Notices

refresher course

Old 07-08-2006, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

refresher course

Just popped in home for a minute. Area PI is puting on an event today called "Spiritual Awareness"

"Our willingness to grow spirtually is what leeps us bouyant in our recovery"
A few of the Trenton crew are there.. good to seem them dawgs up close within spitting distance.

I want to thank God for putting them onto my life through first this website, and now close enough to hug.

And I want to thank one of the speakers that reminded me just how deadly misinformation can be.

It's all well and good to offer support and encouragement to the still struggling addict, however if the information we present is based in ego and not the program of Narcotics Anonymous which is the literature, then we are not doing God's will but merely stroking our own egos and sympathizing with our peers.

Think about it .. when you car is broken down by the side of the road, would you rather have a person show up to help you that has the tools and knowledge based in experience to fix it and get you running again?

or would you rather have a moron who feels sorry for you because he's been stuck by the roadside, guessing as to what you should try to get going again?

The answers are in the literature. Get bouyant!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gooch
The answers are in the literature. Get bouyant!
Amen, Sir Gooch. Thanks for another gem.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Addict

Thanks for the reminder, Gooch. It is wonderful to have people by your side to understand and support you. But when we make decisions and ask for help to progress, we have to look to the proven path. I am still learning this path, and it's people like you and many others here that help to keep me heading in the right direction. I appreciate it so much.

Jennifer