Notices

Close to NJ?

Old 05-11-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Close to NJ?

Anyone close to South NJ? I live alone and most of my friends either take pills or smoke weed. Keeping myself from them and deciding not to hang out with them has been difficult. Well, if anyone is close by....we can always throw some DVD's in, slap some food on the grill, whatever comes to mind. Hanging out with people that are in the same boat as me are much more understanding and I've found out that doing the simplest things like cleaning, watching a movie, cooking, with each other helps! I'm not cool anymore. I don't care if some one thinks I'm an ididot, a dork, a geek...I'm doing what ever I need to do to stay clean...and being with other people like that will just help more. Hey, making new friends is always a plus. So, if anyone is near South NJ let me know. Email me at
opentoe******.com if you are interested in stopping by....and I really don't care what color, race, gender, etc....you are.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

www.na.org meeting link on top, fill out where you are and how many mile radious you can, there you will find pleanty of people to hang with.

Peace Todd J.

BTW- what town are you in?
Old 05-11-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm just in PA.

Right across the bridge from Trenton. I am always up for a Road Trip to a meeting. Just let me know.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

just curious...what part of south jersey are you in? i grew up and lived there for years. i have a son in north wildwood. hoping for a trip up sometime this summer. and if i may ask, your age?? cuz i commend you for standing your ground!!!!! trust me, you will be a much better person for it.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am 34. I live in the Pemberton Township area. Pinelands some might say. Here it is 3:30am in the morning and I can't sleep. Tossing and turning, going through those physical withdrawals. I'm thinking about maybe going to a doctor that can give me some thing for these withdrawl symptoms...but I can't use my normal doctor. He's one of those types that hates writing scrips for anything...and if I go in there tell him I'm trying to get off narcotics he would probably just say you don't need anything. Does anyone know doctors in South NJ that are aware of what I'm going through and might provide some help for me? Just for these physical cravings???

When looking for a doctor does Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation fall into the category of what I'm looing for?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For the physical withdrawl, if you've already done a couple days, you are almost through. It takes about 3 - 5 days for the worst of the symptoms to pass.

Drink alot of water, eat light meals (even if you feel you can't keep it down, eat a little something), tylenol for the aches and pains, hot baths and showers for the aches and pains, and try Tylenol PM at night so you can get a little sleep. You won't sleep very much for a while, but your sleep patterns will return. Try doing things to keep your mind off of the withdrawl.

I came off of opiates cold turkey, and I know it's horrible, but it can be done. You can get through this. You seem determined.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is brutal. It's only my very second day of not popping any pills. I have been to the bathroom about 20 times already and I have to say, I'm like a water fountain. It's embarassing to say...but I'm sure a lot of people understand what exactly I'm talking about. I rented some DVD's, took some imodium and I guess I'll see what happens. Just because of this bathroom thing I may not be able to attend a meeting tonight! Ironic this is. If I can probably make it through today, that will probably be my hump day. Once I'm over that hump I think I'll be ok. Lack of sleep, no food, living in the bathroom, feeling like crap, it takes a toll on your body.

Originally Posted by namommy
For the physical withdrawl, if you've already done a couple days, you are almost through. It takes about 3 - 5 days for the worst of the symptoms to pass.

Drink alot of water, eat light meals (even if you feel you can't keep it down, eat a little something), tylenol for the aches and pains, hot baths and showers for the aches and pains, and try Tylenol PM at night so you can get a little sleep. You won't sleep very much for a while, but your sleep patterns will return. Try doing things to keep your mind off of the withdrawl.

I came off of opiates cold turkey, and I know it's horrible, but it can be done. You can get through this. You seem determined.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hang in there you will be ok it is almost over another day or two and you will be feeling better.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BikerBill8
Hang in there you will be ok it is almost over another day or two and you will be feeling better.
Thank you very much. Even though I physically feel awful and the crave of throwing down some pills is intense I'm also excited at the same time to be myself again. Not having to revolve my life around a friggin bottle of pills. Every decision I made while taking pills was around getting more pills. Nothing did matter in my life, except that. I can't wait until I can look in the mirror and finally see myself again. My mouth is watering right now to throw some thing down...my entire body is craving/wanting it. It's not even to get high...but to take the edge off and just feel a little better. But I guess 1 is too many right now, since a couple more days the worst physical crap will be over. I really appreciate everyone's comments and support. It's amazing to see so many people helping each other out...I had no idea.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep coming back, it just gets better.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there Opentoe.Im in Jersey right now working.I will send you a PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Truth is the only lasting joy

Opentoe,

You sound just like me, and I'm from Jersey too!! I've been clean for a little while now, but MAN!!! Do I remember when...

The meetings help, there is a lot of strong recovery in Burlington and Willingboro and all over your area. If you pm me I could probably hit you off with some phone numbers of some recovering addicts in your area.

Holla back & hang in there...

Shakur