Notices

Not sure what to do?!

Old 07-21-2004, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure what to do?!

I really need to get this off my chest. I am trying to read other posts and find my mind wandering to a certain situation.

I got a call tonite from one of my sponsees who is also in my husbands homegroup. She said she needed to talk in confidence and does not want me to say anything to my husband. He was not at the homegroup monday night for group conscience, he hurt his leg in work and couldn't go. Some members of the homegroup started to take his inventory and someone made a motion to have his voting priveledges taken away because they feel he does not make enough meetings. Not as many as they feel he should make. She was pissed off and needless to say, so am I.

Who do people think they are? The spiritual police!! Just because he doesn't make the same meetings they make, doesn't mean he isn't going to meetings. And there are no set rules on how many meetings a week ANYONE has to make.

She asked me not to say anything to him, so I need to get a chance to talk to her alone without him hearing. He really needs to find this out from someone who cares before hearing it through the NA Grapevine, which can be cruel. At the same time, I need to maintain her confidence as her sponsor. I now feel caught in the middle and very unmanagable.

I am so gratelful I have this place that I can vent.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Wow ((((((namommy))))) that is a tough one!! It is really not fair that they are doing what they are doing concerning your husband. But, you might just have to let it go unless your sponcee would release you from confidence. Regaurdless you know who is in control of the situation and you know who has the perfect plan for everything including this.....
Don't turn codie on us now!!
Old 07-21-2004, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by splendra
Don't turn codie on us now!!

Too late. I feel like I am in mother bear mode, Don't F*** with MY cubs!!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats nutz.... if your a home group member and you don't show they take your voting privelidges.. I'd be looking for another home group.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Your homegroup is home, doesn't matter!!! Send him packing his bags because of not making their requirements. They need to check themselves
Old 07-21-2004, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
chris addict

first of all pray and meditate about it before you do anything your higher power will guide you in what to do.and you wont have to tell him it will come to light if they are acting that way.Just be there for your friend and pray and meditate you will figure it out.I think you would be surprised on how things can just come together on situations like that.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was able to talk to my sponsee last night, at my sponsors suggestion, and we together decided it was best for him to know. Since she was there at the time, she felt it was more appropriate for her to tell him. He was very angry, and hurt. Until he found out who created the motion and said,"Oh, he's an a**hole anyway". Consider the source. He is going to address his homegroup on Monday night. He decided to call an emergency group conscience. My sponsor told me I am not allowed to go because I will fly off the handle. She knows me rather well. And, God is working in my life with that situation, I have to work on Monday night. Oh well. Things will work out, and maybe something good can eventually come from this. What? I don't know.