Notices

Need something.........

Old 11-01-2005, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I can do this!

Need something.........

Hi everyone,

I've posted on here a few times. I have an addiction to percocet. I've been taking it for 18 months now. My husband gets 240 5mg pills a month for an injury he suffered and every month is the same battle for me. I tell myself that I will quit for real as soon as they're gone, sometimes I tell myself I'll stop taking them while they're still here because it will then be my choice and not just because I can't find any or whatever. This is so frustrating to me because while I know all the reasons why I should stop, another part of me (the addict part) doesn't really want to stop.

Im no stranger to addiction in the sense that my husband is a cocaine addict. He hasn't used in quite a while but is not in recovery or working a program. I'm an active member of Al Anon and Co Anon, but I must say lately as much as I love my groups I feel like a phoney there because it's as if I've *joined the other side* so to speak.

I guess my question is............how do I get myself to finally make a real commitment to get sober? To completley stop taking them and instead of making all kinds of crazy deal in my head throughout the day yet ending up taking even more than yesterday.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kathy, it appears that you are going to the wrong meetings. Try going to Narcotics Anonymous and go there for yourself. See if you meet anyone or hear some suggestions that would fit well with you personality and use of the prescription drug or any drug for that matter. The operative word is "Intervention."
Let us know how you make out!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

I'll 2nd that!!

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

NA meetings are great.
I could not stay clean until I got in the program.
Check NA out and see what you think.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea, I'd Sat Sit In A Na Meeting And See If You Relate, Support Will Help Your Journey If You Allow The Help. Dont Compare Stories Either, I'd Just Try To See If The Emotions People In Na Are Similar.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

i agree with all above i can trying to work two programs as well. my alcoholic side and my alanon side. almost everyone i know is double sided so dont worry they wont think your a phoney at the NA meeting. this diease runs in the family. good luck i love my meetings!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had a smililar experience. I came out of rehab and my husband takes Lortab for a chronic hip problem. I told my husband to keep the lortab with him all of the time and do not let me have any. When he couldnt keep them on him, he would hide them. Its drastic, but it worked.