Notices

Day 3

Old 07-30-2004, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

I'm starting over again and am on day 3 of no pain meds. I was doing pretty good but recent surgery got me back on them stronger than I was before.
I see that it only gets worse...but, I miss the comfort they gave me. Eventually, I know the comfort will turn to pure hell...but, right now I can't see that. Anyway, I am trying so hard to do this...just not sure if I can hang in there.

Ali
Old 07-30-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ali, I know a lot of good people in Richmond, Va. I suggest going to a meeting. Im here in Charlottesville and I started an 11pm sat. nite meeting at the Tempel Beth Israel on the corner of 3rd st and Jefferson. 434-249-9915 if you need to talk.

http://www22.brinkster.com/js42dae/newdominion.htm
Old 07-30-2004, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
flush the hydro in the toilet

i have the same problem. Its not easy, i had to get on methadone to get my mind off it. recently i stopped cold turkey, i thought pain meds hurt like hell coming off of. you know what i do everytime i think about taking a pill? i remember EVERTIME i start again, is the pain worth it when i am all out. Dont you feel good about the last 3 days. you only have a few more days to go if your physically dependant on it. email me if you need any advise. i can help. also call the person above, get all the support you can get. your doing the best thing you can ever do.
Mike farley
Old 07-30-2004, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY ALI,TED HERE ALCOHOLIC/ADDICT.
TONS OF NA/AA MEETINGS HERE IN RICHMOND,SOMEWHERE IN THE AREA OF 500 A WEEK.PLENTY OF PEOPLE WITH A SOLUTION.
IF YOU NEED INFO FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE,I'LL GET YOU SOME WOMENS PHONE #s. .................ted
Old 07-30-2004, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hang in there, you can get through this. Take these guys up on the help they are offering.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Ali, Addict named Todd, Day 3 is one of the worst days to go through. I too came of opiates and it was very hard. You got some recovering addict your way that want to help. You can email me, instant message me, I'd be more that happy to talk with you and help anyway I can. Just For Today- I will have faith in someone in NA who believes in me and wants to help me with my program!!! And brother you never have to be alone. Got some good advise and some offered help, Take it please, and we will be there for you.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Truth is the only lasting joy

Peace Ali,
Addict named Shakur. Congratulations on your 3 days.
"Everyday above ground is a good day." - Mel to Tony Montana in "Scarface".
Sorry, I watch too much tv.
Been where you are...Rough times....It gets better, you know that....hang in there & holla when you need help!
Peace
Old 07-31-2004, 05:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 4

Thanks y'all so much for the help. Day 4 ...I'm still here. Ted I'll be getting up with you soon for some info. Thanks again

Ali
Old 08-01-2004, 09:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Ali, This is my first day of no medications.I am a new member and your post was the first one i saw and i knew exactly what you were feeling.(from times before when i had run out of medicine from my over use). I need help.I dread the days ahead. I wish i was already on day 4 or 5. if you can talk to me, please do!!i need to talk to anyone that can give me support.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Would Love To Help

I will send you a private message

Ali