Notices

Just a quite trivial question really part 2

Old 11-15-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Well....what about me? It means I don't belong anywhere!!!!!!! I wanna belong to a club too!!!!!!

Maybe we can like use the stick to destroy all thread barriors and become one with SR!!!!

Be still my child. You belong here with your kin folk.

Why don't you start a Century and Under Club? If anyone beats that then we really are onto something.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
hmmmmm....interesting. I've moved up from the two weeks thread twice, and imagine my dismay when I found people on the one month thread who were only a few days sober!!

I do not jest!! I felt cheated and completely attribute my subsequent relapses to this. Timzup, I nominate you to make the mods change the name of the above threads so that things are clearer. eg: the two weeks and one day and over.... to.... one month and under thread - catchy!!

Do you think we will ever get there? I'd settle for a three days and under thread.

I see, kinda like getting a bronze 25m breaststoke badge when you actually did 50m?

Can't change Mods. Buzzing around on their Vespas, wearing parkas, and harping on about how great Quadrophenia was.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

watch it timmy...thats my era your ragging on!!!

(ok ok so I had to google it to find out what it was)
Old 11-15-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

We'd all qualify for the Century and Under Club - we could rename the Trivial thread when we start Part 3!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't post on subst. abbuse threads, but here is the answer to your question LB:

a huffer is an external engine that creates large volumes of pressurized air used to start large gas turbine jet engines on some types of aircraft.

The huffer works by blowing compressed air via flexible hose to the aircraft's bleed air system. From there, the air flows via a pilot controlled valve to the engine's starter motor. The starter motor converts the energy of the moving air to rotational torque. The starter motor is linked via shaft to the N2 or core of the engine and spins the compressor and first stage turbine. Once there is enough air flowing through the compressor and the combustion chamber to light the engine, fuel in the form of vapourised kerosene starts flowing and an igniter similar to a spark plug ignites the fuel. Then fuel flow is increased to spin the engine up to its normal idle speed, at which point the engine is self-sustaining and no longer needs the support of the starter.

In some earlier jet engines, the air from the huffer acted directly on the compressor or turbine blades to cause them to spin without the need for the air starter motor.

Some aircraft turbine engines do not use compressed air to start, but instead are started using an electric starter motor. This is attached to the main turbine shaft and does the same job as the air starter motor. The application of the huffer is primarily seen when an aircraft's Auxiliary Power Unit is not working, or to military aircraft, many of which use a huffer to save on weight.
lmao
Old 11-15-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

aaaaaalllllright.... time to be honest. I've nothing against this thread at all, the truth is I've been out tonight. Yup, O U T, out. I drove with the wife to keep a careful eye on me and indulged in the pleasures of non-alcoholic pigswill within the company of some well oiled drinking companions who had achieved a formidable head start prior to our arrival.

They rambled on, they fell over the place, each one of them thought they were 10 times more interesting than they actually were. For approximately 2 hours my entire input to all conversation had consisted of, "really?" , "does it?" , "my word, that's amazing!", "golly" , "oh, I'm sorry about that" and "wow". If any one of these had got the slightest inkling that I disapproved, disagreed or was bored as I actually was then I suspect I would have had my head kicked in.

I guess you all think I'm disturbed by this. I'm not. I'm worried that I was like that too.

Happily, it's 11pm now and I have my hot chocolate and cookies to forget all about it.

Night, night.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I can answer your question timmy....yep...thats what you were like

but so were we so your in good company now
Old 11-15-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Be still my child. You belong here with your kin folk.
I know it isn't the proper place and all...but had to say...you made me cry timmy......I think thats one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me!
Old 11-15-2008, 04:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Thank you Nands, however you managed to sort that out.

Course it shouldn't have needed sorted it you'd had your eye on the pulse from the start !!!!!

These things are important you know.

Used to be if someone invited you round for a cup of tea it meant they made a pot of tea, milk jugs, proper cups, maybe even some egg and cress sarnies or some jam & cream scones.

