Whiners Anonymous Part 22

Old 04-03-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It ISN'T fair Jerz. Very unfair. :ghug3
Old 04-03-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Resident

I actually think your whine is much more important Jerz. It is disgusting how North American societies treat their citizens.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
cmc

I sure could use a bailout to repay all the $$ in savings I've lost due to others' actions.

It's nice to see Surly and Dee drop in! Hello to limehat too. SR...I'm from MI too.
Dee's avi needs some body wax.

Eidetic, welcome to Whiners.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm slow today... took me a while to realize who 'limehat' is! Hi Cathy! Hope you're not feeling so lonely today.:ghug3
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Here's limehead in 60 years...

I hear ya fube. Can you say Enron? Hope you whiners are havin' a good day. I am.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Those thieves in the night are at it again! I forgot to put my purse in the drawer Wednesday night, and got taken for $10. We had a rash of thefts last year...this is the first (for me) in a long time...but, it only takes once to let your guard down. Really pi$$e$ me off!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Originally Posted by Surlyredhead View Post
I am lonely tonight, and it doesn't please me.
Cathy..

Hope you are feeling better today, not so lonely! :ghug3:
Old 04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I am mad for you Jerz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have cameras?

:
Old 04-03-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's disgusting Jerz! Is there no safe place anywhere these days??
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
That's disgusting Jerz! Is there no safe place anywhere these days??
I wonder that myself. This is a sad world we live in.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

welcome to whiners Eid!

ken, i'm pee'n my pants!
Old 04-03-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Jersey I am so sorry for your loss, doesnt make it any easier I know!
Hiyas Unk! Thank you all for the best wishes, of that I have good and bad news, due to my sugar,it was 597 the night before sugery......so it was cancelled, mean while I am in the worst kind of pain cant figure it out urinating straight blood all hel! breaking lose they do a cat scan and find out......drum roll please.......we cant do the surgery anyways we have no way to catorize you.......you have kidney stones in both of your kidneys ans uriter( think that is how you spell it)...............sooooooooooooo now I get to pass stones and all of this other crap dopped up outta my mind and still feeling the pain.....go figure!!!
I have come to the conclusion that it doesnt rain in my part of the world.....It flippin TYPHOONS!!!!!!!!

I have missed ya all!

Love,
Pamm
Old 04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Jerz - that's really awful about your purse
Glad you wrote what you did to the British woman about Mrs O because:
(and this is from The Times yesterday)

"When Michelle Obama put her arm round the Queen at Buckingham Palace, some of the more excitable elements of the media suggested she may have been guilty of a breach of protocol.

They missed the real story, however. What was far more interesting was that the Queen put her arm round the First Lady.

It is less than 20 years ago that the Australian Prime Minister was branded “the Lizard of Oz” for committing the supposedly heinous crime of putting his hand on the Queen’s back during an official tour of Australia.

Now the Queen is not just putting up with physical gestures of affection from a woman she has only just met, but is reciprocating with one of her own.

The footage does not make it clear who made the first move. But given the Queen’s track record - she is not a woman known for doing warm, at least not in public - the fact that Mrs Obama is American, and that the President spent most of the first part of the day putting his arm round Gordon Brown, it can safely be assumed that it was the First Lady who took the initiative.

A breach of protocol? Hardly. Buckingham Palace was very relaxed today about the incident, and attitudes there have changed significantly since the days of Mr Keating and his lese-majesty. And no, they don’t issue instructions to people about not touching the Queen.

“This was a mutual and spontaneous display of affection and appreciation between The Queen and Michelle Obama,” said a Palace spokeswoman.

Almost from the moment they first met it was clear that the Queen and the Obamas were getting on well. They joked together, and by the time came to pose for photographs they were acting almost like old friends. Which, considering that they met for the first time that afternoon, was quick work."
Old 04-03-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I am really upset right now..... I post dated a check for today, the 3rd. I'm on a fixed
income and my check goes in to my account today. They ran the check through on the 2nd. This put my account in the neg and now they charged me 138.00 in fee's. I talked with someone from the bank and they said it does not matter what date you put on the check as long as you signed it. The fee's have not even gone through but they will not reverse the charges. I now have .71 cents in my account....
This is really upsetting!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

OMG...Kendra...that's awful! Have you spoken to someone who has the authority to waive the charges? Sometimes they will, if it's a first infraction. My own bank has a policy of waiving overcharges...but, only once in every year. It's worth a try! Plead poverty...wouldn't be far from the truth!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

((((Kendra))))

I've been there too. Not a happy place to be. I agree with Jerz, talk to a higher up if you can.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I have talked with someone on the phone... It was a no go... But I also emailed them.. And I will go in person on Monday...
I'm just really having a bad day... Today is my Dad's birthday and he passed last year.. My bf is kinda being wishy washy about our future plans.. He says one thing... then today he said something else..... I just feel close to tears.......
Good news is I have NOT SMOKED... It's day 11 for me......

Thanks for listening......
Old 04-03-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by espresso View Post
Thanks, as I'm 5-8 hours ahead, here are some more...such an honor for us that we are the first country to receive the President and his wife

IMPOSTER!!!!

Old 04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hands off the royal bootie!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Yes, I trust that the Queen is finally not having an "annus horribilus". The Obamas are a good role model for all us of getting along.