Notices

Where can I hear stories?

Old 07-10-2006, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where can I hear stories?

I've been to a few NA meetings in my area and I plan to keep going. I am having trouble 'connecting' to the members because I'm having trouble relating to their situations. I believe this is due to the fact they don't talk about their situations, only their recovery. I want to know there are people out there with situations like mine, who have been where I am. I guess I need to hear there stories. Problem is, they don't seem to do that in meetings much...rather they focus on 'Today'.

I got a small NA booklet that had a few personal stories in it, and that seemed to help. I chatted with a guy after the NA meeting the other day and he shared a little. That helped. Is there another place (website, a book, etc) where I can do some reading about other peoples addiction stories?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Welcome Cain!

I know exactly where you're coming from. I LOVE to hear other addicts' shares. It helps me so much in my recovery. No matter what, I can always find something to identify with or learn from. We're definitely never alone.

There are a few different websites that you can download speakers and listen to them on your computer, iPod, or burn to a CD. Here are a couple I like:

Speakers

XA-Speakers - The lights are on!

And this is a recovery internet radio station you can listen to over your computer Euphoria Recovery Radio

Hope that helps.

Kelly

Oh, and P.S. there's also the NA Blue Book ... the second half of the book is filled with personal recovery stories. Ask for one of those books at your next meeting.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Um the one that says (Speaker) no url there Kelly anyway the otherone came up....

Stories maybe you might want to read My "I'm Still ALIVE" Thread....that out to help you stay clean.

Love Vic
Old 07-10-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Originally Posted by luckyv2
Um the one that says (Speaker) no url there Kelly
Hmm, that's weird. It comes up when I click on it. Well, if it doesn't work, just type www.naspeakers.com in your browser, then click on "New Speakers". That'll getcha thar.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

From another website I go to... there are pages & pages of people's personal recovery stories...from as far back as 2002...
including mine.
Welcome to SR!
Keep comming back!

http://www.sober24.com/Discussions/18/

Edited to add that the link only takes ya to the home page...you've got to go to "Weekly Topic"...then "Your stories"
Old 07-10-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink

Originally Posted by Time4Change
Hmm, that's weird. It comes up when I click on it. Well, if it doesn't work, just type www.naspeakers.com in your browser, then click on "New Speakers". That'll getcha thar.
Now I what happen but this time it showed, that is cyber world for ya