Nowadays though, its a teabag in the mug and some Safeway digestives ( chocolate if your lucky ) straight from the packet.

All these drops in standards start somewere.

Wife beat me at just about everything on the WII, haven't had such a sore arm from having fun since ...................

actually I won't go there.

Its late now though, night guys
Old 11-15-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Your kids aren't going to get a look in at that Wii, are they Fizzy?

Very impressive Timzup. The last big social occasion I went to, I was dreading, but the main thing I noticed was how little other people actually drink. I don't know why they bother really.

Night nands, I am now going to toss and turn in my bed in an attempt to get some sleep.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You did well staying sober when you went out mate. Its shocking how boring people are when they drink. Also LB you are spot on about how little people actually drink at social events. What is the point?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I used to drink before I went out, load up on painkillers to slow my drinking down a bit while I was out and then make damn sure I had something to drink when I got back so I could drink properly.

I can't imagine having to hide my drinking from a partner. I listen to people at meetings, and I just think, what a nightmare! My ex b/f was an alcoholic, my ex husband an alcoholic, so there was just no-one to restrict me.

There is this bit in the big book which cracks me up. It's in one of the stories at the back and he's talking about trying to figure out if he's an alkie:

"An alcoholic is someone who needs to drink every day, even if it is just the one. A person with a drinking problem is someone who can't stop drinking once they start. So by definition, I'm an alcoholic with a drinking problem."
Hands up to that one!!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post

Wife beat me at just about everything on the WII, haven't had such a sore arm from having fun since ...................

Is it the slimline version ? In Scotland known as the Wee WII ?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Nowadays though, its a teabag in the mug and some Safeway digestives ( chocolate if your lucky ) straight from the packet.

All these drops in standards start somewere.

actually I won't go there.

Its late now though, night guys
Thought you would have a strong arm Fizzy. You must stir that cauldron a lot! And no-one gets biscuits with their tea in my house.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Morning folks. The sun is shining, air is fresh, feeling bright eyed and bushy-tailed. Blue skies and fresh morning dew, bliss.

Makes me want to call up each of the hung-over, headache-ridden imbaciles from last night and talk non-stop insane jibberish down the phone to see how they frigging like it.

Alright, yes, I know. Resentment is the trigger etc etc.

Good morning everybody, and that includes everyone in the ONE year and under but over two weeks and various landmarks in between except for Nands because she doesn't belong anywhere club.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by timzup View Post

Good morning everybody, and that includes everyone in the ONE year and under but over two weeks and various landmarks in between except for Nands because she doesn't belong anywhere club.
hmmmph! You've left out me and Wibble, we are on day 2. (stomp, stomp, stomp, SLAM!!)
Old 11-16-2008, 03:11 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Awwww... LB Don't get a humph on. It's because you guys are so special you are beyond any half-hearted jesture posted on a community forum. You guys have a special place on a piece of paper in which I keep in my top shirt pocket - close to my heart as can be........

..... [sound of vomit hitting the tarmac]
Old 11-16-2008, 03:22 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

http://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HIGH-FLYING-guinea-pig-(fridge-magnet)_W0QQitemZ400009104678QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ 20081114?IMSfp=TL0811141210004r29246[/URL]HIGH FLYING guinea pig (fridge magnet) on eBay, also, Guinea Pigs, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (end time 18-Nov-08 23:17:46 GMT)

My first attempt at posting a link - just click on the blue bit!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:47 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I want a Wii!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

You know what to do, Stone! Start your Father Christmas letter now, and there will be a surprise in your stocking!

Fizzy - at last, nands told me how to look at profiles. Don't you look the dog's b*llocks in your kilt? What a gorgeous family, tho! Got to say, you look very much like I imagined you.

I'm going to practice putting pictures on my profile. My daughter has just painted my face - I'm supposed to be a butterfly, but I look like a car accident. But first, 10 minutes cleaning, lol!!