Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 4

Old 01-17-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Press Start To Continue

I agree, Tres, the Hospice people are phenomenal. I can't imagine what it takes to do that work and I think they're heroes for it. I'm sorry about your grandma, Jay. Mine passed away last spring. It's rough.

Are you back from vacation now, Marine?

Hi Bostonluv, hi SunSailor. Welcome to our little crew.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Thank you for all your thoughts everyone. It didn't turn out to be much of a meeting. They moved her to a "comfort room" which sounds more like a "place to die comfortably room" to me but maybe I'm just being negative. You can't force someone to eat or take medication so it seems as if this is ultimately her decision.

Had a really good workout at the gym the past couple of days. I've been really pushing it lately. My grocery store had a HUGE sale on pizza dough, sauce and cheese last week and I stocked up on it. Then just last night I booked a trip to Myrtle Beach for a week at the end of next month. I've gone two days without touching the pizza ingredients 'cause I wanna lose 12-15 lbs in the next 6 weeks but I don't know how much longer I can hold out!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

NES - I am still on vacation. Coming home Late Saturday night. I start travelling for work as soon as I get back so that is a good thing.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Welcome Boston and SunSailor - keep posting and you'll fit right in.

Jay - Stocking up on pizza dough while trying to lose weight? Isn't that like stocking up on wine to stop drinking Just kidding because I'm not lovin my diet right now and the thought of pizza - well - yum. We have junk in the house for the kids and last night the vanilla Oreos just had my name. I couldn't take it - I only have so much will power!! I'm back on it today 45 min of cardio and chest and triceps (well kind of ... on pretty much the lowest machine setting for weights). Not much tonight except running the kids around.

Tres - sounds like a good appointment - no pills and still going strong. Great job

Hey IP - we're going to have to start calling you college girl. Classes, studying, house, kid, you don't have time to drink. And I know what you mean about romanticizing alcohol - I keep thinking about the roof we just had built over our deck so we could sit out there in the summer and drink wine I'm going to miss that - oh well

Marine - Glad you're posting again. Vacation with a bar every foot or so is hard but I'm glad you're sticking with it - keep coming back. It will stick sooner or later. Sometimes I'm shocked I haven't slipped. Nice to see you back.

NESfan - what the heck is your avatar? Zelda?

Bimm, Bruman - yo

Jay - as always I'll continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. My Father-in-law died around Thanksgiving. They had him in one of those rooms for comfort and he seemed to appreciate it. I hope your Grandmother is comfortable.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Jay, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Welcome SunSailor; welcome BostonLuv…

Marine, glad you are back & hope you keep posting.

So glad to see so many of us posting about the gym and our diets. I made the mistake of stepping on a scale tonight for the first time since the summer and am not a happy camper right now... starting Thursday I have to make some serious dietary changes.

I've been thinking that my jeans are tight because they just came out of the dryer. Who am I kidding? lol…they just don't fit anymore. I-yie-yie (sp?)...guess all those cookies and chips have caught up with me.

Yet, part of me is totally ok with my weight gain because…I am sober. That trumps everything. Now to move forward making smarter dietary changes.

((Sigh))…like everything else, one day at a time.

Good night everyone.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Tigger, the sale was BEFORE I started this diet! But now I literally have about a dozen whole wheat pizza doughs, 4 jars of sauce and a couple pounds of cheese. I'm actually really proud of myself for staring at it the past two days and not using it and going with chicken breast instead.

I just booked a flight last night and am getting a hotel for an entire week plus Valentine's Day and my girl's birthday is coming up so my finances are limited. I'm looking for a DIRT CHEAP webcam. Anyone know where I might be able to find this?
Old 01-18-2012, 12:52 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Day 60 for me.

Wishing you all a good and sober day today.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Vantrina

D
Old 01-18-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Press Start To Continue

Way to go Vantrina!

Tigger, it's from a game called Dragon Warrior that was so unpopular that Nintendo ended up giving it away for free with their magazine. The little red dude is a slime.

Safe travels, Marine. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:03 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vantrina View Post
Day 60 for me.

Wishing you all a good and sober day today.
woot woot!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Congrats, Ventrina!!!! Way to go!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Congrats Ventrina! Day 60! Happy Dance

NESfan - I have to say I love the Zelda DS game and my son is now into Skylanders. That game is fun - Spiro and friends. My girls like to just watch him play it and switch out the guys for him. I actually wish I had more time to play.

Marine - youu back home now?

