Notices

sufficient substitute

Old 07-30-2004, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chris addict

Lightbulb sufficient substitute

when I first tried to get clean I started drinking to stay off the drugs Now in my mind I was telling myself ( Im not an alcoholic I can just drink until I get over the withdraws of the drugs ) man that didnt work at all.All it took was a good drunk and someone offering me to get high and off I went now I had two habbits alcohol and drugs.LOL thats my luck LOL well years later I decided to go to rehab and there I got god, but didnt do meetings well and that kept me clean and somwhat happy but my adiction kept creeping in until I finally wised up and got a sponser and started going to meeting regularly that was my sufficient substitute I still have a problem spending money very stupidly though. I feel like that might be compulsive behavior,I will tell myself no IM not buying nothing this payday and the next thing you know Ive went shoping I think Im acting out old behavior any advice there please reply.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Have you done a First Step out of the NA Step Working Guides relating to your spending? I know the Guide is written to cover compulsive behaviors in addition to drug use, so that might be helpful.
Love, Eddie
Old 07-30-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Yep - what eddie said.

I am working the steps (again) LOL, this time out of the workbook, and it is about way more than just my drugs use this time around.

thanks for sharing your recovery.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
chris addict

yes Ive just finished step 1 and Its helped Im still strugling with it somwhat and was wondering if there was any advice on what to do when I feel like spending money thats the one thing Im still pretty much strugling with.My sponser and me have made a few deal with each other I just wanted to here how you guys delt with it.