Notices

family members and marijuana

Old 11-25-2004, 04:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
natalie

family members and marijuana

Can anyone tell me any possible ways to help a family member get off marijuana. Can we as family do anything to get a person off the drugs. Help please
Old 11-25-2004, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was taught that all we can do is lead by example. We pray for them, and maybe leave recovery literature where they can see it. Other than that, it is up to them. They have to want this.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Truth is the only lasting joy

namommy is right...

Did this family member ask for help? Have they expressed any interest in wanting to stop? If the answer is yes, maybe you could help them get into treatment, ask them if they want to got to a meeting, continue to be a vision of hope.

If the answer is no, ask yourself why do YOU think they need help.

peace...
Old 11-25-2004, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
natalie

Originally Posted by Shakur T.
namommy is right...

Did this family member ask for help? Have they expressed any interest in wanting to stop? If the answer is yes, maybe you could help them get into treatment, ask them if they want to got to a meeting, continue to be a vision of hope.

If the answer is no, ask yourself why do YOU think they need help.

peace...
This person I dont think has any intention on stopping marijuana. Although changes in attitude, personality, looks are all happening. I dont really know why she smokes it but I can really see that her life is going down the toilet.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is hard to watch those we love fall. But, sometimes we need to skin our knees before we realize we should be on them anyway.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Some of my skinned kness came from a bruised ego.

I had friends and family members who were concerned about my use and tol me so. Sometimes they tried to make their point bluntly, and sometimes they showed me love and compassion. While their efforts may have planted some seeds, it took me many years to recognize the amount of damage and loss. By then my life had been in teh toilet for a long time, and I wasn't talking to most of those who had tried to point outto me what I was doing.

It's ultimately your decision how to handle things, and I doubt you will see any imediate effect ( other than possible estrangement), anyway.