Notices

41 hours since my last encounter w my demon

Old 03-23-2005, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

41 hours since my last encounter w my demon

This is my first time on any chat room, let alone one dealing with my addiction. This is very new as is my attempt to better myself. I am putting this out there with hopes of some reassuring advice and stories. Just reaching out.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

when i read the NA basic text, it felt as if part of me had written parts of that book-
when i came into meetings, it felt as if a part of me sat in nearly every seat
i have some years clean now but the reality is that it took being surrounded by folk all intent on doing this thing too- WE have done this....
you have a place here

mackat
Old 03-23-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome LS .. !

All I can share is that after 15 years of spiraling down and finally getting sick and tired of facing the same old smae chase every day, when I got willing to try something else, these addicts kept encouraging me to try just not getting high a day at a time and after a few false starts, it's been working really well for me for a little over 14 years.

the difference for me is like black and white.

In the old days it was "ugh .. I have to do this again today?"

Now on most days it's " kewl I get to do this again today?"
Old 03-23-2005, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ok this is the hard part.....admitting to MY addiction. I was married to an alcoholic, that was HIS addicition, I dealt the best I could. For the past year and a half, I have suffered with leg pains...went to the Dr. was put on Lortab for pain...well needless to say during the course of this year I have become addicted...I am NOT ready to be completly honest right now with everything....I am not sure IF I can ever tell the whole truth to the "public" but.......I gotta start....I am 48 hours without...I dont ever EVER want to go through what that past 48 hours have been for me.....how do I start to "recover"...how do I get through the legit pain without Lortab? What do I need to do? What/where can I turn???
:-((
Old 03-23-2005, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hang in there ! its not easy, but its so worth it. in about a week you will feel so much better! no matter how sick you feel get to as many meetings as you can.the people you meet there will help you more than i can say.for me it has been about chasing my recovery the way i chased my high!you will get sronger with each day clean just dont use.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
whataday

Keep reachin!

chris

P.S. God bless you.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard LS...
You have taken the first big step by acknowledging the addiction and by coming here to learn how to deal with the demon.
There are alot of wonderful folks here, you are not alone in this journey.
nomaste'
Old 03-24-2005, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Sturpin....I also have an addiction to Vicodin. Today is day 3 without, and i had the worst night ever last night....i couldnt sleep because the cramps and bone and muscle ache in my legs was more than i could handle. I talked to my husband last night and told him everything...this is the second time i have tried to get off these nasty pills. It all started about 5 years ago, when i started having migraine headaches, my doctor just kept giving me more and more pills. Then when they sent me to pain management i would find people that sold them and i started to get them that way as well as buying them from on-line pharmacies. I started to steal them from my family when they were perscribed Vicodin for medical problems they were having. That makes me feel like a piece of sh**!!!!!!!! I am soooo done with it though, and i dont ever want to take one again. You can get through this and just remember the pain and suffering that you HAVE to go through everytime you stop.

anyways, i just wanted to say you are not alone and the longer you wait to stop...the more pills your body will require to get that high which means it will get harder and harder to give it up...i hope you stay strong
Old 03-24-2005, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((LS))) Welcome to SoberRecovery.This is a great place to find support.I hope you come back.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
This catz gone wild!!!

Welcome LS, Sturpin, and Not That Girl. I am too a pill addict. I hate to say it, hate to admit it, but I have no other choice. Its either admit it, do something about it, or keep the denial going and end up busted financial, spiritually, and emotionally, not only that as a result, but jail, death, or the nut house in my future! I am also a chronic pain patient, with multiple injuries aquired over a couple of years, plus wear and tear from being a diligent martial artist. Well my activity levels may be down to nearly 0, but I would much rather rest to get well then spend $300/a week on illicit pills and dried poppy pods so that I can get out of bed each morning and be high, depressed, angry, then nervous about where the next dose is coming from. YUCK! I am right here with you! Keep coming back, it does get better. Its already getting better for me and I have only been sober for 10 days!

Luv;

Jaz
Old 03-24-2005, 05:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to you all. This trip is well worth it. I am just an addict. Addicted to anything and everything. As long as it made me feel good. I had to learn how to stay clean, step by step, day by day. I am very tired tonite, but grateful that I am tired because I just put in a 13 hour work day, instead of passing out from drugs. Hang in there, enjoy the ride.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hi thanks not that girl. I KNOW exactly the pain you went through...today is day 3 without, and when I was cleaning i found a Lortab, I looked at it and said OH H*** no i will NEVER go through this again.....I have stooped probably lower than scum to provide for my addiction, now it has cost me a LOT ... but I cant drown nor will I drown in self pity, I did it..now i suffer, I got arrested and now am facing misdemeanor charges, Petty theft and possession of a controlled substance...but this is NOTHING compared to the pain from withdrawal...and ya know my b/f who is 22+ years sober is NOT supportive....I am so hurt he says the pain is in my head..HA please explain that to the legs, and the spasms, and the chills, if it was only in my head...today has been better, and i know tomorrow will be even better...I have attended AA and al anon, and never thought I had a problem HA boy I am a bonified nut case eh...well my head is high, my spirits are so/so.....but my future is bright...and all is gonna be ok, cause i know i will never ever EVER go through this again. BUT i do wonder how do you control legit pain?? I never want another pain pill again....but I also want to have a quality life...
Old 03-24-2005, 06:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome all Newcomers