Notices

percocet withdrawal

Old 05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
No expectations!

In my opinion, working with your healthcare providers is a good idea. And being honest with them and yourself is essential.

My experience with chronic pain and the meds used to treat it is that the drugs really just kept the pain going. They would help for a little while, then I would be worse off than when I started. When I got clean, I had to go through a lot of pain for a month or so. I have to admit it got worse before it got better. BUT...after suffering from the pain for over 4 and a half years and going through treatment, I have only had to take narcotics once in over seven years and that was when I had knee surgery.

Take hope! You may also want to check out some Narcotics Anonymous meetings. They will definitely understand. Best to you!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-30-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Percocet dependency from two weeks at a low dose?

okay so I'm 16 (17 in November) i wont give out much more than that for privacy reasons. don't know if anyone still uses this thread anymore but its worth a shot. i was diagnosed with kidney stones three weeks ago, first they had me on Vicodin and when the pain got out of hand they switched me to percocet. i stopped taking it three days ago and i feel like something the cat dragged in chewed up and spit back out again. my back hurts and my hands are shaking as i type this. my head hurts almost constantly and i cant drink that much water because it actually gives me heartburn when i do. I barely sleep and don't want to leave my bed even when I'm hot or cold or need to eat. and i have been biting the heads off of my family members since i came off of the drug. I'm trying to flush my system but I'm just so tired of the pain, and i passed the dang stone four days ago so i know its not from that. i know whats wrong with me but that doesn't help much, anyone have words of comfort to offer? -complicatedgrl
Old 08-30-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Welcome Complicatedgirl!

Sounds like you are definitely in withdrawal. This will pass, I guarentee in just a couple more days you will feel a lot better. Glad your stone passed. Stay hydrated and rest.

blessings, Lily