Boston/Sun - how are you guys today?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Day 69 for me. Haven't stepped outside yet but it looks nice out. That's probably just a mirage though. Barely slept last night. Was on the phone til after 4AM and then Marley got sick, peed on my bed, then went downstairs and peed down there and threw up three times. I think she ate one of my prescription pills. She's still upstairs on my bed which isn't normal 'cause she follows me downstairs as soon as I get up. Going out to get her yogurt soon.

Congrats Vantrina!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Yeah Tigz, I have to say I am the most settled and stable right now that I have EVER been in my life. It's nice to just chill out and allow myself to enjoy the good things that are happening to me.
We have writing "Bootcamp" today- four hours where they initiate us into being reporters for the the school paper. Uh oh. Nervous!

NESfan I love your avatars, they take me back! I think the old nintento was the peak of video games! I never have as much fun playing the new games as I did playing those awesome old games.

Jay you don't have to spoil the girl- remember small but sweet always works too. She just wants to know you're thinking of her. Plus- if she dumps you because you didn't get her something expensive then she's shallow and you're well rid. Something tells me she's not that kind of girl though.

Hey Marine stick with us. Enjoy the rest of your holiday, we'll deal when you get back.

Hey Vantrina congrats girl!

Bye november ninjas! Have a rockin' day.

<-----college nerd
Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Jay you don't have to spoil the girl- remember small but sweet always works too. She just wants to know you're thinking of her. Plus- if she dumps you because you didn't get her something expensive then she's shallow and you're well rid. Something tells me she's not that kind of girl though.
I know It's a bad habit I have. She doesn't even want a birthday present. She says the trip is her present. I'll probably just do flowers and candy for Valentine's. But you're right, she's definitely not shallow
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey guys - I haven't caught up on all the back posts yet.

Vantrina - Congrats on the 60 days! That's a big one. I have 50 days now. Yea! I really am going to plan and get my 60 day chip when the time comes because for me this time around it's important to celebrate my sober days.

Got up this morning and did my meditation with the girls and then we read all through "How It Works" which made several of us queasy thinking of all the step work we have to do and looking in every nook and corner (taking inventory).

In a minute I'll be off to a new women's meeting and will meet up with my sponsor and start going through the Big Book. I'll probably check in later. Kind of dragging my feet today as it's so cold and I'd like to just hang out in my pjs all day and stay warm. Oh well! I should probably check into the morning gratitude link before i head and have an attitude adjustment.

Glad I have this place to check in with. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you in time. Have a good morning!

Since I am NOT on a diet I will enjoy every bite of my bacon and butter croissant for you all.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hey Boston

my meditation with the girls
is that with your dogs or do you have kids? I'd never be able to meditate with my kids - they can't stay quiet and not fighting for 5 minutes lol
Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hey Tigger - I live in a women's sober living home right now. Been here 18 days and every morning M-F we have meditation. I really enjoy starting my day that way.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Boston. I bet. I used to meditate - then I had children lol. I used to do yoga too. I miss it and hope to get back to it when my youngest gets a bit more self-sufficient.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

hey everyone. I had a good day today. Busy at the hospital. I do enjoy seeing patients. Helps put things into perspective and its also makes you feel good when you can help others through a rough time. Wednesday afternoons used to be a trigger as I would be swamped and running like crazy and couldnt wait to get home for that first drink. (I deserved it after a long stressful day).

I thought of it briefly today and only for a fraction of a second. The feeling totally left me and never came back. Grateful for that.

My last drink was Oct 31, 2011 for you new people. I stopped counting days.

Marine, get back on your feet, enjoy the rest of your vacation and keep posting.

Jay I hope your dog is better. Sounds like you are treating the gal to a nice trip! Can you give some hints to my hubby?? Dont go off the deep end and scare her away. I hope you dont take that in a mean way. Just been there and done that.

Tigger, hope you are well. I understand about the deck roof, we have the dock. Summer will be tough. I have dkne a couple of yoga classes and really liked the relaxation I get with that workout. I just cant fit everything in that I want to do....

Boston, your meditation sounds like a great way to start the day. I should try that too. I do try to have some quiet time and pray for a couple of minutes before I hit the ground running.

I am really enjoying my sobriety right now. I feel more at peace and seem to like myself a lot better. No guilt, or bad self talk.

I am having good days and bad with eating, but I am not making a big deal out of it. At least I am not pouring all those empty calories down my throat.

Hope you all have a peaceful night.