, role-play potential responses and/or take a few bullet point notes.
If you already thought of these things, or just plain think I'm crazy...sorry.

Toots, sounds like today is going better. Regardless, your sobriety seems very solid. What the heck is it with wakes and booze? I get it as an alkie...but why is drinking at these important to the normies?

DG, my dear...SR check-in per Courage's instructions is #9 on today's list to be crossed off. Still to hang a beautiful new front door with a friend. Wanted the extra security. I actually have a few items of value here from my Dad and Aunts house now. Pretty much left anything of real value prior in my life with my ex in the divorce. Not complaining, wanted it that way...just fact.

I am flying through to-do list with some Motown as my companion. Been a while sine I listened to Motown. So love these jams!

I leave you with my daily marching orders. Search for peace and serenity which leads to joyous, happy and free! Decided this during a farewell lunch with my new friend prior to leaving there a few days ago.

Carlos xx
Old 12-21-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

(((((Toots)))) I love you, dear lady.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi undies
Just checkin in before work.
Will be back later on
Old 12-21-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hope you have a good day, BF!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

BF, I'm with Gilmer, have a good day. You too, Gilmer

Womp womp, back to work. I love that BF, thanks for the reminder!!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

That's such a great expression, BF! I'm going to borrow that as I go through my everyday rituals--womp, womp!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Toots...I am so very very sorry to read your posts....my deepest condolences

Jim....
Old 12-21-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Love and hugs toots, so sorry to hear of your loss.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Gilmer & Carlos glad you enjoy my womp womp sound effects about work lol!

Work ended up not being do bad. It actually went by rather quickly and had some good laughs with my co workers.
We have a few clients who are known drinkers and always come in just stinkin of booze and it was a good reminder to me of how much more depressing that life style is even when I'm having a bad day sober it's so much better than a day of drinking.
Feeling grateful to be on the sober side and christmas will be 3 months! The longest I've been sober is a lil past 7 months and January will make it 4 yrs since I started the sober journey. I've had many relapses but each time I learned more and more about what to improve and lil things to do and think of when cravings hit like playing the tape all the way thru and remembering why I got sober in the first place.
SR has been such a great source of support I don't know where I would be without it.. Probly drinking still!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I hear you, BF. Even though I wish I had the unbroken chunk of time behind me, I definitely don't think that time was all a waste. I certainly don't feel as though I've started over from scratch!