In Tramadol hell.....

Old 12-27-2004, 07:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
kaduceuskitty

Originally Posted by eddie z.
Yeah, both of y'all!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
????....me?.... I am Eddie.... I have found the place and the times they meet...I am just in the wrong city right now....I won't return home until after the 11th of January....but soon....

Love to everyone..

Old 12-28-2004, 02:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
An Addict name Jerome.......

Hello kitty.

I hope you had a great christmas kitty. I'm sorry that this is the first time I responded to your post, I still suffer from chronic uniqueness at times. Meaning; We come from two different worlds, and we used in different ways. Our problem is the same, we are addicts who desire a better life for ourselfs. We are always going to be addicts, we never kick this thing. Our drug use is just a symptom of a bigger problem, the 12 steps helps us to face that bigger problem in our lives and start dealing with it. Don't put it off no longer, go to some meetings where you are at, you don't have to be clean at first, you just have to have a desire to stop using. All us addicts suffer from chronic uniqueness don't let it hold you back. They are a doctor, two nurses, and a pharmacist that go to the same home group I do. That's a beautiful thing about NA, no matter where we come from in life we can and do recover together. I'm on the Pegasys/Copegus treatment for Hep-C and the side effects at first was he!!, 1/12/04 I was told that I was type 2 diabetic, and my blood work came back that I had hep-c, my liver biopsy came back that I had chronic hepatitis with cirrhosis. The first liver doctor sent me to the Emory Clinic to be put on the list for a transplant. I was freaking out, I had stop talking to my sponsor, stopped going to my home group, and my recovery was in danger. I was setting in the waiting room of my PCP's office, and out of the blue walk in my sponsor, it was God telling me I am not along. With my sponsor's help, and the support of my NA family I was able to turn down the narcotics they offered me to deal with the side effects, and panic attacks. And God gave me some very good addict friendly doctors at Emory. The first doctor was wrong, the doctor at Emory said I did not need a transplant, after 16 weeks on tx my blood test came back undetected of the hep-c. And I have 22 weeks to go on tx, and we expect for me to be clear of the virus, and most important to me I will still be clean and sober. I'm also getting non diabetic readings (80-100). So you see how this is a life and death choose for me, I thank God for NA, thru it he saved my life. It belongs to all of us, it was freely given to us to pass on, and they are a chair waiting for you. Thanks for letting me share.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I'm sorry, KK. I didn't know. That is, like, totally awesome!!!!!! Let us know how it goes, OK?

And Imagine, thank YOU for sharing!

Peace, love, and s,
Eddie
Old 05-30-2005, 09:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am also addicted

Hi I am addicted to Tramadol,but now I stoped taking it because I started taking about 20 a day and started having seizures so I started taking darvocet I take about 10 a day. I am strating to take a antidepresant because in 2 weeks I am going to try to taper off the darvocet.I am very deppressed so I need an antidepresanty. My withdraws are also unbearable and I have 2 little girls so it is very hard if I cannot function because I literally can't function, I can't get out of bed and I have kids to take care of.This is the hardest thing I have ever gone thru in my life.Please contact me so I can know how you are doing.My e-mail is alanis_y2001******.com
Old 05-30-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((alanis))),
Are you waiting the two weeks to give the antidepressant some time to work? I don't quite understand. Twenty Darvocet a day is really hard on your liver. If you have to be on something for maintenance until you're ready to detox, then it should probably be Suboxone, or even methadone, or maybe plain Darvon. The doctor who has been prescribing the tramadol and the Darvocet should be able to help you through the withdrawals with something like clonidine. You may not even need an antidepressant once you've been clean for a while.

In the meantime, I suggest you find a support group, like Narcotics Anonymous, for instance. Your doc can help, we can help, and NA can help. You don't have to go through this alone! Best wishes in your recovery!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 05-30-2005, 10:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

pain killer addiction

Thank you very much your words are sweet.I am taking 10 darvocet not 20 but I know that is still alot.I will tell my psychiatrist about the suboxone that you mentioned. what is that?
Old 05-30-2005, 10:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome! Suboxone is a substitute opiate used for maintenance and detoxification. Here is the website all about it. And yes, 10 Darvocet a day gives you too much of the Tylenol component for the liver to handle. The sooner you can get off that stuff, the better! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Love and hugs,
Eddie

P.S. Here is the NA meeting schedule for San Antonio.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about Ultram, I didn't think you could get addicted to it.

However, re: the 10 Darvs a day, that sounds like something you could taper. It's a lot, but I used to take that many 10/625 Hydrocodones a day before I switched to Norco and then managed to taper. Anytime the word methadone is used, that's a scary prospect. I wouldn't even try to go there unless you have a much more serious addiction.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks for sharing,
Andygirl,
and
Congratulations
on OVER a week
clean AND sober!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
:bravo